1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who do you think will win the 2012 Presidential Election?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ArtV, Oct 26, 2011.

Tags:
?

Who do you think will win the 2012 Presidential Election?

Poll closed Nov 9, 2011.
  1. Mitt Romney

16 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. Rick Perry

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. Herman Cain

6 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Ron Paul

10 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. Barack Obama

110 vote(s)
    74.3%
  6. Other

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. esteban

esteban Member

Your man child Barry will win by a landslide so all you guys can just stay home, chill in front of your tv on election night, no need to VOTE.

Repeat: BARRY GOT THIS IN THE BAG, STAY HOME, DON'T VOTE!

1 person likes this.
  2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So, that's the republican strategy next year?

[​IMG]

3. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Being a Texan I can go fishing.

If I were Barry I would assume the win and be out on the back of train trying to get some Congressmen.

4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Okay

Who hacked the poll?

:)

5. mc mark

Well, that and hoping the economy tanks!

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

FIFY.

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I think I'm missing something here, but I had thought Paultards had things better to do than to spam a poll on Clutchfans.

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

The net effect of Ron Paul not winning the GOP nomination (because they view him as too fringe, amusingly) will be that he runs on the libertarian ticket and steals a large chunk of votes from the GOP.

As a result, Obama will win re-election.

The only hope the GOP has, really, is to nominate Ron Paul, but their base is too stupid to do so (and to stop and listen to what Paul says). Despite folks saying Paul isn't electable, he's actually the most electable of the GOP candidates because of what he'll do if he loses the nomination. The GOP has crazied themselves into quite the pickle.

Edit:

Don't construe this as support for either Obama or Paul. I think they're both awful candidates. There are better out there. Hell, I'd vote for Elizabeth Warren if she ran (but she can't due to incumbent Obama).

My opinion on Paul is that he'd be OK as president; he could do the stuff I agree with such as removing ourselves from the Middle East entirely and closing a lot of satellite bases around the world, but he could not due the crazier stuff like ending the EPA because it'd never get through the Congress/Senate. Ideally, Paul as president with the Democratic majority in Congress would be best.

My opinion on Obama can be summed up in this picture:

[​IMG]

#48 Depressio, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Between the election and the inaugural I tried to console our friends across the aisle that the American system was set up precisely so that nothing radical can happen. And nothing has, though they still kick and scream. Even a Ron Paul election wouldn't change that fact. You wouldn't see a return to a gold standard.

10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you forget- there's no Hope running this year.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Paul potentially nuking a Republican by running as a lib candidate does not make him an electable Republican candidate. He is completely unelectable, both as the Republican nominee and (even more so) as the Lib nominee.

Ron Paul will not be president of the United States. He is not electable. Him running as a 3rd party might stop the Republicans from winning the WH (might) but they still have a better chance with Romney as the nominee and Paul as a 3rd party than they do with Paul as the nominee.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL

Cain is barely running a campaign in the primaries. You think he is really serious about running as a 3rd party candidate?

Come on man.

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

It appears some folks do not understand how the machinery of government bureaucratic administration works if they can not discern a difference between Dems and Repubs.

Who a president appoints to administer a program makes a huge difference in the administrative "direction" and control of the organization; rules writing, policy interpretation, enforcement, or lack thereof, can have profound effects on the day to day delivery of "government" services.

Anyone remember Bush's appointments to head our civil rights enforcement or FEMA?

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

As I have done in the last two presidential elections, I will hold out hope for an upset by my write-in candidate:

[​IMG]

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

That kind of threw me for a loop since I was expecting this guy:

[​IMG]

Then I realized he's not a US citizen.

16. mc mark

What about next year?

17. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Too bad, who wouldn't vote for a patriot like this?

[​IMG]

18. surrender

surrender Member

The answer is Hitler. Because is Obama is literally Hitler. LITERALLY.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The Republicans are amazing this year. Truly fascinating. One could make a very strong argument against any of the candidates winning the nomination but would be hard-pressed to make an argument for one of the candidates winning the nomination. Yet, barring an unforeseen late entry (and who could that be?), one of them will be the Republican Nominee for President of the United States. I recognize everyone thinks the default will end up as Romney, but picking a severely flawed candidate because he's not as crazy as the others doesn't seem like a winning strategy.

Obama has led a charmed life in the opponents he's faced. His only tough race was against HRC and this one is shaping up very favorably for him.

Edit: When I said Obama I really meant Hitler.

20. what

what Member

The sad fact of the matter is that until we replace a congress or a president, or both, nothing is going to get done to help us in the middle class, lower class.

The Republicans are too busy trying to make obama look like a fool, at any cost. They have no regard whatsoever about the economy - let it burn - or anything else and their only function in washington is to affect gridlock.

We are the laughingstock of the world in our politics. And it is clear that the repblicans will never, in no circumstance, will they ever, work with any democratic president.

I don't even see how Clinton did as much as he did. Probably because he was the greatest political figure of our time.