1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is responsible for effort?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Dec 10, 2019.

?

Who is most responsible for a team's effort?

1. Coach

36 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. Superstars

26 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. Individual Players

39 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it is ridiculous. That is why the coach shares the blame.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

The regular season doesn't matter. You can play your ass off every night, but you still can't predict who will get which seed during the last week of the season.

Regular season is just full of expedition games. We know this, the players know this. Why give a **** until the playoffs?

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Expanding on your complete hypothetical, let's say, leading to such post-game quotes, those 7 players scored 70 in the first half and, like, 25 in the second half. Complete hypothetical, mind you.

Gray_Jay and J.R. like this.
  4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This is a cleverly disguised thread of "who would you like to get rid of from this team?" A lot of people come in bashing MDA, some bashing WB and Harden, and others just hate the organization entirely. Good work here guys.

5. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Do you feel lack of effort is losing a very competitive game by one point or two points in double overtime is a lack of effort?

Wouldn't lack of effort be getting blown out by a larger margin?

Of course I'm not happy with a loss, that's another loaded question and no one should be. The team needs to improve and I can understand your feelings.

But basing it all on feelings when we lost by one point and two points in double overtime isn't due to lack of effort imo. We can agree to disagree.

6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Coach didn't have this problem in 17-18. We weren't having these discussions then. That was a much more mature roster.

HP3 and saleem like this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

In terms of accountability(in general) I’ve seen harden take responsibility , Ive seen Morey do it , I’ve seen Russ say things.

I’ve never seen MDA say he made a mistake

Y’all know I’m a hater , but can anyone dispute this point ?

smp and J.R. like this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Ariza and Luc gave us stability on defense. Chris obviously was the biggest difference as far as leadership was concerned, prior to his injury.

9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Oh man, you would love Bill O'Brien.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don’t like a lot about BOB

But I do respect that one aspect. Now given, he says “I need to coach better” so much that I question if it’s genuine.

harold bingo likes this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Rasheed Wallace.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Why are you missing the strippers of the Men's Club from your poll?

13. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

So what was the main factor for the 2016 finals comeback? Lue's coaching or Lebron's leadership?

14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Then...it's up to the coach to put those players demonstrating they are serious about winning on the court.

Which raises the question: what would happen if Harden were held out of the starting lineup...or pulled off the court, when he didn't exhibit this?

A dog would be extremely motivated to rectify it when he got back on the court.

How do you think Harden would react?

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Because seeding matters, learning how to play well together matters, letting the other teams know you know how to play together matters..

and...their $%^% paycheck matters. Don't play hard during the regular season...why should FANS give a *****...maybe even including the playoffs?

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

It's the players responsibility to put forth the effort - and the coach's responsibility to do something if it aint happening...

smp and BaselineFade like this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Kevin McHale coming off a WCF appearance....

smp likes this.
  18. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

IMHO its on coach, when u have 7-8 rotations, it’s hard to blame the rest of guys or supper stars.

BamBam likes this.
  19. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I think it's mainly on the coach/gm. It's all about the culture they create and if they create one where it's okay to be lazy and give minimal effort, then that's what they'll do against teams like Sacramento and when up 22 against a bad SAS team. If you build around guys who takes nights off because the numbers tell you to, then it's going to happen.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I’m trying to wrap my head around this question because the answer is so obvious that I don’t understand why anyone would ask. The answer is always the individual person, no matter what they are doing.

Look at guys in the NBA who just don’t quit like Tucker and Beverly. It’s inside. It’s called work ethic, drive, fortitude, spirit or whatever. It’s independent of talent.

BaselineFade and Os Trigonum like this.