1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the most consistant Rocket this season so far

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Voice of Reason, Dec 10, 2003.

1. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

hands down: mobley.

If it weren't for him, the Rox would have lost a lot of these games.. he has consistently been the highest scorer and lit it up from three point range in the fourth.

Yao has also been fairly consistent.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

LOL! :D

I'd have to go with the Cat as well. He has been my favorite Rocket for the last few years and I am glad he is finally getting some respect around here.

3. Zhu_BaJie

Zhu_BaJie Member

4. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Wow, Cat's getting love. I had to go with Mobes too. Francis, who was our most consistent player last year, is struggling in the new system. While Yao is pretty good most nights, it doesn't mean he's playing at the same level or at the level we come to expect to all year. Mobes while have a couple of off nights (mostly in that one stretch) has seem to adjusted, and is giving us what we expect from him, a third score to take the heat off our big two. He's doing that just fine this year.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Cuttino Mobley

6. lalala902102001

Cat and Mobley.

I think that Cuttino really has stepped up his game this year. Although he still makes mistakes every now and then, he actually is playing well under control and within the system. He's been our most consistent perimeter threat night in and night out. More importantly, he is the best one-on-one defender on the team.

I think that Cat may have felt the pressure building against him because of all the media talks of him not passing the ball last year. We are seeing a new CAT this season and I just love it. By playing the right way, Cuttino is a top ten shooting guard in the league.

7. danjojo

danjojo Member

Aren't these 2 the same person ? or do you mean Cato ?

Anyway, Yao has been more consistent then anyone else. Except for his 20-20 game, his numbers look pretty much identical each game.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Cato has been damn good this season, but I think from production wise Cuttino Mobley gets my vote. He has been excelent for us so far. His shot is back.

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Amaechi(sp?) by far the most consistent player. Every game you can put it down his stat line in ink before game, DID NOT PLAY - COACH'S DECISION.

10. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Cato and Mobley.

11. Sane

Sane Member

Wow, I can't believe Yao isn't getting more votes.

Ask yourself this: is it easier to predict Yao Ming's line or Cuttino Mobley's line on a consistent basis?

I think It's WAY mroe likely Yao will have 17/10/2 on any given night than it is that Mobley will have 16/3/4 on any given night. Mobley may score 30 and he may score. Sure, he's been good, but not CONSISTENT. Yao, on the other hand, has been very consistent.

12. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Well... You can count on Cynthia Cooper being awful every night. Did you hear her say that the team turned around "360 degrees" yesterday?

13. DnD

DnD Member

Gotta go with Cat and Cato. Cat's been fairly consistant and has been getting his points and has been good with passing (he averages a career high 3.1 assists per game as of now). He's also been shooting the best in his career (FG 45% and 3PT 42%). Cato's been consistant on the boards (8.7 rebounds per game) and has been a defensive presence along with Yao (1.75 bpg and .95 spg). I would like him to shoot more higher percentage shots though. His FG% is down to 39% from 53% last year.

14. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

It's Cat...& Yao is a not-too-close second.

Like last nite, Cat has come through time after time IN THE CLUTCH.........exactly when we needed it. He's cutting down on TO's and is "getting" JVG's system. He's also playing tough D every nite.

Props to Cat.

D R

15. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

I'd say Cato and MoT. MoT hasn't played enough but still, he is bringing it. Rasheed 3-12! Cato and MoT 17 boards! Yes! :D

16. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

I really can't label anybody on the Rockets consistently good this season. Mobley comes the closest.

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

It doesnt take away from the stupidity level of the comment, but she was referring to Randolph. Not the enitre team.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's gotta be Yao. Double digit points every night. Averaging 17/10/2. I would say Mobes, but the occassional 3-21 shooting nights has to take him out of the running. That only leaves Yao and maybe Cato.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree with Mobley; he seems quicker, faster, stronger. Still a streaky shooter, but impressive overall performance. Despite some obvious immaturity, I have always liked his game much more than Francis' game, even though, at times he appears to be imitating Francis. Francis, maybe because he adjusting to a new system that does not accentuate his strengths, looks worse than ever (despite the game winner.) Ming seems stronger, but less consistent than last year. Again, he might the adjusting to the new system.

20. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

Here is Mobley's score for each regular season's game:
    21, 9, 14, 20, 21, 30, 9, 10, 19, 19, 7, 17, 17, 14, 17, 9, 32, 16, 14, 24.

His rebs go from 0-9, assists 1-8, TOs 0-6.

If y'all call that consistency, then I don't know what the word means any more! :(