1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is our ideal first round matchup?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by m0lson, Feb 26, 2015.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think we're everybody else's idea match up. if that counts.

2. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

haha...probably true. However, the Rockets have yet to feature a fully healthy lineup this season with all of our assets. Here's to hoping everyone can stay healthy for the stretch run and Howard comes back sooner than later.

With a healthy Howard (big if), the Rockets are certainly contenders. I think Prigs just MIGHT be able to mask some of the weaknesses we have at PG with some valuable spot minutes to fascinate the second team, while Harden facilitates the first (we caught a glimpse of that during the 15-1 run against the Clippers).

A Healthy lineup can win it all.

Howard/Jones
    Harden/Terry
    DMO/Smith
    Ariza/Brewer
    Bev/Prigs

3. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

FIXED

4. CertifiedTroll

We will see Milwuake in the finals.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Dallas would be the "easiest"... but given their coaching and experience, they could definitely win the series (remember they took SA to 7 games last year).

Also, that would be the "hardest" loss to an opponent to swallow... and really would have the front office questioning some coaching or philosophy changes if they're not even good enough to beat them.

6. hakeemthagreat

You're crazy if you think the Clippers would be a ideal match up for us lol. Blake & Jordan will would cause complete kaos with pick & roll. I'd say Portland, Dallas or Memphis

Portland because I think our bench is much better than last year's and we have more options to guard LMA. We also have more options to put on Lillard. Dallas because I don't think they're that good. Memphis because I don't think they can outscore us if we're hitting our shots.

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Assuming we have Dwight...

Not scared of MEM, SA, DAL or POR.

Would be a little worried about LAC.

Want no part of GS or OKC until as late as possible.

Also lol if you really think that every team, hell even most, would pick Houston to play as their ideal first round matchup.

Some of y'all are so shell shocked from years passed that you don't want to believe we have a good thing going here.

8. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

San Antonio or the mavs so me and my roommates can end the 2 year arguement

4 roommates: 1 mav, 3 spurs

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Sixers... I heard they aren't even trying to win

10. tdo

tdo Member

I doubt it. I would think Dallas would be everyone's favorite matchup, given how they have performed against WC playoff teams, and their woes on the defensive end. I guess you could argue that teams or more afraid of their coaching and experience, but I think it is fairly obvious that we are the superior team (especially with a 75%+ healthy Dwight).

In order from most desirable to least

Dallas
    San Antonio
    Portland
    Memphis
    Golden State
    LAC
    OKC

It really is an incredibly difficult conference. I don't know if you could choose the "favorite" in any potential first round matchup. Dallas could beat us, and we could beat OKC... It really just depends on who is clicking during the playoffs.

11. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Bruh they embarrassed us 4 times this year theres no way we can beat the Warriors

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

woah. balls man to choose the Blazers over the Thunder

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Doesnt mean anything. Didnt the Nets sweep the Heat last year in the regular season? We pretty much owned the Blazers too, look how that worked out. Playoffs is a new season.

14. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I wasn't necessarily predicting the winners. I was plotting out what would be the most favorable scenario for the road to the Finals.

15. Entropy

Entropy Member

Spurs would be the ideal matchup. The other 7 give Houston nightmares.

16. Entropy

Entropy Member

6, rather.

17. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

If Rockets Get the Howard that Came back against the Nuggets Ill Take Any First Round Matchup besides OKC and the Warriors

18. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

19. MystikArkitect

Interesting and depressing.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would love to get revenge on Portland. I think we'd wreck them this time. But I guess the Mavs or Spurs would be an easier matchup.