1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who here thinks we should get back the old clutch city song

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farhan007, Jul 31, 2003.

1. farhan007

farhan007 Member

Im sure most people agree that the rockets new starting line up song or should i say starting line up drumb beats really suck!!! Remember the old song that really put you in the mood for a game(its in clutchcity.net's flash intro). We should sign a pettition to change back to the old song. heres the link to the song im talkin about Here!!!

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

I disagree. I like the drums. Its different and unique. ;)

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I like the drums too, imagine that! :eek: Beats that horriible techno garbage.

Tim, if you're out there....keep the drums!

4. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

The drums are great, and the Rockets player intro is by far the most unique and original in the NBA. So simple, yet great.

5. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Are you guys who like the drums season ticket holders?

I am and I think they are as annoying as hell!!

6. aboinamedray

aboinamedray Contributing Member

the drums are really ghetto imo...
    how can you not like the clutch city song? that was like the best entrance music in the league.. its on the same level as the bulls entrance music

7. xcharged

xcharged Member

That song stirs up some good memories...

8. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I love the drums! That's why I bring a frame drum to the games with me.

9. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

The drums were allright at first but I think they need to go.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"Rock It" by Herbie Hancock should be brought back. Maybe "How Ya Like Me Now" also.

11. ima_drummer2k

Exactly. It was totally un-original and un-unique (is that a word?).

To be clear, I love the drums....during the introduction only. After that, they need to just go away.

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I hate the drums and love the old techno theme, but still wouldn't want to see it return. That was for a different time, when we were stacked with hall of famers and you knew they were going to lay the smack down every night... well, 1997 at least. ;)

New team, new song needed.

13. farhan007

farhan007 Member

but yall dont understand, the beat is awsome in the old one. the drums have no insparation at yall... its kinda gay also when the crowd yells out "houston!!!!", "rockets!!!", so orignal huh?? the old music reminds me of the old days, when we were winning.

14. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Anyone have the drums on an .mp3 or .wav?

15. farhan007

farhan007 Member

how can you like that drumb beat. its so freakin plain. the techno theme is so upbeat and gives you the "feel"... All of you that like the drumb beat, have yall ever heard the old theme!!!! IF you did i cant see how yall like the drumb beats more. MY 8 year old brother can play our starting line up now, its so simple. just a couple of simple beats!!!!!

16. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

The reason I was asking is that I'm not even sure if I've heard this newfangled drum beat, as per I don't live in Houston anymore. Before jumping to any conclusions, I wanted to sample to drums for myself, so I could compare it to the old techno themes.

However, my initial inclination is to say that the old theme belonged to the Hakeem era, and that the era of the Franchise should have its own music.

To take it a step further, I think we should usher in the new era in Toyota Center with something entirely new, so as to start completely fresh.

But none of that disuades me from my desire to hear the drums that everyone is referring to.

Thank you for your premature conclusions.

17. ima_drummer2k

It's called a "groove", look into it. ;)

Yes, being a Rocket fan for nearly 25 years I've heard the "old" theme. It was cool for that era. That era is over.

Personally, as much as I hate the spazz I like hearing AC DC's Thunderstruck before the tipoff. That would get me pumped up. Since we're in Texas, maybe SRV's The House Is A'Rockin would be pretty unique.

18. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

anything is better than the drums.

The old clutch city intro used to get you pumped up for the game. Everytime i hear the starting lineup now i just watch something else until it's over.

19. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

Look, those drums make me want to go throw myself in front of oncoming traffic--and I'm a drummer.

I understand some of you not wanting the old to be connected with the new, but "U Got 2 Know" by Capella (the song we are talking about) beats out that Intel Blue Man wannabe crap any day of the week.

How about using the song they play immediately AFTER the starting line-ups--"Name of the Game" by The Crystal Method--as the song DURING the starting line-ups? You hear me, Tim????

:D :D :D

20. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

I HATE THE F'ING DRUMS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: