1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is better Tracy McGrady or Allen Iverson?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets#1fan, Jul 6, 2008.

?

Who's better T-Mac or AI?

Poll closed Aug 25, 2008.
  1. Tracy McGrady

175 vote(s)
    76.4%
  2. Allen Iverson

54 vote(s)
    23.6%
  1. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

Which player is more talented and who do you like better?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There is no doubt Tracy is more talented. In fact, it ain't even close.

As far as which player one likes more, let the debate begin. I like AI more but I'd rather have Tracy on my team.

3. rocketshopeful

ill take mcgrady's talent, but man if he only had iverson's toughness he would be unstoppable.

4. mazyar

mazyar Member

Allen Iverson has had a better career so far. But Tmac is a better talent, and an overall better basketball player right now. But I voted for AI 'cause he's had a better career. I like Tmac better.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Iverson can't make his teammates better and struggles to mesh with other good players. He is of the Francis (young), Arenas, etc... mold. He must have the ball in his hands to create offense and thats it. His only success came when they surrounded him with role players like Mutombo, Snow, and Bell in Philly.

6. kaydawkuh

kaydawkuh Member

well, talent-wise. both are extremely athletic, but iverson is in a 6' body while tmac is in a 6'8" body. But i'll take t-mac due to size and passing. and honestly, his days in orlando, he was scary offensively, an absolute terror. don't get me wrong, iverson was as well but t-mac was on a different level.

but just imagine iverson's heart and desire in t-macs body. haha fun to think about.

7. Asian Sensation

And Mcgrady's success came when he was surrounded with role players in Orlando? Nope. When he was/is surrounded by another superstar and good role players in Houston? Nope... at least not yet. I love Mcgrady as much as the next guy but he's got nothing in comparison to Iverson's accomplishments.

8. Agentzero

Agentzero Rookie

It's not a qusetion of who is better at all . It's a qusetion of who is worse. ;)

they both deserve ring ,but unfortunately having found no fellow who can help achive the goal. luckily t had joined rockets where another star can bring him fame and fortune and everything that goes with it,he should thank Yao and all the clutchfans all . But right now , there is no bed for t to rose in, there is no pleasure cruise for t but tough tasks like winnig the ship.t consider it a challenge before the whole rockets team but we are not gonna lose.
    We are the champions ,my friends , we 'll keep on fighting till winning the ship , we are the chanmpiions ,no time for Luther so that trade him any way , to the kings along with scola and bjax for artest.Then we are going to be the champions of the world

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

AI took his team to the finals, Tmac has never been past the 1st round.

10. ricky812

ricky812 Member

Tracy is more talented I think, and I like him better only because hes a rocket but say what you want about iverson, but he got to the finals in his prime as the only legit scoring option on his team. While he was with the sixers he only had the chance to play with one other all-star (mutombo) the entire time. AI has had easily the better career, and because of tmac current injury problems, there is no way you can take him over AI assuming AI plays 15+ more games a year. Though that does not mean i would trade tmac for AI with the team we have now, i'm just saying if a new team were to be started AI would be a better choice.

11. Agentzero

Agentzero Rookie

T mac had tried his best , but still haven't broken to the second round even one time ,He had achived 22 streak ,when facing the jazz he still had to go back.And 13pts in 35s ,he had made it true , he had suffered the damned injury in his back hut he had cone through.He is the champion of the world,aas well as all the his rockets' fellows.They are the champions They are the champions /no time for Luther because he can make no contribution so let him go. :cool:

12. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Couldn't have put it better myself, I will always role with the taller player.

13. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Tracy's ability plus AI's heart ='s a bad mother ... shut yo mouth.

14. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

AI has had a better career, but Tracy is my dog. I think both are great and extremely talented, but they do play different positions so it is hard to make a direct comparison. AI had some sick crossovers in his time.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Iverson has more heart and similar talent.

AI FTW.

DD

16. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Tracy is better, but I like AI because of his toughness and desire not to lose. As I have said many times before that if TMac had AI's toughness and Kobe's killer instinct he would be the best player in the league. He definently has the skills to be the best.

17. LouisianaRocket

:confused:

18. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Hands down Iverson.

19. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I think Iverson is harder to stop because hes quick but TMac is better overall

20. ambrose86

ambrose86 Rookie

I am surprised that a.i. has more than 30% of votes. Ridiculous.

On the other note, KOBE has no killer instinct. He's just a selfish b*stard who wants to win all the glory.