1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is Posey like?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr. Basketball, Dec 20, 2002.

Tags:
  1. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Doug Christie can score and he can hit the 3 ball better than Artest or Posey. I'd be happy enough if Posey provides Christie's defense but he developed Christie's outside game would be a bonus. What about comparisons to Richard Jefferson? They both can rebound and defend. Jefferson's shooting is much higher than Posey's but Richard rarely takes anything outside of 20 feet. I'd be pretty happy if Posey was similar to Jefferson.

But I'm still optimistic and hearing about how he defends 1's and how he could even bring up the ball -- this guy is the next Scottie Pippen (pre-Rocket years of course). :D

2. SLA

SLA Member

About Richard Jefferson...HE IS AWESOME.

We traded Richard Jefferson, Jason Collins, and that other guy to the Nets for Eddie Griffin? Can someone explain that to me? I mean Eddie is doing great but Richard Jefferson is doing great too.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's too hard to predict how a player will do. Come on, if the Rockets knew Jefferson would be this good, they may have gone for him. And Amare Stoudamire would have been picked by another team earlier. If you think that's crazy, look at the NFL. Clinton Portis almost looks like a Barry Sanders clone and I think he went in the 2nd round.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You just did.

5. SLA

SLA Member

About the NFL...AARON GLENN!!!! Go Texans! He is a PROBOWLER...

Okay. What pick was Amare Stoudamire? He is good.

Yep...he is good. Cuttino Mobley: NUMBER 41 PICK. He has become a pretty good player.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think Stoudamire was 9. Or was it 7? Mobley would have been a first round pick for sure. If I was the GM I would take Amare over Jay Williams. Amare will be dominating while Jay will be solid.

7. SLA

SLA Member

Yeah. And I remember everybody saying to pick Jay Williams. He is a good player but there are many point guards. There are not that many tall players as tall as Yao. Well...there's only two. And the people were booing when he was drafted! Man...everybody must be stunned. Still...some prejudiced people who know nothing about basketball (like me) know who Yao is but just say that he's bad.

OH YEAH!!!! ABOUT POSEY....IN 2 HOURS...I gotta get ready. Bye. This time, I will not come back until a month later. This is your Christmas gift from me. Happy Hannukah!!!

8. drewpy

drewpy Member

I am a big Kurt Thomas and Lee Nailon fan.
    I did go to school with them both after all.
    I'm still baffled that Mike Jones wasnt drafted that year.
    Go Frogs.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Maybe Rudy really liked how the team played when Hawkins was at his best. Then he went out and got someone similar but much, much better. I hope so. We paid quite a bit for him.

10. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

I am too, but I was showing how dumb it is to compare a solid player to an all-star.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That's why he said "poor man's".

12. Panda

Panda Member

It was also dumb to compare Yao to Bradley.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's exactly my point.

14. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Marion's skill set is so much different than Posey's....they aren't even comparable.

Just like Webber's skill set is so much different than Thomas' that they aren't even comparable.....but I guess that won't be accepted because I'll get lambasted no matter what.

15. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

When I think of Posey, I think of a bigger, stronger Michael Cooper.

16. YoaMing

YoaMing Contributing Member

I think Posey is a "poor man's" Lamar Odom. Both are long, can rebound and pass well, but are not good outside shooters. However, Lamar is a much better ball handler than Posey.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I agree with that. But what you first said was that it is dumb to compare superstars to solid players. That's a different point you made.

18. Maryland Terps

Posey is a young Scottie Pippen. However, Posey does not quite carry the mean streak Artest has-- that counts. He does make a very nice addition to our soon to be championship team.

19. feishen

feishen Member

Oh

20. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Ya, I was about to say that. Though Posey might not be as great of a defender, but still very good.