1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to face in round 2, the Clippers or the Spurs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Apr 22, 2015.

?

Who do you want to face in round 2, the Clippers or the Spurs?

1. Clippers: Dwight Howard > DeAndre Jordan

43.5%
  2. Spurs: Dwight Howard > Aron Baynes

56.5%
  1. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Definitely, a match up with the Spurs would be (will be) a nightmare.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Spurs will force us to have to play more disciplined. If that happens we would beat them. Just hard to do... we have the potential to do it.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Rockets would be ok against the Spurs.

Playoff Dwight is a real thing.

the Rockets seemed to have figured things out and found themselves.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Def the Clipper

I'm afraid of the Spurs

5. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Spurs winning this poll is absurd.

1 person likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Why?

The Spurs are legends but they are beatable. The Rockets have played them tough all the way back to their peak years.

The Clippers have taken over as kings of the flop, and that's what I'm afraid of in the playoffs.

7. r00k13

r00k13 New Member

I thought we are playing Memphis? If spurs win, they will be 4th, Memphis will be 3rd, Rockets 2nd, Warriors 1st.

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

There's no re-seeding in the NBA. The winner of 1-8 plays the winner of 4-5, and the winner of 2-7 plays the winner of 3-6.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I'll answer when our series is OFFICIALLY over

hopefully tomorrow. :)

10. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

After losing 2 in a row against the spurs at the end of the season and watching them destroy the clips last night, I'm more worried about facing them than playing the clips in round 2.

Whoever we play, it's going to be a really tough series and the rockets are going to have to play close to perfect in order have a chance. Fortunately though, we have the MVP on our team.

11. Airdough

Airdough Member

The Spurs are too deep and can throw personnel groupings on the floor that we can't counter as they have three point guards that would start for us whereas the Clippers have one along with a weak bench. Clippers couldn't afford to do a hack a thon either.

I believe in the Rockets but the Spurs are legit and would take the Game 3 tape from tonight and dare us to outshoot them four games out of seven.

12. brooksstephens

After the first round EVERY team is a bad match-up for the Rockets. But that's not a reason to be scared.

Dwight Howard is a bad match-up for every single West team. James Harden is an impossible match up for anyone not named Tony Allen.

The Clippers might be the only team that could match up very well with the Dwight-Smoove combo. Maybe the Grizz, too, but I think it's unlikely we'd see them.

13. tmacfor35

Well, the Rockets have outshot them and moved the ball better through the first 3 games of the playoffs.

I think it was fools gold when we played the Spurs.

Dwight was heavy on the minute restriction and has apparently taken a step up in effort.

I say bring on the Spurs and see if they can keep up with you athletically.

Stop shooting so many threes and keep driving the lane at will.

1 person likes this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

All you guys arguing that you wanna play the clips bc the Spurs are too deep and have great coaching and blah blah- you need to just stfu already.

We play who we play. That's it. It's winning time right now.

We beat the Mavs,clips/Spurs, golden state and Cleveland or we go fishing.

That's it.

God speed rockets. God speed.

15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I want the Spurs.

Not because I want to avoid the Clippers. I want the Spurs because they are the best and the champs. If we beat them, thats a HUGE huge boost. If we lose? Not only do we lose to the champs and gain tons of experience and momentum for next year, but ... we can do that thing where we can also as fans say "well...we did lose to the defending NBA champs" and feel better about it, right?

ha.

Its I-10 rivalry. Its going the "going out" vs the "coming in"... and I just dont know if I could deal with the floppy Chris Paul and whiny Clippers. They're good, and I don't "fear" them like years past maybe, but cmon... Spurs.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Spurs. It's a good gauge of where the Rocket truly is at.

Plus, I happen to believe we match up better against the Spurs than against the Clippers.

17. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

This. I want to know where this team is at. And if we advance I don't want anyone saying it's because we didn't go through the best. If we lose I want to know where we need to improve the most AND THEN I can talk about who can/needs to be moved for who in the off season (i.e the Cyber/LMA thread).

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I want the Clippers but it looks like we will probably get the Spurs.

Clippers bench is a joke, especially with Jamal struggling to comeback from energy.

Howard right now is so much better than DeAndre Jordan. Griffin scares me but having Smoove and Jones should help.

We will have no answer for Paul but maybe Ariza can make things difficult for him Reddick is always a pain, too.

For the love of all that is good, please let Austin Rivers do whatever he wants when he is out there. Dude is lucky his dad is the coach because he wouldn't get any time otherwise.

Spurs are just too much of a well oiled machine. Leonard has taken the "step" and Pop in a 7 games series is dangerous. Spurs' depth can match our production wise. We do have an advantage with our athletic bigs but Clippers have that same advantage over the Spurs and they haven't been able to capitalize on it.

Our hope is that Parker is slowed by injury and Ginobili by age. Duncan be minimized by a new Howard and Harden turning into the Spurs-killer he has been known for.

19. tmacfor35

It really comes down to the Rockets performing as they are against Dallas right now.

The Spurs have some bad defensive players on their team as well.

The Rockets have apparently turned off their ISO mind set and it has made them a better team because of it.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think the last 2 games against SA were somewhat of a fluke. tim duncan played out of his mind and harden was in an end of season fatigue/funk. i doubt duncan plays that well in for 6-7games in round 2. parker is hurting. danny green is streaky. bellineli can't keep up with brewer. and dwight would be playing 35min/game this time. i would be concerned about leonard's postups which have been money, patty mills running our pg's off the court, and pop's gameplans including the hack-a-fouls. but i wouldn't be scared of them like against GS or CLE.