1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who has the most pressure with the playoffs looming?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CheezeyBoy22, Apr 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Who has the most pressure with the playoffs looming?

1. McHale

72 vote(s)
    36.9%
  2. Harden & Howard

91 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. Morey

9 vote(s)
    4.6%
  4. Other

23 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. yummyhawtsauce

I really think aldridge is the key for portland, Lillard is a volume guy, he's gonna shoot alot with a poor %...just let him fire away and live with the results, both Lin and Bev can handle him...What I really want to see for Houston is Mchale's adjustments. That iso crap isn't gonna work in the playoffs now that the other team is game planning for you full time.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Howard most likely; dude left Lakerland and money (debatable on money) to play in Houston. If he does not do well, it's going to look really bad on him.

False. Rockets fans WANT Lin to do well, because that helps the ROCKETS. Most Rockets fans I know however, don't have any high expectations of Lin anymore. It is more like, we HOPE he does well, but we will take whatever we can at this point as long as it does not hurt the team.

3. yummyhawtsauce

Also I think Lillard this time around will bait Bev into fouling as well - just my guess if he was smart about it.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bingo!

5. bongman

bongman Member

Bev takes up $788K from our cap space. There is no pressure on him because he knows that even if he doesn't perform well, plenty of teams will lineup for his services and pay him way more than what he is currently making.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

McHale is set up to be a scapegoat. That is pretty clear. Any pressure he's feeling is not a reflection of reality. He was hired by Morey/Leslie without much in the way of HC credentials. No one can legitimately say that he's failed to live up to expectations. Most reasonable people would say that he's exceeded them. If this team flops in the playoffs, a lot of it is on Morey, make no mistake. Either he was wrong on his choice of coach, he was wrong on Dwight at the max, or he was wrong in how he's decided to fill out the rest of the roster after signing Dwight. That's not to say I'm unhappy with Morey overall, or that anyone even needs to be blamed, period. I'm just answering the question.

7. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Lin can do that but you are seriously mistaken if you think it will stop the hate, it will just spur us on.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Looks like Howard has answered the "call".

James Harden, you're about to get ripped a new one by the media!