1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who has the ugliest uniforms now?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A-Train, Aug 11, 2003.

Tags:
  1. tigereye

tigereye Member

Actually the Suns DONT use silver. That color is really a metalic Jade color used to represent cactuses and other desert plant life in the southwest region.

But still, it has no place with Purple and Orange. It ODES not match. Even a blind person could see that. Its is simply the ugliest color scheme ever.

And as for the uniforms, thick Jade double trim on a Purple jersey looks so bad, I almost go blind looking at the thing. And whats with the ellipse around the numbers on the jersey? They tried to be like the Rockets in 96' and be futuristic and trendsetting. They got the same results as the the PJ's got. Some people just dont learn.

And to think about it, ALL of Phoenix's teams have ugly uniforms, D-Backs with there purple stripes, the Cards with that way too plain-Jane look, the Suns, The Coyotes with that deformed r****ded looking Cat.................There all awefull!!!!!!!!

And people actually complain about the new Rockets logo and uni's? Take one look at Phoenix and consider yourselves fortunate.

:)

2. mikedane

mikedane Member

Suns and jazz.

3. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

The Mets?

4. BERSERKER

BERSERKER Member

Cacti.

5. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Minus the ads of course.

6. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

is it just me or do the magic and the hornets have the exact same uniforms?

7. tigereye

tigereye Member

Griffinfan, I sure hope this was sarcasim for your sake, cuz if not, you need to be like EG and lay off the crack. ;)

8. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Close, from what I heard, they're getting an alternate jersey in that scheme. They're keeping the regular jerseys.

9. clemchink

clemchink New Member

HOW CAN PEOPLE FORGET ABOUT DENVER's?!?!!

I'm not even talking about the old one where they had the gold, blue, and red...I'm talking about the new one that's like light blue. Didn't you see Melo wearing that ugly ass hat Draft night?

They remind me of the UCLA Bruins with that blue and yellow...ewwwwwww

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I must be the only Rocket fan to have enjoyed the so-called pajama unis we've had for the past several years.

11. utsrinu

utsrinu Member

I hate the grizz unis

12. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

A lot of people seem to dislike the Raptors unis, which is weird, because I think they're not bad at all. I'm not crazy about the color purple, as I've never like Whoopie Goldberg, but I consider the cut of the Raps uniform to be excellent; the high neck and shoulder cuts lookk cool. I am not biased on this, because their old unis with Barney on the front were butt ugly, and I hate the Rockets pyjamas.

I know ther's the whole mystique, but the Lakers colors suck wind. I'm not crazy about the Jazz unis, but mostly because they;re boring...but that's the thing with basketball uniforms; you can be boring, but it's pretty hard to be really good or really bad, which made my time as a Rockets/Raps fan, when they both had awful unis so painfull...it's like you have to really put in a concerted effort to be as terrible as either of those were...

13. StillHoldin

StillHoldin Member

Man I dont kno off the top but I would have to say Utah needs to change the unis.Miami needs to.Memphis needs to.Where the hell you gon find a Grizzlie in Tennesse.

14. Coog

Coog Member

Got to agree with Clemchink--the new Nuggets uniforms win going away! Those things are hideous.

I think Toronto's uniforms now are better than the cartoon dinosaur edition of a couple of years ago. Can't imagine why anyone would like those better.

Looks like the new Grizzlies uniforms are going to be brown. No good way to make that color acceptable.

Finally, all these choices are going to be lame-duck, waiting for the new Charlotte unis. DAY-GLO ORANGE??? Don't stare straight into them, or you'll go blind.

15. tigereye

tigereye Member

Nope.............Sources close to the team confirmed to SBN awhile back that the colors will be BRONZE, black, and red. The Roads will be black with bronze and red trim. The logo will be of contemporary design, just like the Rockets new logo. Some designing company in Mississippi won the bid.

And for the record.................I LOVE Toronto's on court look. I love it so much, I went out and bought the jersey the day it hit the stores. Its has a smooth contemporary design to it while maintaing a simple, traditional, and professional look. The two colors is a pure ingenious idea. The cut of the jersey is fantastic. And regardless of purple, the color scheme looks great. In fact, the shade of bright purple is the best shade of this color currently used in sports.

and one more thing,

According to SSUR.COM, here is an official list of teams getting new looks in the near future.

National Basketball Association
    Charlotte Bobcats (2004-2005)
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Denver Nuggets
    Houston Rockets
    Memphis Grizzlies (2004-2005)
    New York Knicks (rumored Orange third jersey - 2003-2004)
    Orlando Magic
    Philadelphia 76ers

And to elaborate on both Philly and NY.........

NY was trying to get an orange alternate featuring the NYK secondary logo on the chest a la "superman style" just like the Rockets proposed first new uniform design. The Knicks were truned away apparently on this request. The jersey will now say "Knicks" on the front and the jersey WILL be ORANGE. Look for them to try and beat Charlotte to the punch line as being the first basketball team to wear orange................BIG WHOP!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

As for Philly.................I just want to clarify, the proposed logo design I posted a while back featuring the "flying GAY patriot" was rejected. Instead, the team will go for a more subtle Denver-like change in which black will be phased OUT as the main color and red, white and blue will be phased back IN.

FYI......And for football fans, on Sept 4th look for the Dolphins to unveil ORANGE alternate uniforms at a kick-off festival for the upcoming opener vs. the Texans.

And here's a link. Enjoy the site.
    http://ssur.org/news/uniformlogochanges.htm

16. slinslin

slinslin Member

Phoenix home jerseys are good.

Besides that the Suns get alternate jerseys this season.

And I am curious where they have 5 colours on one jersey?

[​IMG]
    I am counting purple and white and a tiny bit of orange that's surrounding the number.

[​IMG]
    Purple, grey, white lettering and a tiny bit of orange.

17. Coog

Coog Member

Thanks for the correction, Tigereye. It was just a guess, based on the new look of their website. I guess that background color is supposed to be bronze.

If what you say is true about the Knicks new unis---that's just scary. Why is everyone in such a hurry to look that bad?

18. tigereye

tigereye Member

Because it looks so good on U of Miami's jersey, that's why. But the NBA is adament that it isnt going to happen for any team.

Also, I have some info regarding the Toronto uniforms situation, Listen up MacBeth! ;)

The Raps are not getting new uniforms as some of you might have known. Instead they will get new red alternate jersey's and a new secondary logo as part of the teams marketing effort to become Canada's Team. Purple is going to be phased out from being a primary color to be a secondary color and mainly used for trim. Look for more red to be used in the future.

Check out the hat
    [​IMG]

19. WhosNumber1

WhosNumber1 Member

Because they wanted the more plain, and MATURE look...stupid if you ask me...I hate our new jerseys... "We are hear to play basketball not win a fashion contest" WoW! Now they mean business! LOL The home authentics look some what decent. The rest is strait wack...Those look like somehting id find at goodwill...and I think the one u posted isn't the authentic away new 1...its the replica , still trash tho!

20. mrfrancis

mrfrancis Member

you are