1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is this Asian Ryan Seacrest person on the sidelines?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bad_jason, Nov 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

Well, then I'd say that's probably fair, Gessner.

2. jwayne

jwayne Member

He does more than the sideline gig... He is also an anchor on the channel.

3. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

This isn't twitter.

4. Illegal Machine

He needs to let it go. Go to the barber and get a #1. Clean it up. Not some bizzare spiked up hair gel disaster. Also, he's on TV, I'm not.

Balding is a real issue for men as they grow older. It's important that they recognize when it's progressed too far to cover up, and break out the clippers.

I'm doing him a service.

5. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

It's a business.

The Twitter interaction is dumb to most of us, but it does provide fan interaction which in today's NBA business model is a must. He's probably getting a good number of responses and will likely get more if/when the tv situation gets resolved.

He also does Chinese reporting for the network. There's a benefit in having a Chinese face and mouthpiece for the large Asian contingent that Lin brings in. Lin = $$$$.

6. MKL

MKL Member

5 pages and still going about this? You Texans really that uncomfortable with Asian men on TV?

But I agree, they should have hired the usual non-threatening minority lady for that job.

1 person likes this.
  7. TimeZone

TimeZone Member

Wonder if he will read some of the tweets about how CSN Houston sucks tonight? Maybe he can show some of their Facebook comments.

8. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

living in LA, I have to subscribe to NBA league pass for Rox games, normally I have the option of watching the Rox feed or the opposing team's feed. Tonight only Detroit's feed was available for viewing... And boy is that a $hitty broadcast group. I almost missed Ho-Chen.

Speaking of which, how'd old Ho do tonight?

9. MKL

MKL Member

Rockets finally got the twitter graphics on now. So you don't have to see much of Ho Chen's face. That segment is much improved because of this.

10. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

Well, I hope Ho's getting paid nicely covering Rox games for the Chinese audience... It was nothing personal, and I wish him well, but that sideline formula just didn't work.

11. dragonz

dragonz Member

Its not about Asian men, I am an Asian man myself, and I'm still uncomfortable about the stupid "tweeter report" thing

The whole idea is just dumb, no matter the race of the reporter, if its a white dude, it will still be dumb and irritating to the viewers, unless it is a really hot girl (and again, a hot girl from any race would do it, so it has nothing to do with race)

12. MKL

MKL Member

Now with the twitter graphics overlay, it's the same thing that all the other network is doing. Although other network have the hotgirl talking to the camera, or guy/clown with ugly suits.

Ho Chen is not clowney enough nor is he a hotgirl. But, if he can communicate in Chinese, then at least he is useful that way. If a few more games, I don't think anyone would care.

13. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

Has nothing to do with race. But your lying if you say that the dude isn't goofy and corny. And those segments are absolutely terrible.

14. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I mentioned it in the game thread, but I think he should read posts from Clutchfans. The knee-jerk, the strategies, the funny comments. just to get the bbs some exposure.

15. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

What does him being Asian have to do with the annoying aspect of the situation?

16. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

I see it differently. He must be extremely qualified to do reporting because white people discriminate against Asians all the time, especially in the media. So they hire this guy, but give him the ****ty tasks to do.

White people love being hypocrites. They always try to make it appear that the minority was hired because they were a visible minority, but never admit or try to fix the fact that visible minorities are discriminated against. Similar to how white people always say that Jeremy Lin was "unqualified" to play in the NBA, to deserve that contract, and the only reason was because he is Asian. But when you point out that being Asian held him back, white people always say, "nah it wasn't racism, it was blah blah blah...".

These are the type of people who feel that the poor white man is being discriminated against, when actually, the playing field is tipped totally in their favor.

17. jacoby

jacoby Member

He read my tweet on live TV so I love him. Hop off.

18. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

The tweet about One Direction?

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah, but no one saw it.

1 person likes this.
  20. tomato

tomato Member

He didn't even read his Twitter name right last night. He said "H.D. Chen." Come on Howard Chen, don't you know it's ho underscore chen CSN?