1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you think the Rockets should try trading for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by McGradySNKT, Jul 2, 2006.

Tags:
  1. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Ok i dont know where i messed up but i apologize if i did! What was it M-cable!

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

12 is not equal to 20. ;)

3. htownbball

htownbball Member

yea, and how many games did the raptors win? mike james is not fit to run the point full time. with guys like tmac and yao, the last thing we need is a pointguard who is a pass second type guard. do i want mike james? yea, but he's not the answer at the backup PG position. he is a sparkplug off the bench and an offensive weapon, and that's how he will/should be used. and i could post a million times, but that doesnt mean i have a clue. number of posts doesnt mean jack.

4. University Blue

Matt Carroll - I'm partial to ND players because (of the ones in the league), they're fundamentally sound and reliable. Matt has good size and range for a SG.

Kirk Hinrich - He's a competitor, has good size for the PG position, and played well this past offseason.

Jeff Foster - Jeff is Chris Andersen, w/o the issues.

Marco Jaric - Like Phil Jackson, I like PGs w/ size.

Chris Kaman - Maurice Evans must know something we do not.

Nenad Krstic - I consider Krstic an underrated PF; he has nice athleticism and composure.

Chris Mihm - Speaking of athleticism and composure, Mihm is the type of PF that would play well alongside YM -- midrange jumper, rebounds, and blocks shots.

Troy Murphy - No explanation necessary.

Sergio Rodriquez - [See Williams, Jason.]

Jason Williams -- No explanation necessary.

5. Vince86

Vince86 Member

How about latrell sprewell, i think he is a free agent, (but can the rockets afford his high priced vet salary?) he is a explosive SG, but he is old. I think he can start for us at the 2 spot and maybe give some points and energy to the rockets.

6. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

JR Smith
    Stephen Jackson
    Carlos Delfino

All of these players could be obtainable

7. pandazn

pandazn Member

Spreewell would take it as an insult for him to be coming off the bench.

8. Vince86

Vince86 Member

Why not start him then and put battier at pf?

9. pandazn

pandazn Member

Battier's too small to play PF, but not quick enough to play SG, which would mean he'd have to play SF. But that's not a great option either since it's not wise to play Tmac at SG chasing around quicker 2's around the league. Not good for his back.

10. W Texas Rocket

s swift, we could probably get him for battier and next years #1
    :confused:

lol

11. Slick Rick

Slick Rick Member

Can we PLEASE stop the call for Darius Miles. He has a horrible contract!!! I would love to have Wilcox, but the Sonics are offering 6 years - 42 Million. His agent wants a contract comparable tp Dalembert.

12. htownbball

htownbball Member

yes! finally someone with some common sense. dmiles is not only a crappy basketball player, but his contract would be kicking us while we're still down from the rudy trade.

13. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

But dude do you here yourself you are saying that a guy who does everything shoot pass defend can not play time at the point we have rafer to kick the ball around! And if you think that after we sign james we are going to add a another expensive pg then you dont know what you are talking about! Van Gundy will give the reins to mj and let it ride!

14. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

Sorry i cant edit but the raps were so bad because they had bad players and worse depth! you cant even put a little of that on Mj!

15. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Before you name names, think about the Rockets assets.

The Rockets have none.

This means only bottom of the barrel players for the Rockets. Chris Wilcox? No chance in Hell. Kirk Hinrich?!?!?!?!?! If you want to trade T-Mac, maybe.

Melvin Ely was a good name. He at least has some decent low post skills. The Rockets are too offensively challenged to go after Reggie Evans.

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At this point,
    Mike James
    Corey Maggette
    A grade A 4 that rebounds and plays D.
    ...Maggette is probably a pipe dream,but we'll see.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Can Ely improve our rebounding and post defense? If yes,then the Rockets should try and go after him.

18. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

I agree with you completely!