1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Else Hopes Yao Suffers a Career-Ending Injury?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rox81, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rox81

rox81 Member

Not because he's not "one of the best centers in the game... when healthy", not because he hasn't "done so much for this team", not because he's not "a cash cow with whom Les will never part", not because he's not "so humble and takes a great approach to the game"...

[take a breath from all those double-negatives]

... but because he's a major what-if albatross around our necks. His constant injury situation weighs us down. The man is made of Chinese porcelain, and playing on an NBA court is like having a bull in a... well, you know.

We need to be rid of Yao once and for all - even if it makes us worse in the short- to medium-run, so we can blow this team up and start over and/or tweak this team to bring it to championship caliber (whichever it takes).

Since Yao won't retire, and since Les won't cut him or deal him, our only hope is for a career-ending injury.

And let's face it, who loses if that were to happen? Yao already has tens of millions of dollars, millions more adoring fans, and a wife and child. He has everything. He doesn't have an NBA ring, but then, none of us has Angelina Jolie on speed-dial for nightly booty calls, either. He's never gonna get a ring, so let him just be done for, finally, and let us all (including him) live our lives in peace.

It would be wonderful if he just had a Joe Theismann-style leg snap on national TV, publicly and irrevocably putting an end to his career. Ron Artest could even play the part of Lawrence Taylor, putting his hands to his head in horror, gasping, and calling for the med team to come to the court right away.

[For those of you too young to get the reference - and I wonder how any of you watch Family Guy and get the jokes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH8SZOqc6Pk]

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Disgusting viewpoint.

DD

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I can not root for the guy to get hurt. I hope the Rox come to their senses without him having to go down like that.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

6. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

If I weren't a better person, I'd hope YOU suffer a career ending injury, jerkwad.

7. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

Turrible knucklehead.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Okay, now THIS is being negative.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wow, just when I thought the GARM can't get any lower with some of these threads I'm proven wrong....

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

11. everyday eddie

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

funny thread because the thread starter is 100% serious. i agree with DD, such a disgusting view. but I guess when the team is 1-6, people resort to that type of thinking.

13. rox81

rox81 Member

Wow, I didn't realize everyone would rather continue with our present, lame situation. (Get it? Lame, as in crippled, physically unfit, etc. I have my moments.)

I'd rather we just get it over with. Why delay the inevitable when the future could be so much brighter?

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I HOPE YAO SFFERS A LIFE-ENDING INJURY SO HE WON'T EVEN HAVE THE POSSIBLITY OF COMING BACK!

OMG I LIKE HIM AND ALL BUT IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON WITH A NON-ASIAN PLAYER!!!

WHO IS WITH ME?!

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

rox81,

You're an idiot.

16. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I think you could have phrased it much better. No one wants someone's career to be over.

IF Yao is going to have a big injury that is going to put him down for the rest of the season, it would be better for the franchise if it came sooner than later. Then we could cut ties respectfully.

If he plays the majority of the year and then gets hurt in the playoffs or something, it is going to make our frachise make a tough decision.

Or he could just get well, play well, and dominate for years to come. (Best case Scenario)

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Only posting to one star this crap.

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Being unhappy with the current situation is completely different than hoping Yao suffers a career-ending injury. For all the shortcomings regarding his health, Yao has been nothing short of professional and loyal to this franchise. He deserves nothing but the best from fans.

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I think quite a few of us wish the Yao Ming, as the primary focus, era ends BUT NOT LIKE THAT. The front office isn't blind, if we continue to struggle then changes will come.

1 person likes this.
  20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i hope OP suffers a career ending posting injury

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.