1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who fills the extra roster spots?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol wut

Dmo and Jones are getting all the PF minutes

2. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

a stretch PF is what we really need right now...someone's who's money from 3....

3. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I Said he could play "some" minutes, as in very sparingly. He would be had for cheap, good insurance policy, especially if dmo isn't 100% straight away.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

But when he's hitting his threes, the opposing PF is going to be too frustrated and might be taken out of the game. That in itself is a form of defense.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This team needs someone has higher basketball IQ and made less dump plays.

Which almost can not be found with min salary, so forget about it.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

oh yes because he is a great influence in the locker room. NOT

7. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

The only thing we still lack is a good outside shooter.

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Dude what the hell is your problem? I'm fully aware of his past issues, it doesn't take away from the fact that he can play. I heard for much of last season that Josh Smith was a cancer. Like I said, dmos injury may be worse than the rockets are letting on and he may not be 100% immediately, which would mean you roll into the season with a recovering dmo and t jones. Just highlighting the fact that Beasley can play the 4, could be had for peanuts and shoots the three at about 35% over his career. If he proves to be too much hassle you just cut him, no big deal. He would take the vet min. I don't think Morey is even considering Beasley, I'm just suggesting hypothetical players who can be a stretch four. And unlike some of the other suggestions, he will cost virtually nothing to attain. I think dmo can absolutely be that player (shot 37% from three last season) but he has to get healthy first.

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Not sure if serious but between Beasley with his weed and Lawson with his DUI we could be TMZ favorite team.

10. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Sam Dekker going to play stretch 4

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

DMo is a stretch 4, he was killing it from deep before his injury.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

This makes sense. IF Dekker is ready. And the guy advocating for Beasley makes all kinds of sense. 1) D-Mo may not be ready physically 2) Dekker may not be ready mentally 3) Beasley provides as good offense, better defense than TJ 4) Beasley is better 3 point shooter (which team lacks at 4 right now) than TJ or Harrell since Josh's departure 5) Beasley is still young (26).

Would take a chance on Beasley. Rockets might as well go full r****d. :grin:

13. thekad

thekad Member

Beasley is god awful, not even an NBA player. Comparing him to TJones is actually laughable.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Seriously, 37% is very good for a stretch big.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Obviously I struck a nerve with you. Is Beasley your fantasy long shot pick? If you want to talk vet minimum because of how Dwight can not play back to back then I would think that overshadows what you're trying to argue at the 4. I think if the rockets want to improve the 4 spot then they would go with a candidate of higher caliber than Beasley. They would go for a game changer not someone that could shoot 35% from 3 as you argue.

By the way you need to take a course in grammar. Your run on sentences are disturbing.

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

One guy I'm keeping my eye on is Nikola Mirotic. The Bulls need wings, and we have a bunch of them. We may have to include something else, but we have several assets that Chicago could be interested in without trading any players (beyond a wing).

Boozer would be nice. Good rebounder, decent mid-range shooter, and decent finisher around the rim. The only way he would come is if we promised a certain number of minutes, and I'm not sure we have the spots right now. Also, he's not a great defender, and with a Lawson/Harden front court, you probably want someone that's above average.

Our best option right now is to stay patient....it paid off with Lawson. What if Atlanta loses a couple of guys to injury, and Horford (who is in the last year of his contract) becomes available?

17. mockster

mockster Member

I think we should delay the chuck wagon signing for now, there's to many better opitions to just sign Hayes and be done

18. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I would love to see a big 3rd backup C that is 7ft and long, although there are probably none. But maybe an older vet that is seeking that last run, just in case we need him for injury protection to give us 10 to 15 minutes a night if one of Dwight, Capela or DMo has injuries.

I would also love a better backup PG than Jet, although I would be happy with Jet because of his experience and leadership. I really don't know if we could get anyone younger or with better defense that offsets his shooting and intangibles though.

I'm really happy with this team as is, so the final two spots don't matter as much. The only real upgrades that would matter is if we actually did a trade that moved out rotation players. If that happens, i'm sure Morey would only be doing it for a player that would have a bigger impact than the players going out. So I'm personally happy and just ready for the season to start no matter who fills the last two spots.

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

im interested in defense (someone that can do ANYTHING AT ALL to slow down Griffin and LMA) and rebounding. there isnt a 4 out there that I would rather have taking a 3 than any of our guards and 3 spot so i would rather focus on the other 2 things.. IMO.

20. mockster

mockster Member

Anything on Jason terry?