1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is your MIP prediction?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by withmustard, Oct 31, 2017.

1. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I did this last year and predicted TJ Warren. Warren got hurt and never really bounced back, even if he had, he probably would not have won MIP.

This year I am going with Domantas Sabonis. The kid is averaging 13 and 10 in only 25 minutes a game on 66% shooting. In 4 of his games he was a combined 29 of 33 from the field and in the other two games he was a combined 2-14. HIs rebounding looks elite and even with his inconsistent shooting is still among the leaders in FG%. In 3 of his 6 games he hasn't missed a shot with a minimum of 7 attempts.

As the thread says, who is your pick?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

IMO, Sabonis wont even lead his team in media MIP votes.

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

for realz. Sabonis might only get third in MIP out of just his teammates. Oladipo is scoring 10ppg more than last year at 25ppg :eek: And Myles Turner had the monster opening night before his concussion.

Gotta put Aaron Gordon's name in the hat, too.
    Porzingis (like Giannis last year) might get a lot of votes if he keeps this up == 29 ppg (11 more than last year) :eek:

jeffvangundy, RasaqBoi and Vivi like this.
  4. heypartner

btw: wouldn't it be cool if the voting went like this
    1. Oladipo -- WB's ex-teammate
    2. Porzingis -- Melo's ex-teammate
    3. Turner -- George's ex-teammate
    4. Sabonis -- WB's ex-teammate

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

For me Aaron Gordon or Oladipo as today.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How about Patrick Beverley? ;)

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I would say Bobby Brown but how can you improve anymore? He’s been at peak level / mamba mode.

Jontro likes this.
  8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Honestly I would like to say giannis, he's been outrageous.

I can't say oladipo because he's improved but pretty much what people thought he was before okc(westbrick) stunted his impact.

Myles was kind of already on the scene somewhat.

Sabonis has literally came out of nowhere and became a very solid player so hes who I'm leaning with.

#8 BigMaloe, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  9. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

10. heypartner

Myles was already on the scene? Giannis won MIP last year, and 2nd Team All-NBA.

Can Giannis win this award two years in a row? I mean, he can, but would he? Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to vote someone for MVP and MIP in the same year.

Hell, I would have given Harden a vote for MIP last year as well as MVP, just to give a finger to all those who didn't vote him on any of the 3 All-NBA teams. I mean, how many times has someone gone from no All-NBA teams to a primary MVP candidate. amirite

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Myles was showing flashes last year and I certainly knew about him.

As for giannis, no way he gets it, but it's just a nod to how much he has improved again. MVP favorite this year imo.

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Between Deangelo & Oladipo.

13. heypartner

Yep. I believe he was even an early favorite in the 2016 version of this thread.

Guess I was commenting on whether he's got a chance despite last year, if we are going to say the reigning MIP does. Because Giannis already won, I think Porzingis is taking his spot as this year's player who is possibly making the Star to Superstar jump for MIP.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oladipo is actually looking like the player he projected to be, I'm going with him.

Funny how all Westbrook did was play with trash last season.

Sabonis, Oladipo, Adams are all good players, the latter two would start for most NBA teams that don't have an all-star in place.

BigMaloe likes this.