1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you want as our starting point guard now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Jul 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I voted for Brooks. The reason I voted for Brooks is because if he can beat out James, Francis and Alston for the starting spot, he's going to be good as hell. :D

2. krockets

krockets Member

I want our future starting point guard to do the followings, whoever does it better, he could be our starter:

1) Remember our super stars are Yao/Tmac, anyone else is just 2nd tier
    2) Only shoot when they have a good chance of making it, otherwise, pass the damn ball
    3) Shoot and penertrate effeciently
    4) High Assist/Turnover ratio
    5) Play some defense

3. rnbni99a

rnbni99a Member

voted steve...but i wouldnt mind mj

4. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I will assume that Rafer will be gone. I want Francis to be the starter, because I think he can a pure point better than James, and i think in termas of instant offense off the bench, mike james can come in and light it up and score points, whereas Francis i think will be more of a balanced guard, which is what i want in a starter. Francis should start, but Mike James is gonna be huge for this team.

5. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

A case could be made for James because with t-mac yao and the rest of the starters on the court you want that outside shooting. when tmac or yao is out you want someone to penetrate more, like Steve.

6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I voted for Rafer starting at the 1. Steve starting at the 2 and Mike coming off the bench.

...But I don't know because that would mean Shane coming off the bench too and I think we will need his defense on the first team.

In other words, I voted for Rafer but I really don't know.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

that's how i'm thinking.

8. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i guarantee brooks will be getting some huge minutes this year

9. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

With James and Francis ahead of Brooks, he'll be lucky to get 10 min a game if that.

10. Ashes

Ashes Member

I voted Francis because he reminds me of T-Mac when he first came to Houston. He truly seems to be all about winning now and I think he'd gladly defer to Yao/Tracy. It just seems like the team is going to have awesome chemistry, the only wild card being Mike James, but he should be happy with the primary backup role. Imagine if we dealt Alston for Haslem.

Yao
    Haslem
    Battier
    McGrady
    Francis

With James, Wells, Brooks, Scola, Snyder, and Head off the bench? That is one sick team.

11. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

only one will be ahead of brooks. james or francis will play the 2. plus adelman LOVES brooks he will defintely play him.

12. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Agreed. And I really do think Adelman will play him as an instant offense 2-guard.

Of our roster how it stands, the only legit, traditional PG we have is Rafer. I think we have to have at the very least one, and more likely, two. So if Rafer's gone, some pure point would have to be brought in.

I always thought Travis Diener would be a nice fit here; someone in that mold is who I'd like us to pursue.

13. Bald Puppet

Bald Puppet Member

I vote Francis at the point. T-Mac at the 2, Battier at the 3, Scola at 4, and of course Ming at center.