1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the Most Unliked (hated) Rockets Player Ever !!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EGYPT, Jan 8, 2007.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I was only 10 when Pippen was a Rocket and did not follow the Rockets religiously as I do now, what exactly did he do that makes him the most hated player in Rockets history?

If anyone can give a summary, I would really appreciate.

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Pippen, without a doubt. I really disliked him when he was a bull. and when he got here i disliked him even more(as far as it was possible).

3. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Scottie Quitten. Scum.

4. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

He pretty much quit and cost us the playoffs.

Turns out he really WAS just a shadow of Jordan. Can't do much when his master is gone.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I gotta go with Eddie Griffin. At least Pippen was here for only one year and the Rockets were able to get something for him. Griffin was a bust of such epic proportions that he set this franchise back for years. Thank God we lucked into the #1 pick after his rookie season.

6. rfila

rfila Member

I can not say I hate Alston. He has not intentionally done anything uncalled for as a Rockets. He has been trying his best as I see. He certainly has been playing terribly as a starting PG, either because of his limitation of the skill or his mindset on the court. He is still a decent NBA player(may not be a decent starting PG).

I can see people get upset with his play on the court. But really, you can not blame him that much because the coach put him in. I have not seen an NBA player say no about coach's decision of playing him as a starter yet.

7. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Sorry, I know 'layup', 'dunk', 'tear-drop', 'jumper'...but what is a 'floater'?

8. Prosun

Prosun Member

See that's the thing that people need to understand. I don't know about bringing up the "everything happens for a reason" cliche, but I'd just like to say that if we didn't make that trade (get #7 pick Eddie Griffin in return for 3 picks including Richard Jefferson), perhaps the Rockets would've been too good to get the #1 overall pick to draft Yao. If we made the playoffs, there'd be no chance at getting him. But then again, perhaps we already have championship or two. It's an interesting way of thinking. The Butterfly Effect.

9. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Yao Ming and Hakeem.

10. milkyecho

milkyecho Member

Mine is Barkley. I didn't like him when he played for the Suns and the trade that brought him here broke my heart. *sniff*

so by the time they brough pippen in, I was already jaded anyway.

and now for barkley to diss the rockets and yao? ppsh. he wishes. i bet he enjoyed all the restaurants in houston.

although kenny smith's trash talking is worse. What does he have to be bitter about?

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

12. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Charles Jones. I kid.

Scottie Pippen.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This question is ridiculous! If you were around in 99 you would know its Pip by a LOOOOOOOOOOONG SHOT! That guy cried about playing too many minutes while making BIG bucks. Clutch himself said something along the effect of Rodgers 4 Pip being the worst trade in Houston history. I guess you will see the occasional Vernon Maxwell hater. But c'mon... Its NO contest.

14. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Pippen without a doubt.

Per Durvasa:

"Why do people dislike Barkley? I thought he played pretty well while he was here. Didn't he grab 30 something rebounds in his first game as a Rocket?"

Charles Barkley - I considered listing him, but it is not even close to the hate I have for Scottie P*ssy Pippen. The reasons:

1)Charles BArkley came to camp 35 lb + overweight every year-I argue this contributed to his injuries - he was so a out of shape-reflecting his level of respect for the Rockets. Charles would say he was going to "play himself into shape"-ridiculous

2) Charles -play of "backing it into the basket" slowed our offense down to the point everypone was stadnding watching him

3) I cannot count the number of times I saw Charle Barkley grab rebounds out of another Rocket's hands

4) His showboat attitude - I remeber him drinking beer in the locker room after a loss -watching Tiger Woods win the Masters- He could not have cared less.-Chemistry poison

5) A choker through and through- I should love him for running his mouth as a Sun "butt kicking time" - them choking at home 2 games in a row.

6) Charles' attitude toward the media in Houston- an *ss clown-drawing attention to himself - declaring he was going to stop drinking alchohol for the good of the team- what a hero. I could not have cared less if he drank - but shut up about it

7) He took away from Hakeem's inside game-a disruptive ball hog who could never get enough atttention

8) We gave Robert Horry and Sam Cassell in their prime for him-we would have been set at point guard for years- a position we sorely needed for a long time after

I will agree he was a gifted athlete- his negatives out weigh any positives he brought here

I hate Pippen more- he hurt us for years- we got nothing for him after we had invested huge resources signing him

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He complained about his extensive minutes despite getting paid an insane amount of money. He then insulted the city of Houston and Charles Barkley in an attempt to get traded. He called Barkley fat and uninspired. Somewhat true, but it was still unprofessional and Barkley put it all out there on the floor (more than I can say of Pip). In addition Pip turned it over and lead the Kobe coming out party in the Lakers series. Cmon, we traded the guy for Cato, Mclean, and godknows what. You know he must have did something bad...

16. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

Scottie Pippen for me as well, but I admit I was cursing at the TV calling Rafer every name under the book because he was basically taking our team down with him just because he cant hit the broad side of a barn! :mad: :mad:

17. Sextuple Double

Floater=Teardrop

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Steve Francis - So hate he cannot be talked about in the GARM

Rocket River

19. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

He also tore Rudy-T apart.

20. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

you skipped the part about finally beating Seattle with Barkley...