1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Gets Cut?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Moonscope, Oct 9, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Black is definitely a keeper this season or next one, we already lost James Johnson to Memphis through Dleague

We need toughness and rebounding badly and Black has better size arguably than Dorsey who is a undersized C

2. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

So Adrien is a lock? I Like what I saw from Black I'd rather keep him.

3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Both are playing great but Adrien is definitely the better player IMO.

4. danoman

If Black continues to play well and dominate the rebounds I would pick him over Adrien.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Cut D-mo I hate inconsistent players.

6. Chamillionaire

If we can leave him on the Vipers to polish up his game and get him some burn, I would go that route. I think someone said he was 6'9 without shoes. If that's the case then he's undersized as well. We don't play with the top of our heads so wingspan is just as important.

Dwight / Dorsey or Black
    Jones / DMo / Adrien / Capela (Vipers)
    Ariza / KP
    Harden / Daniels / Terry / NJ (Vipers)
    PB / Canaan / Smith

I think the last spot is between Black and Dorsey. I'd cut Garcia but that just me and keep Ish.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol one is 22 and Adrien is a more finished product at age 28, not much comparison there.... would keep both for different purposes

Adrien to plug in from the bench and to develop an almost ready young player in Tarik Black

8. jedicro

jedicro Member

As of right now, Ish is our backup PG, and for good reason. There is zero chance he gets cut.

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I'd let Canaan and Dorsey go. We need playmaking on the bench and Ish provides that. He can't close the gap on Lin's point production, but we can close that gap with Terry, Pap, D-Mo.

About the wingspan on Black, he's nearly the same as T-Jones. 6'9" guy with 7'3" wingspan.

Capela is 6'11" with 7'-5" wingspan and super quick & high jumping so I can't wait for him to start edging out minutes.

10. rockets13champs

I hope a trade is coming. I dont want to lose alot of those guys. If rookies dont count on team if we send them to dleague all year it makes it alot easier. But i really hope a trade is coming. Like yhe harden trade before opening night

11. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

I have no clue why you think Dorsey is getting cut. Unless he becomes a constant injury concern he will be on this roster...

He will be a defensive force and management really likes him and brought him over for a reason...

This Dorsey is years removed and light years different from the Dorsey you remember...

Our overseas players will stack up as follows: Beverly, Dorsey, Papa then Capella...

12. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Dorsey over Black ten times till Sunday...

1 person likes this.
  13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

if black is undersized to you then a Adrien is a midget. adrien is 6 5

14. benchmoochie

management viewpoint changes after seeing a player on the court. Dorsey does not have any playing time as of yet. If he comes out not as advertised then he is gone. Just like Ish is out playing Canaan right now; Ish may have passed him on the PG ladder.

15. benchmoochie

Canaan won't be outright cut. If Morey wanted him gone then he would try to find a taker for a low second

16. danoman

Canaan won't get cut. Ish has him beat in experience but Canaan will be a better player than Ish in the future. I say we trade Ish for something of value and move on. Problem solved.

17. bongman

bongman Member

If we are to believe what has been coming out interviews, defense is the theme and Mchale had made comments about Ish being a much better defender than Canaan. IMHO, problem is not solved if our defense is not better. Offense was the least of our problems last year.

18. BeardFan19

BeardFan19 Member

Trade Jones and Canaan to the bucks for Ersan or Brandon Knight, creates room for 1 player and keep either Ish or Black.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are in a Win now mode and developing a mediocre NBA player is the least of our concern - that is Canaan

Ish holds together the 2nd unit just fine and has much better overall value that is beyond scoring and shooting

Some food for thoughts

20. bmd

bmd Member

Canaan just isn't very good. The only thing he can do is shoot 3's and handle the ball well enough.

He can't play defense, he's an average passer, has no court vision, and can't finish at the rim because he's too small and has short arms.

He's not going to get much better.