1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to face in round 2, the Clippers or the Spurs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Apr 22, 2015.

?

Who do you want to face in round 2, the Clippers or the Spurs?

1. Clippers: Dwight Howard > DeAndre Jordan

43.5%
  2. Spurs: Dwight Howard > Aron Baynes

56.5%
  1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yeah, he's either trolling here or there. Which is it, Stack?

ETA: I can't see someone being a fan of both teams. Does not compute.

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I am a die hard Rockets fan and can't stand any other team. I have held viewing parties for clutchfans and so much more. Ask any of the older guys and they can vouch for me, same goes with Clutch. Hell I even played on the Clutchfans YMCA basketball team lol

Yeah I posted on their forum, I was having discussions with them about the series. Never once did I say anything about being a Mavs fan. The thought of that just makes me throw up. Sometimes it's interesting to get other peoples prospectives rather than only hearing your own team side, as long as it's civil and not troll like.

All you have to do is look at my rep and the number of posts I have before thinking i'm a troll.

YallMean - Bottom line is that we have won our home games, that's it. I have been following this team since the 80's and I know so much can go wrong, so instead of jumping the gun I would rather be a bit more reserved before worrying about our 2nd round opponent.

2 people like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Spurs.

Harden play's awful against the Clips, JJ tears his ass up too.

Blake and Jordan would completely shut down the paint, Howard probably couldn't do much, Harden couldn't drive.

Paul would absolutely kill our PG rotation, so for these reasons i'm going to sadly say i'd rather have the spurs because at least we match up with them better.

4. frontline94

frontline94 Member

matchup wise, we'd do better against the a slightly more tired spurs team imo but really both will be hard in their own way

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

At this point, it looks like the Rockets will sweep and get some good rest while the Spurs and Clippers go toe to toe for 7 games.

Either way, hopefully we'll be well rested for round 2 while the Spurs/Clippers winner enters round 2 having endured a major fight.

6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

In this Clippers/Spurs series not only do expectit to go to 7 games I think we will see multiple OTs.

This is brutal for the Clippers who only have 5 really good players the Starters and Crawford will be fatigued going into the winner of Mavs/Rockets.

7. reliableman

reliableman Member

I want to face and beat the Spurs because they are reigning champs and for "Best team in TX" pride! Gotta win 2 more against the Ponies first!

8. baubo

baubo Member

Spurs.

I just think athleticism is still underrated in the game, and that the Clippers have more of that compared to the Spurs. I also would prefer the Spurs in the WCFs over the Clippers. A Clippers Warriors WCF would be one I have absolutely no rooting interest in.

9. Rox23

Rox23 Member

The Spurs would beat us. The Clippers...maybe not. So...Clippers.

10. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

We need to rest for the Spurs. This series is over. Should start Capella.

11. Rox23

Rox23 Member

The Spurs are a machine. Tonight, Parker was 0-6 for 1 point. They shot horribly from three, missing numerous wide open shots. Ginobili fouled out. Yet...they won on the road against a great Clippers team. Let's NOT have to face the Spurs...but we will probably have to.

12. Rox23

Rox23 Member

That was because we had Lin. Doh!

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who would you rather face in the NBA Finals? Hawks or Cavs?

1 person likes this.
  14. Airdough

Airdough Member

Can we win a series first? You have to close the loop. There should be a third option on the poll that says the next opponent doesn't matter until you beat the current one.

15. SemisolidSnake

Since we still need to win four total games against the Mavs, I'll in the magic word "hypothetically." I'll take the Clippers. I think Dwight with the way he's been playing can easily handle Jordan, and I relish in the idea of outlobbing Lob City. Paul is a Rocket-killer, but Tony Parker can do the same thing if you let him. Griffin, I think, is just not as polished as he could be; he looks confused as to what he's supposed to be doing out there: shooting, driving, posting, dunking, whatever. I think our guys have settled more into their roles, except for Harden, who I suspect will get there shortly. James is trying to figure where he fits in a situation where he's a defense magnet and the rest of his team is playing at a high level and deserving of as many looks as possible. He'll be fine of his teammates are there to help shoulder the burden as they have been these playoffs.

Gregg Popovich, on the other hand, is not a force to be trifled with, and I'd rather not face him. He may not win COTY every year, but he's always the best the coach in the league and easily top 5 all time. If the Clips can bully their way past the Spurs somehow, I think we can bully our way past the Clips.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You're crazy to want the Spurs.

Clippers have a horrible bench, lesser wing defense, and a weaker coach.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Either team is going to make it a helluva hard series. This is like choosing what you'd rather be stabbed with. As long as we get to face one or the other, at this point I don't think it matters which. You have to beat the best to be the best.

18. tnopham

tnopham Member

OP joined CF in 2008......:(

19. tnopham

tnopham Member

But seriously you guys need to stop with these threads and stop acting like we actually did something already.

20. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

Assuming we come out of this series, would we have home court advantage over the clips if we played them? I know that we're the 2 seed but we finished with the same record and i'm not sure who owns the tiebreaker.