1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who fills the extra roster spots?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 19, 2015.

1. OpenLayup-Why3?

Boozer is a good rebounder but horrible defender. If that doesn't show you that rebounding is not defense, then nothing will.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Terry for sure and then probably Boozer. Multiple sources here (cyber , codman) have said we wanted him. So I think he's the most probable.

3. mockster

mockster Member

True but adding him as the third PF isn't a big risk. He's just insurance plus he can ball and puts up good stats

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Boozer has a nice mid range jumper and can rebound well and that's something neither DMO or TJ are good at. When the rockets win the battle on the boards they usually win.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I'd be shocked if we didn't use our MLE (even if it was a deal similar to what Kostas got, 1 year+nonguaranteed year).

6. eman

eman Contributing Member

Bigger Al PLEASE! C'mon, Murray. sign him already! My worst fear is Memphis will get him, have Z-Bo teach him up, and then it'll be Z-Bo1 and ZBo2 bruising us all night long whenever we play Memphis. Sheesh, our rebounding was so anemic last year, and Bigger Al is a rebounder.

7. malakas

malakas Member

lol that reminded me how Zbo calls his child. Little Zbo :grin:

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We used it on KJ.

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Lawson/Bev/Terry
    Harden/Thornton/McDaniels
    Ariza/Brewer/Dekker
    D-Mo/Jones/Harrell
    Howard/Capela/Wood

1 Patrick Beverley (PG)
    2 James Harden (SG/combo G)
    3 Trevor Ariza (SF)
    4 Donatas Motiejunas (PF/C)
    5 Dwight Howard (C)
    6 Ty Lawson (PG / combo G)
    7 Marcus Thornton (SG / combo G)
    8 Corey Brewer (SG/SF)
    9 Terrence Jones (PF)
    10 Clint Capela (C)
    11 KJ McDaniels (SG/SF)
    12 Sam Dekker (SF/PF)
    13 Montrezl Harrell (PF)
    14 Christian Wood (C)
    15 Jason Terry (SG)

Guards: Lawson/Bev/Terry/Harden/Thornton/McDaniels

Wingmen: Ariza/Brewer/Dekker

Bigs: D-Mo/Jones/Harrell/Howard/Capela/Wood

Looks good to me. I'm ready to roll.

#49 cdrive, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

crazy that the oldest guy on the roster right now is trevor ariza who just turned 30

11. justtxyank

Here is a 12 man roster:
    Lawson/Bev
    Harden/Thornton
    Ariza/Brewer/KJ
    DMO/Jones/Dekker
    Howard/Capela

That means they can sign three of Terry, Hayes, Harrell, Alan Williams, Glenn Rice Jr. and Christian Wood.

I expect it to be Hayes, Terry and Harrell personally.

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I think Hayes might really come and you're spot on. I have Wood in my 15 though since they already signed him to a contract with partial guarantee. So someone who might know details on this, help me out. Would the Rockets release Wood, forfeiting the partial guarantee to him as a wink wink while they sign him to RGV? Then use that newly cleared 15 spot for Hayes?

13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Wood or Williams
    Terry

This is the most loaded roster in the past 20 years!

14. justtxyank

I mean technically they can't offer him any sort of wink wink promise, but I'm sure that they would expect any guaranteed money to help satisfy him in RGV while he develops. Then you just hope no one plucks him if you are actually high on him.

I can see why you'd put him on the roster with that guarantee, but I just can't see him making the final 15. Team is a title contender. We need real depth, not projects. Capela himself is a project, can't afford more than that. Someone on the bench needs to be reliable to come in and play NBA level minutes, know the rotations, etc. in a pinch.

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Lawson-Beverley-Terry
    Harden-Thornton-KJ
    Ariza-Brewer-Dekker
    DMo-Jones-Harrell
    Howard-Capela-Chuckwagon

Looks so stacked. I bet that third unit could beat the Lakers

16. NewAge

NewAge Member

Kendrick Perkins is the first domino to fall among the vet min guys. (I fully assume that Kevin Seraphin will get more from someone)

If we dont get Perk, maybe Chuck Hayes, but I don't know what shape he is in, he didnt play much in TOR.

Alan Williams will probably get called by a team where he would play...

This Wood kid, I still think he is a decent project, and we have him under contract. Maybe if we whiff on Perk and Chuck is no longer in basketball condition, we keep Wood as the 15th guy

17. Aydge

Aydge Member

Terry and Harrell are in.

I say we let Big Al and the Chuckwagon play for that last spot in what would be the most epic low post battle of 6'7" guys of all time.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

With SA and LA getting bigger, i wouldn't want to resign Terry. Alan Williams would be a better move in this instance. We are going to need him more than Terry. Harden can be our third ball handler. He likes to make things happen with the ball in his hands. As much as i like Terry, we just don't need him as much, imo.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'd bet on youth. Use the remaining MLE to sign both Harrell and Williams to 3 year deals. I realize that this would hard cap us, but given our depth, I think we're ok. We are not in the same position the Clippers were last year.

Harrell
    Williams
    Terry

20. justtxyank

Both Lawson and Bev are injury prone. You HAVE to have a third guy on the roster that can plan PG minutes.

With NJ gone, I think Terry is a lock to return unless someone is about to dump a PG.