1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is the best player on Team USA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by True Rocket, Aug 15, 2014.

?

Who is Team USAs best player?

1. Curry

11 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. Davis

100 vote(s)
    28.4%
  3. Harden

202 vote(s)
    57.4%
  4. Rose

36 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Other

3 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Dafuq? This should have absolutely NO bearing on who is a better player

2. VBG

VBG Member

No ****. You're a genius for saying that. I was just qualifying my statement. I despise Harden's game. By far the least favorite star to watch play. And it probably affects my judgement to a degree.

I still haven't seen a great argument showing Harden is better than Curry but that's fine. More people just getting mad.

3. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Parsons for sure...

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure best recruiter, but Anthony Davis will be having the best stat sheet. ;)

5. Remii

Remii Member

You're missing the fact that Duncan had a SQUAD, he played for S.A., and has one of the best coaches ever. We don't know how Duncan would do on a team with less talent because we've never seen him on one... Heck, San Antonio just beat the 5h1t out of the rest of the NBA and Duncan is a shell of himself.

But the Wolves are in the west... Not the east. No need to discuss the "what if" when we have facts to go off of, and the fact is Harden got a less talented team to the playoffs with suspect coaching "in the west" and guys like LMA, Love, etc took their teams to the lottery "in the west."

6. houactuar

houactuar Member

I can't watch the team anymore because seeing that punk chandler parsons makes me mad.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's not on the team anymore.

8. houactuar

houactuar Member

Awesome. Why not? No money in it? Did Cuban tell him he didn't want his ass et at risk?

9. houactuar

houactuar Member

That's going to hurt the best recruiter in the nba.

10. houactuar

houactuar Member

Sounds like coach k needed big men, not little boys like cpmav to play vs Spain.

11. houactuar

houactuar Member

Tough summer for cpmav being rejected three times. First Morey says he doesn't want him back, then a gogo dancer on twitter, and now coach k. He must be crushed.

12. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

There's no "who's best" in team. Sure ain't Parson's !

(Harden is clearly getting his teammates involved. Rose looks ready to go.)

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Offended he wasn't a "cornerstone."

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I am still in utter shock that Chandler Parsons was able to get 15 million dollars on the open market. It's just unfathomable.

I was disappointed to see him go, but I simply cannot believe we got Ariza for half the price of Parsons. The more time goes by the better than deal looks to me.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Both the Parsons and Hayward contracts are insane. Ariza was a steal in comparison.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yes he must be crushed by all those money bags stacked on top of him. Dude just signed a 3 year 45 million dollar contract... I think this he's probably having one of the best summers of his life.

17. traveler

traveler Member

Harden is the best. Davis, Rose and Curry has been injury prone. Usually that shows they will continue to be injured.

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

While I agree about the injury part, I do think Davis could be better than harden but it won't be this yr. Davis has the potential to be the best big to come into the game since Tim Duncan. What I don't like is the injury part. This guy just can't stay healthy and you are right once injured multiple times the odds stack against you especially if your injured so much before age 25.

Now rose and curry their PGs and under 6'5. I'll never rate a player that size over harden ever. They just can't impact the game the same as a good wing plus hardens just a lot better player than rose, curry is a stud and IMO in the overrated/underrated spot kinda like harden. But he's just too small to ever impact the game defensively.

19. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

FIBA style and Euro style is generally about shooting.

In this way, Curry fits as standing to play the best. That-being-said it also make him less unique for the Euro style teams to guard as they already are expected to close out shooters.

Harden, with his elite slashing and euro-step will be difficult for the less athletic nations to defend him and they will get even more caught up in Harden's web of foul drawing abilities..

BUT. I'll have to give this to Davis, if not for anything more than the lack of strength in most FIBA nations. Sure they can still compete against Davis for height, but he can seriously power dunk over most of those guys without a problem.

I think Rose will be rested a lot, so haven't really thought about him.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I feel like Morey would roll with Davis.