1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do we get now?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by NIKEstrad, Apr 12, 2000.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As the Rockets have won, and teams around us are tanking (hah, jokes on them, enjoy your weak draft [​IMG]) Our whole draft position has changed. I've decided to list some possible candidates for our pick (assuming we don't get the good luck, and end up with the #11 pick.)

#1. Mike Miller-Could he drop to here if he comes out? Who knows....
    #2. Darius Miles (or Gerald Wallace)-Said he'll come out if he's in the lottery, and we are in the lottery.
    #3. Olumide Oyededji-The environment for him here is good, with Dream back for one more year, he'd be a good student. Still REALLY young (18 or 19), and is a true PF. He also is quite tenacious, and perhaps could spark the one who would be his front court friend, Cato? With two guys fierce down low, 1 who boards, and 1 who blocks shots, we'd have a nice frontcourt, to go along with a SA, CM, SF trio. I'm liking that... As a side note, I hope the Rockets ask Hakeem to come back as an assistant and/or big man coach.
    #4. Jerome Moiso-Athletic PF. Would be a good fit if he comes out.
    #5. Chris Porter-A stretch at this pick. Has a questionable shot and isn't big enough to play PF. Athletic though, and might not be a bad PF when we go small (like when we go into 4 guard lineups)
    #6. Quentin Richardson-Stock is dropping. He plays like a PF but doesn't have the size. SF/SG swingman, and maybe can develop his shot?
    #7. Joel Pryzbilla-His stock is rising with the shortage of centers. Has "ERIC MONTROSS" written all over him however, IMO.

Well, that's about all I can think of. Mo Pete will probably be a top 10, so I'd rule him out. Other choices:Iakovo Tsakalidis (7'2'' foreign center), and Keyon Dooling (imagine him and SF in a backcourt. I'd only think about him if Mobley left).

Any additions?

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Erick Barkley is a possibility if left if the rockets draft for best available.

Centers are worthless at this time. If they were good they would be gine by now.

PFs Fizer, Martin will be gone. swift won't come out

SFs Mo Pete will be gone. Dermarr, Miles, Porter will be left. I don't like Dermarr, haven't seen Miles, and Porter looks like a tweener.

The rockets may consider trading pick away in a sign and trade to bring in a big body.

------------------
    Moochie hear no evil Moochie speak no evil
    Moochie see no evil

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not totally true about PFs. Oyededji and Moiso have a lot of promise.

On Erick Barkley, I'd rather draft Dooling than him, if it came down to that. We have Francis, and we'd draft a PG to move Francis to the 2. Dooling is a little taller than Barkley though, and we seem to be getting pretty small.....Not good when facing teams with Garnett and a 7'0''er on their front line.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!