1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the most overrated star in basketball right now?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DudeWah, Nov 5, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

I watched Bucks Raptors ofc and then Boston Raptors and half of Raptors OKC and half of Raptors Pacers. So I fell pretty comfortamble expressing opinion on the current Raptors.
    Demar shot selection didn't seem much improved to me. In fact it seems to be a danger of him forcing his chucking because of him wanting to get a big payday as a free agent.
    The biggest difference is VAL. Not Demar. Val is starting to be who he can be.

And if you think I'm some kind of Raptor Hater (which I'm not. Just tired of all the overhyping from Craptor fans) seems my opinion is shared by others too.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="el"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just finished Mavs-Drakes. DeRozan's pump fake/foul-drawing is bailing him out of sooooo many bad shots. Liked CoJo's D, as usual.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/661891948274429952">Νοέμβριος 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you are happy with your allstar Demar Derozan you can keep him. Your team with such a bad chucker having the ball in his hands as much as he has won't go far.
    Would be interesting to see how high apg would be for Demar if he was in a team like the Lakers. Probably 1 as well.

2. sew

sew Member

Yeah I mentioned there was one game where his shot selection was pretty bad and that was the Dallas game. Personally, I've been fine with his shot selection so far this season. The winning probably helps.

3. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

I looked it up and was surprised to see you're right about his rim protection. It's odd how blocks are so diverged from rim protection these days, compared to the days of Hakeem. I hate how the rules favor centers and PFs taking charges over going for the block.

4. Apps

Apps Member

Kawhi Leonard. Great basketball player? Yes. But Pop just said he could be like Jordan, and after their championship a couple years ago people were talking about him like he was going to be better than Lebron. Great two-way player but so overrated right now.

5. chandlerbang21

James harden takes the cake and should be the only answer

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

dont recall anyone saying stuff like that. KL isn't definitely not overrated imo. People say he can't do this and that every year and ever year thus far hes proved all those people wrong.

7. chandlerbang21

harden and new style? NOPE the is still taking the same contested shots and playing ISO ball at top of key as he did last year. only changes are that good defensive teams shut it down

8. malakas

malakas Member

Yes. It's surprising I know but true.
    And about what I said about Tyreke , a good number of AD's offense comes off from Tyreke's misses. The numbers are astounding.
    That's why when Tyreke is back magically AD will look like his old self.

Look. The guy is pretty young. It's even good for him in my opinion, that his game is finally getting exposed somewhat so he can focus even more to his improvement and not getting cozy by all that praise. He still has a long way to go.
    realllly? After this seasons few games that is the one you are choosing? He has dominated everyone he has been assigned to guard so far. DOMINATE. His defence is phenomenal. His offensive game gets better and better.
    I'm trully amazed by Kawhi's game and development and he doesnt' seem to be slowing down.
    And every time you hear the same old same old by fans. "He's the system's product" "He's no real star" etc etc Bullcrap. Kawhi has been amazing this year.
    He's much bigger star than Paul George but the casual Nba fans are quick to crown the one and dismiss the other just because his game isn't flashy.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden is not overrated, he just has a spoiled attitude because of Mchale. They put him above the team.

I would say it's Curry. Those illegal screens give him open looks. That team has an asterisk from me.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No one hates Rocket players like Rocket Fans

Rocket River

11. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

1. Klay Thompson
    2. Harden
    3. Chris Paul

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

LMA.

Has been overrated for years. Good backup guy, but needs a big dog to carry him.

13. tdo

tdo Member

If Harden is your answer, you are a damn fool.

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Carmelo Anthony and i mean it

15. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Based on salary it would have to be Curry hands down.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I feel stupid after seeing Davis today. :p

17. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Davis had a great game, by staying inside the 3 of line more.

Harden I think will play well today.

18. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

And Harden is playing very well this far!

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I feel sorry for everyone who said Harden in this thread.

43 pts and 13 assists

In fairness to y'all, I'm going to assume you confused "who's the most overrated" with "who are the stars in the most slump to start the season."

I'm stunned...and shocked...that I'm the only one to say Love is the most overrated.

Or is saying Love,,,so yesteryear?

20. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member