1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is a better upgrade? Howard or Josh Smith

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Apr 7, 2013.

1. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

He isn't the same player tho. No doubt we will take Howard in a heart beat if we are getting the Magic Howard. That's why some of us here are hesitant to commit to Dwight we don't know which Howard are we getting

2. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Interesting. Amazing how much he has regressed. How does his athleticism compare with someone like T Jones? Jones seems far more coachable.

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Dwight played 7 seasons of pretty much 80+ games and this year he's playing through injury 70 games. He's been pretty durable his career so I think Morey sees it as a pretty good gamble.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Dwight Howard. It's still a star's league and he's a bigger star than Josh Smith.

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

U saved me keystrokes. Howard and Harden makes the rockets instant contenders. They would then have 2 premium players. They could then parlay. Lin,asik,,robinson, and others could be traded for picks or players. I think a frontcourt of parsons,jones,and Howard would be pretty damn good. Throw in Harden and another off ball pg and you have something special.

6. dianelo

dianelo Member

Josh Smith for sure. I think he's a better teammate than Howard.
    Right now chemistry and harmony is important to this young team. I don't want Howard the Whining b**** in our team.

7. kastuul

kastuul Member

Harden and Howard for H-Town?

8. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

the weakest link is PF, so I prefer Josh Smith.

9. cml750

cml750 Member

I hate to break it to you but I can speak from experience that back injuries are forever. I have had two back surgeries on two different disc with the exact same injury as Dwight and I can guarantee you I am not the same man I used to be and I don't run and jump for a living.

10. bbc_nico5

bbc_nico5 Member

theres a huge upgrade with smith coming in at the 4 of course but i'd stick with the young guys to develop at that spot (jones,greg,t-rob,d-mo) and grab howard.

11. newAge_Rockets

Why not both? Cue mexican music

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

#72 Tfor3, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013