1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who knows about Mo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Billionzz, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

How good can Mo be?

1st year

Fair but could have been better at rebounding and defense.
    Coming from a great system like the Clippers could have something to do with that. But there was improvement from the beginning of the year to the end of the year.

2nd year

Was in good shape - injured missed whole season.

3rd year

Still having problems from 2nd year injury.

4th year

Physically in the best shape as a Rocket.

We really haven't seen what Mo can do. This will be the telling year for him.

Year one Mo shot 48%, avg. 13ppg and 5.5 rpg.
    That wasn't bad for the first year it would be easy to see him move up to 18ppg and 8 rpg. with Yao getting so much attention and the new coaching.

2. Nova

Nova Member

I have high hopes for MoT under JVG. I still see him as a spark off the bench, but still being very effective and playing alongside Yao for a good portion of time.

3. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I surely hope that MoT will have a monster season, since Ameechi or Cato are not that much of an offense, you know? And for EG future lies within his grasp?:( With all the publicity, Oh man!!

4. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

what's the story on Taylor's injury? how long will he be out or better yet, when will we expect to see him in the line-up?

here's another question. if Mo makes it back before the whole Griffin hiatus, will Mo get the start at the 4 over Cato?

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

according to the last update I saw in the Chron on the 5th...
    Mo said he should only be out 2 weeks...the article initially said 3 weeks..so somewhere inthe middle probably.

If his shoulder is better in time for the next game, he will probably play since with Eggie gone...we are short handed at the 4...

and as for your second question..

I would imagine it depends on his play in that first game back.If he proves he is capable and VG thinks he fits right with the first stringers....thats where he will be.

6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I think that with E-D-D-I-E's problems, Mo is our starting 4 on opening night.

btw, I hate the Eggie thing... just annoying to read.

7. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

E-g-g-i-e got playing time last year because of MoT's injury and Kt's trade...he has never earned a starting job, MoT starts because he's a better player for now. E-g-g-i-e-s problem is that he's not ready for prime time.