1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Gets Cut?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Moonscope, Oct 9, 2014.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If you want some tough defense, you should keep Adrien and Black.

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

unfortunate capela wanted to be over this season

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Need to cut Papa, dude is a Certified Scrub [​IMG]

Just Kidding

4. Progs

Progs Member

Man, I hope we keep Adrien. Dude is tough and can finish around the rim. He is also a beast at rebounding. (He's my starting PF on 2k15 :cool:)

5. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Dwight
    Harden
    Ariza
    T Jones
    Beverly
    DMo
    Terry
    Papa
    Capella
    TDaniels
    Nick J
    Cannan
    TBlack
    Adrien
    Dorsey or Garcia?

I know contracts may not agree, but this is the team we SHOULD keep.

Problem is bigs vs SF
    Bigs: Dwight, TJones, DMo, Black, Dorsey
    SF:Ariza, Papa, Garcia
    Tweeners:Capella(not really sure where he fits?), Adrien

Best in preseason.... Black and Adrien, no question IMO and if we don't keep these guys over low contract money I think we make a big mistake, especially Adrien. I know Dorsey has a contract but keeping him over Black would be a mistake as well.

I think we need Adrien as our third SF and matchup PF and I think we need Dorsey as a big body(Kendrick Perkins role) more than we need Garcia because Adrien can take Garcia's spot. The biggest problem is scoring from that group of bigs, there isn't much, but nobody on the roster is going to change that. Luckily our guards can score and will have to which is why Ish gets cut. If Ish was as good as Beverly on D he might have a chance but he isn't and he can't score either.

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This is why I am pro-keeping Dorsey. While short, he is still strong enough to bang with big centers defensively. I think he is second best on team at that even though he may be a worse player than others that will be cut.

Garcia is almost like a security blanket for McHale. When the going gets tough, McHale will go with people that will be where they are suppose to be and know the system. Morey has to know that if Garcia is on the team, he'll be playing minutes in the postseason. I don't know if this is a pro or a con for Garcia.

7. basketballholic

Black is not making this team right now unless there's a roster clearing trade made where we give up 2 or 3 guaranteed contracts for 1 larger guaranteed contract back. (Could happen in the next week.)

If a trade doesn't go down clearing a roster spot, Black will be cut and likely sign with RGV.

8. basketballholic

Dorsey has guaranteed money for 15-16. He's not getting cut. He may get traded after Dec. 15th but he won't be cut.

9. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

IMO this is as good a reason for Morey to get rid of Garcia so that McHale can't play him. Garcia wasn't effective at any point last season. I really like Garcia's grit and personality but you can get the same thing from Adrien with a lot more upside. The problem for Adrien is that he doesn't shoot the 3 and Garcia does which may be the difference in a roster spot.

10. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Black will make the team.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I need someone to convince me how Garcia will make this team.

If Garcia will make this team, that means we will need to cut 2 guys out of this group :

Black, Canaan, Ish, Adrien, Dorsey

- base on preseason performance, Garcia has ZERO comparing to Black/Adrien.
    - base on position needs, Garcia will not get any playing time when Papa and Ariza are both playing well.
    - base on leadership or experience, we have Terry.
    - base on insurance, our backup PG position is very shaky and I would rather keep both Canaan and Ish unless we will have some major trades.
    - base on the scheme and direction we are having this season - defense and toughness, we should keep at least 2 of the trio of Black/Adrien/Dorsey
    - base on the trade value and contract, we should keep both Canaan and Dorsey.

So, give me a reason why Garcia needs to stay?

12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Garcia is staying, get it through your thick skulls!

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Great logic, repped.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets make release of Akil Mitchell official today and sign Geron Johnson. Both will soon be proud RGV Vipers.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/525312361612451840">October 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets still have not officially waived Robert Covington, but has not been w team for almost 2 weeks. Weighing guaranteed offers in Europe.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/525312678064324608">October 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Francisco Garcia............

Will

Not

Be

Cut

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Honestly though....

Either Garcia isn't playing in preseason much because he's already locked in the roster enough to where McHale knows what he has and wants to see more of the young guys

or

He's an obvious cut because he hasn't earned PT even in the preseason

Both of these could be true, and we'd have no idea. However I'm sure there is an INSIDER out there that has a pretty strong claim on some type of conspiracy with the Garcia under the table agreement (which wasn't very under the table).

17. basketballholic

Garcia is going nowhere. People make way too big a deal out of vets not playing in preseason. Doesn't mean a thing.

18. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

My guess Garcia a GREAT glue guy:confused: We shall see Morey's strategy soon.

19. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Toughest decisions this yr I can recall 2get down to 15. Good problem as staff did gr8 job bringing in players who can contribute!</p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/525343104073998336">October 23, 2014</a></blockquote>