1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who do you dislike more?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bamtonio, Mar 31, 2009.

?

Who do you dislike more?

1. Chris Paul

144 vote(s)
    59.8%
  2. Deron Williams

97 vote(s)
    40.2%
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

For non-Rockets, I don't let the team affect how I feel about a player. I like Deron Williams a lot even though he plays for the Jazz. Chris Paul is very talented but I strongly dislike him.

2. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

The only player that I don't hate on the j*zz is D. Will.

CP3 is dirty.

3. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

keyword: MORE, knowing that most of us rockets fans don't like either

4. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I have to echo the sentiments of many others. It pains me to respect a Jazz player, but Deron Williams embodies how the point guard position should be played. He scores when necessary. He gets his team involved. And he stays on his damned feet when someone breathes on him.

I have a lot of respect for Chris Paul's talent. Don't get me wrong; he's an incredibly gifted player. But in my book... Non-flopping Jazz player > Flopper.

But just by a little.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Paul has cheap-shotted an opponent in the nuts at least twice, and I can't respect that kind of play.

Deron Williams, plays the game about as straight up as you can ask for in today's league, especially considering who he plays for.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I abstain. I have no problem with either.

7. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I have said in numerous other threads, but respectwise DWill is head and shoulders above CPFlop.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Chris Paul seems like a really cool person off the court.

On the floor, he'll do anything to get an edge over his opponent. Some may call it dirty, others may call it ultra-competitiveness.

9. ibm

ibm Member

cp3 has zero respect from me. nada.

dwill has some respect from me. if he doesn't play for the jazz, i'd have a little more respect for him. (doesn't make sense, i know.)

btw, the only jazz that has won a ton of respect from me is john stockton, one of the all time great pg's.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I call it cheating and wouldn't want my kids emulating him.

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

It puzzles me how some people can so easily turn a blind eye to cheating and dirty play as long as it's by a great player and it helps his team win. It's a ridiculous double standard to me.

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I think Paul exhibits the same will to win that DWade does. But he crosses that line from determination and desire into dirty and cheap. Drive recklessly into the lane and try to make a play, sure thats a good thing. But contorting your body and spasming while throwing up a really bad shot and hoping for the ref to bail you out isnt what its all about.

13. Chamillionaire

DWILL, he plays for the jazz and basically owns us everytime we play them.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

What Wade does is a little different. He doesn't fall down on purpose to get a call. He just gets superstar calls because he is aggressive. Paul cheats because he will fall down for no reason and expect a call.

15. blink

blink Contributing Member

cp3 and its not even close. even though dwill plays for the jazz, i still respect him as a player. he just goes out and does what he needs to do, no frills.

cp3 is a punk, plain and simple.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Love Paul's game. I'd also love to give him one good punch right in the face. He is like a spoiled kid that cries to his mom too much.

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Isn't it ironic that the only j*zz player I can stand has a tatoo of Texas on his arm.
    [​IMG]

18. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

As much as I hate the Jazz, I can't lie -- I like Deron Williams. Like someone said, he plays the game the way it should be played. He's the type of player that commands respect. Doesn't flop, doesn't whine, doesn't play dirty, doesn't have a Napoleon complex like Paul does.

19. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

wow..alot of dwill fans here..you guys disgust me. I dont care if its hakeem, clyde, rudy, calvin, bullard, bill worrell, etc were to somehow be on the jazz or working for the jazz..i would immediately begin to hate them.

Ban all these jazz fan boys. :mad:

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Chris Paul by a mile. Even if Deron is on the Jazz, he still plays like a man and doesn't flop at every chance he gets.

Deron also plays without the refs; CP3 seems to complain on every call. Deron lets his game do the complaining haha.