1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the better QB prospect - Vince Young or Matt Leinart?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by IC2000, Nov 28, 2005.

?

Who is the better prospect?

1. Vince Young

131 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. Matt Leinart

120 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

What a great thread.

;)

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ehem...as I was saying.

:D

3. Cohen

Listening to Corso right now say it's the greatest individual college performance that he's ever seen in his life. They're saying we'll be talking about this for 20 or 30 years.

4. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

With that "we're still the better team" comment last night, I don't think GMs would wan to pick him up. He will be another Vince Young's Matt Leinart as Ryan Leaf was to Matt Leinart.

He certainly did NOT show me HIS character last night. I never hope bad things for anyone, but I can't hope too much good for Mr. Leinart at all after last night. :(

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The intangibles are why I would draft VY. His will to win, and ability to stay poised and be a leader are beyond the scope of anything Leinart has.

7. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Vince Young is like the big billy goat that comes across the bridge and totally kicks the troll's (IC2000) butt. Crow tastes sweet sometimes...

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You weren't being cocky, or anything, and I am not trying to turn this into a crow eating.

I do find it ironic that VY's mentality and his mental ability to be winner in addition to his ability is probably what won the game for Texas last night. I mean with just over 6 minutes to go, Vince was mentally where few QB's could be. He was exactly in the state of mind where he needed to be to win. It was pretty amazing.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

VY is the epitome of winner. he's major applewhite with ridiculous. athletic talent.

10. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Leinart better get used to losing- he's going to be doing it a lot next year.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

What ever happened to old red...?

12. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Good call. Major never seemed to get rattled, almost always made the plays he had to make. He was all heart in an undersized, unathletic frame. Vince is all that, combined with more physical talent than anyone else on the field. It's almost unfair.

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Offensive coordinator for Syracuse.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

major and vince are my favorite football players ever. on any level.

15. Cohen

Did IC2000/KAS13 stroke out or something? Where'd he go?

;)

16. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Vince is a hell of a lot better than I thought. I still stand by Leinart will be a better pro than Young. But Young is definitely a special player. And drop the we are the same person crap, its obvious we are not.

17. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

"USC's Matt Leinart, who could have been the first pick a year ago had he turned pro after his junior season, still remains the consensus top quarterback in the NFL draft, even if Young comes out. For Leinart, he is likely to be the choice of the New Orleans Saints at No. 2 with Young projected to the Tennessee Titans at No. 3."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2284744

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

conference on KPRC channel 2

19. hoang17

hoang17 Contributing Member

This means jacks*hit on who's the better QB prospect. Leinart and Young are 2 entirely different quarterbacks. And just because Mortensen says this also doesn't necessarily mean that he's the better QB prospect than Young. There are a number of reasons why the Saints could pick Leinart over Young:

- Benson wants to move the franchise to LA, thus taking Leniart back to the West Coast

- Benson is a very frugal owner thus he probably doesn't want to take a risk/gamble on Young but the more sure pocket passer in Leinart

- If you want to base things on Mortensen, he was on earlier today saying that experts/scouts are worried about Leinarts arm strength and if he can't take the physical poundings in the NFL.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

With that brace Lion Heart hobbles around on -- are we even sure he even has a human knee anymore?