1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who can the Rockets target?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mav-Hater, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

I have read a lot of post's bashing Morey for not getting us a "Star" or for not getting Melo. Unless I missed something, what other "Stars" are available? Other than Melo, whom we never had a shot at, who else is out there being shopped we can call a star. Everyone keeps sporting wood for Chris Paul. The Hornets are actively shopping to upgrade and will never trade him within the division. And unless I missed something, Paul is not on the market to be had. Unless DM pulls a rabbit out of his As$, and it would have to be a huge jungle jack rabbit at that, there doesn't seem to be a star out there to be had.

Thanks. I'll hang up and listen :grin:

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There are none. Rockets need to trade for potential stars not current ones.

1 person likes this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

or picks, that's the state of our beloved franchise.

Now I'm off to get a cheese burger and a little afternoon delight, beeewwhiiipp.

4. Mav-Hater

Sad times in Rocket Land :(

1 person likes this.
  5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

CP3 and Melo didnt have enough upside for Morey....He wants players with "upside" better known as assets (Randolph, T-Will)...That way we can trade them and the picks(assets) for great one-on-one players who havent won a thing aka Francis/McGrady.....Its the Morey Way!!!!

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Really hope this is sarcasm or...something.

7. Mav-Hater

It must be

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

very much so..because Im sick of folks talkin about upside , upside, upside..........just ventin.........carry on mane

9. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Post's? Really?

10. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

We can't get a star unless we have one already established. Only reason Houston was in the mix at all was because Carmelo wanted to play alongside Yao. He saw what the Rockets did with just Yao, add a superstar to that mix an you got yourself a contender but Yao will never be that again and the Rockets will have to rebuild.

On another note, is it me or are the Timberwolves annoying as ****! Stop helping these teams get better you idiot!

11. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Schobel wanted to play for us and we ignored him until he got fat and out of shape!

13. Mav-Hater

He is a little slow afoot but I bet he could clear some space in the paint and sack the other teams point guard :grin:

14. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

Kevin Martin

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Please if Morey would have gave Pheonix Scola for Amare do you think that would have increased or decreased our chance at aquiring Melo? You answer that ****! Great GM eh...

16. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

The real question is who is going to be our coach next year? I guarantee you Adelman will not want to be part of rebuilding the Rockets.

17. mazinger

mazinger Member

Amare would not have resigned with the Rocekts.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The object of the GM game is to get one superstar to lure in another and have a great team. If that's the case then if we are worried about someone resigning the next year then why was the great GM going so hard after Melo? He thought he could convince Melo to resign but Amare he couldn't right?

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Weird logic here

First of all, Let's just say we went after Amare, we wouldn't have agreed to a trade without an extension, same is the case with Melo.

Second of all, to answer your previous quote, how can you lure Melo in when you don't even have Amare under contract this year, makes no sense. Plus I doubt we will have the pieces to even have nuggets consider a trade after getting Amare.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Our chances would've been exactly the same. Melo wanted to play for the Knicks. He would never have gone anywhere else. End of story.