1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want to draft?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JMAD21, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Houston_Rockets

(Speculative post)

I think this can happen because I think Byombo will be available at #14, and because nor Singleton, nor Harris, nor Hamilton will be available at #23, and we need a starting 2 way SF badly (and we have a logjam at the 4 spot).

#7 pick is our target, being Scola the main player involved without trading the #14 pick.

- I think it makes sense for Sac, because they need a starting stretching PF, they need veteran presence to handle instable youngsters like Cousins and Tyreke, and in my mind Scola still has, at least 4 more great years ahead of him.
    - If they demand a pick, they draft Reggie Jackson at #23, playing the off the ball stretching PG, with Tyreke handling the ball on O (don´t think Tyreke and Udrih fit well together)
    - And if I am correct, they would still have money to go after Thaddeus Young or Wilson Chandler to fill up the SF spot.

To draft what player???

<iframe width="300" height="249" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tEPvfg5j94Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was never to hight on Leonard, but if there is one thing that I learned to value more during the years, is the size of the hands, when it comes to be a better ball handler, finishing around the rim, just getting a better grip of the ball. This kid will be a good defender in the NBA, but on offense he has to improve a lot, but I think he has the upside to do so. But does he have the b-ball IQ plus the gym rat mentality to keep improving, those questions will be answered by DM come draft day.

Thabeet/Byombo (at 14th)
    Pat/Hayes/Hill
    Leonard/Bud
    Martin/Lee
    Lowry/TWill/Dragic

We get younger, more athletic and more defense/offense balanced (of course there is the possibility that the Wiz draft him, if Toronto drafts Vesely, which they should not, they need to draft a winner in Kemba Walker, and trade Calderon immediately)

I think Byombo is a lock at #14, because he will keep falling in team mock drafts, apparently there is a campaign against this kid, talking about how tall he is like he rebounds and blocks shots with is head, and talking about his age, when there is no proof that he is 50 years old like Greg Olden.

[​IMG]

PeAcE

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I like your idea a lot, except for one thing. Biyombo will not make it to 14.

3. valorita

valorita Member

4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Saw this the other day. :eek:

<iframe width="640" height="520" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1smyOfRXIxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't know much about Goudelock, but his range is pretty crazy.
    We have him scheduled for a workout later this month. I guess we may give him a look at #38.

Also from Chad Ford:

Jonathan Givony says that Leon Rose did NOT hire an lawyer, in fact it was Rytas (Valancunias' team) that hired a lawyer.
    I'd welcome him with open arms at #14. :)

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Not that this guy is known as a talent evaluator or anything, but:

via @ShamSports (twitter.com/shamsports)

6. Muaz

Muaz Member

I'm really high Vucevic as well i know drafting him at #14 would be a reach, but I'd still do it. He plays like a typical European more emphasis on finesse, but I think that the Mehmet Okur comparisons to him are just spot on. He really has a good mix of size, shooting, and skill. I think he could become a better shot blocker than Okur. He even has the same weaknesses as Okur- his limited athleticism.

7. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

9. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Givony is a hack.

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

And yet you didn't answer the question.

11. guoxiangsu

guoxiangsu Member

biyombo always,we need him defense in the paint area

12. HMMMHMM

Motiejunas workout with 'commentary' from Daryl Morey, Jonathan Givony (DX) and Masai Ujiri (Nuggets GM):

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F0JdLMTqgao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  13. Houston_Rockets

Loved that line: "That is all part of the plan" just because it was Morey who said it :grin:

Those workouts were unfair for both Byombo and Motiejunas, we only saw the holes they have, probably hurt Motiejunas more, because Byombo will be our #14 pick :cool::p

PeAcE

14. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

who is that next to gerson rosas at min 2:51 is that sam hinkie? if so i wonder if he is the one interested in an offensive europlayer.

15. HMMMHMM

That's former Rockets exec and assistant GM of the Spurs Dennis Lindsey if I'm not mistaken.

16. anchel

anchel Member

1 person likes this.
  17. HMMMHMM

I'd definitely take Burks over Klay Thompson. Wouldn't think one second about it.

Hell, I'd take Tobias Harris and Jordan Hamilton over Klay Thompson.

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Fredette going 7th? He must have absolutely killed in that Sacramento workout. Either that or Jason Terry brought sweet-shooting combo guards back to center stage.

19. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

:eek: Nikola Vucevic went from a 2nd rounder to 21 wow!

20. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

This could explain the reason behind the bad workout Motiejunas had.