1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Who is Ronald Murray?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Panda, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Panda

Panda Member

This guy is like coming out of nowhere, averaging 23 pts, 4.7 assts and 4.3 rbs for Seattle in three games played. Here is a snippet on him on NBA.com:

Selected by the Milwaukee Bucks in the second round (42nd pick overall) of the 2002 NBA Draft ... Traded by the Bucks with Ray Allen, Kevin Ollie, and either a 2003 first-round draft pick or two 2003 second-round draft picks to the Seattle SuperSonics for Gary Payton and Desmond Mason on 2/20/03.

Another Cuttino Mobley?:eek:

If he keeps this up, then what a steal it is for Seattle. With Ray Allen and Reshard Lewis(the scoring leader) how far would they go this season?

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/statistics?statsId=3639

Interesting...the guy only played in 14 games last season, just 2 with the Sonics. Was he injured? I never heard any hype or read any ink about him then, so I guess he wasn't impressing too very many people. My guess is that the guy has managed to play 2, maybe 3 games out of his mind to start the season and will slowly fade back...but maybe not all the way. I doubt he will be another Cuttino Mobley.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Great comment by Seattle GM when he said that if Murray keeps it up he'll claim he would not have made the deal without Murray being included! LOL.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Ronald Murray was thought to be by some experts a steal for the Bucks because he might become a good reserve PG.
    He is doing a great job for the Sonics.

5. Panda

Panda Member

From the latest game against the Hawks, which the Sonics lost 91-81. Seattle is 3-1 now.

35 mins 9-20 fgs 7 rebs 2 assists 4 pfs 24 points

Pretty nice numbers except for the low assists. Like Raven Lunatic said, I think his stats will drop with more games played, after the league taking notice. On the other hand, it's getting clear that he's not a fluke. I'm intrigued by this player. At 6'4" 190 lbs, with low assists and a plethora of scoring he is starting to remind me of a Rockets player.;) It'll be great if someone watched him play tell us about his game.