1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the Most Unliked (hated) Rockets Player Ever !!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EGYPT, Jan 8, 2007.

1. cptcrunch

cptcrunch Member

I like Barkley but I think he was bad for the team. Aquiring him upset the chemisty the Rockets had and started the Rockets downward spiral. Pippen was my most hated Rocket but the Steve Francis era was the most painful to watch. Steve Francis and his thug crew is a very close second to Scotty Quitten.

2. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Per New Yorker:

"you skipped the part about finally beating Seattle with Barkley..."

Sorry - I forgot Charles Barkley played Seattle by himself.....Wait- Hakeem and Clyde were there too

Didn't Charles Barkley man handle Karl Malone in the Utah series?- Wait - no - Charles did not show up in that series

3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My all hate squad...

Guard Dirk Minniefield

Guard Derek Anderson

Forward Buck Johnson

Forward Scottie Pippen

Center Joe Barry Carroll

4. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

Hakeem Olajuwon!!!! :mad:

5. Rocket_Boy_34

Rocket_Boy_34 Member

1. His attitude killed out team. His attitude killed our chemistry. Trading him killed our future for the next few years after he left. Plus,...he was a Bull. My all time most hated Rocket is Scottie Pippen.

2. He didn't just play for us, he played us. He killed our team chemistry. He was solid for us, but thought he was our go to guy, even when we had Tmac and Yao. Trading him wasn't a mistake, because at least we got somebody who will occassionally pass, and has a ton better attitude. He said he wanted to come back to Houston, but then almost killed our offseason with his b.s. I hope we beat the Wolves every game for at least the next two years. My second most hated Rocket of all time is Mike James.

3. I don't care that he tied his career high in games played, set a new career high in minutes per game, and set a new high in points per game, all with the Rockets. It doesn't matter to me that he played well for us at a time that we probably really needed it. I hated the fact that Shandon Anderson (formerly of the Jazz, currently of the Heat) played on the Rockets. Hated it.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Mine:

Guard Derek Anderson

Forward Eddie Griffin

Forward Scottie Pippen

Center Kelvin Cato

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Mine is:
    Guard: Vernon Maxwell - frustrating...he could go point for point with Jordan, and then lose complete interest in the next three games. He was competitive but he lacked focus or sustained tenacity.
    Guard - Sleepy Floyd - not that he was a bad guy, but one of the most inconsistent players I have ever seen - he would pour in 40 one night and take 4 shots the next, and go 0-11 the next. He always saved a big game right for when the grumbling about him started to boil over.
    Forward: Scottie Pippen - see below.
    Forward: Eddie Griffin - couldn't stay out of trouble or into games. He was like a bigger Maxwell with a longer police stat sheet(barely), and more p*rn.
    Center: ??? I actually liked Cato and of course Yao & Hakeem are both future HOF "character" guys. Can't remember much past that - I'm barely old enough to rememember the start of the Twin Towers era.
    Coach - Bill Fitch - don't know why - just never liked him. He seemed like a frumpy man - I was a kid when he was coaching of course so I can't speak to his bball knowledge now.

Pippen is definetly the most worthless Rocket ever. In fact, Pipped would make the all time "all cancer" team if there was one. All he did was b**** and moan and play like he was in a scrimmage. He called other people out on the team(caugh*Barkey*caugh) and although he had a point sometimes, he was just destructive about every situation on the team. He came into a situation(along with Barkley) where they were playing with one of the greatest most unstoppable players at their position on BOTH sides of the floor(Hakeem), and yet Pippen(and Barkley) thought it was their place to call people out and talk trash in the public.

Rudy T is to partly to blame here too though - from the beggining he should have made that Olajuwon's team instead of giving guys like Pippen say. He coached 'em like an All Star team when they needed a pecking order because Pippen should have never been allowed to fall out line like that. Jordan & Coach Phil would have beat Pippen mercilessly if he had come out and said something Jordan didn't agree with...and I have a hard time thinking Hakeem was pleased with Pippen's public outbursts.

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

What was it, 3 consecutive series losses to the Sonics, the last one a sweep? Barkley comes along and the Rockets win. Yeah, I think the Chuckwagon had something to do with it.
    In one of the series he was injured. In the other one the Rockets should have won but Clyde screwed the pooch on the Rockets last possesion and then Karl malone got away with a bear hug to give Stockton the open three. In neither one would I say Barkley was the determining factor in losing the series, and in the second series the Rockets had a 2-1 series lead until the Round Mound got injured (he also agreed to come off the bench if it would help the team, not a lot of superstars would do that).

9. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

I gotta go with Scottie like everyone said.

but personally, I really dont like Mobley, Cato, Maloney, MoTaylor....

one guy that was dropped from my hate list recently was JHO, I also dropped Luther Head from my most hated list since he improved his game and survived his 40 games slump.

I recently added a guy to this list and I am sure a lot of people have done that as well. do I even have 2 mention who he is? it's our great PG Rafer Alston, the same guy I got into so much trouble defending him. how great is that? nobody gets away with embarrassing RocketsMac. welcome to the list Rafer. :D

10. dream2franchise

Floater also refers to an unflushed turd in a toilet bowl. In Rafers case, both definitions are suitable.

I defended Griffin for so long, he really disappointed me and all of us as a
    fanbase. But considering how things have gone, i'd do it again to get Yao.

11. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Thanks for the clarification. And dream2franchise, your other def is very funny too.

12. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

pippen
    thomas hamilton
    mike james

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I never disliked him that much , but I remember when the level of hatred for Kelvin Cato for roughly two years was unbelievable. It reminds me of the current level of hatred by many for Rafer Allston.

BTW I would like to get at the minimum a veteran point guard to avoid the 4 for 16 Rafer shooting nights. It sure seems like there should be a back up point/ starting point guard out there somewhere.

14. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Granville Waiters....no seriously it had to be Cato, Matt Maloney and Quitten

15. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Hakeem and Clyde couldn't get it done against Seattle the year before. They needed Barkley to get over the hump.

And if I recall, it wasn't Malone who hit the series winning shot.

16. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie