1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the Lesser Dwight Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 4, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The spirit of Chuck Hayes has entered Greg Smith.

2. 408_to_886

408_to_886 New Member

Damn what are they feeding you guys in the east bay....Hayes from San Leandro nd smith from Vallejo hahahaahah.

3. AFS

AFS Member

Good thing Smith is a pretty good free throw shooter.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

When the Rockets kept Greg Smith over Jeremy Lin last season, I was a bit skeptical. Not that I thought Lin would blow up, but I wondered why the Rockets were so high on a player that was effectively their DLeague project. And figured it was more important to have a 3rd PG in case of an injury.

I must say, Greg Smith seems like the first player in the Rockets DLeague developmental pipe line to succeed. Hopefully Machado follows in his footsteps.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

from watching Smith early on i realized he could be a force offensively: good size, soft hands, excellent foul shooter, improving post skills, good quickness and impressive athleticism. But his defense was pretty bad. Over the last few games, and especially last night, i've really seen him put forth the effort on the defensive end, and it's paying off. His improvement over just a year and a half is astonishing. Wish he was locked up longer-term. He really does have incredible upside. He's probably a mid-range game away from being a starter.

If you compare him to another raw player of similar talents that the Rockets tried to develop, Jordan Hill for example, Greg Smith might already be better, and he's 4 years younger.

#45 Aruba77, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  6. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Should I change up my sig to Greg Smith now?

7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Dwight Howard is the lesser Dwight Howard.

1 person likes this.
  8. mesta

mesta Member

Seriously, did you even watch the game? in the first half Smith only played for 2.33 minutes against howard in the 2Q...

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Can't teach desire. I love a guy who clearly wants to be out there.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Asik is the 7-ft Hayes.

I love Smith. But he still has a long way to go to be like Hayes on defense.