1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who can Terrence defend effectively in this Warriors series?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, May 20, 2015.

Tags:
?

Who can Terrence defend effectively in this Warriors series?

1. Steph

7 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. Klay

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  3. Draymond

23 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. Bogut

8 vote(s)
    6.6%
  5. Nobody

41 vote(s)
    33.9%
  6. Barnes

8 vote(s)
    6.6%
  7. Iggy

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. Livingston

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  9. Ezeli

14 vote(s)
    11.6%
  10. Other

14 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

J.R. The sad thing is, if we make it to the finals, he will be posting this same stuff all over again.

I don't know what Jones has did to this man. I just hope one day he could forgive him.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

For real. Terry's and Smith's lapses killed us more in Game 1. Especially Terry giving up open Curry threes.

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

I think I get it now. bballholic was the homeless dude in Portland that TJones kicked around

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think he can make sure basketballholic is held to zero points

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

are we talking about him not helping off, like one on one? Jones is 2" taller and probably has the longer wingspan (unless Green has like KD wingspin). He's also quicker/more athletic IMO but to be honest, I do not watch enough Warriors tape to tell you if that is fact.

I think he's got the length/strength/quickness to guard Draymond both on the perimeter (perry meter) as well as on the block. I base this off of the years I have watched Jones play for us. He also needs to focus and not play off his man as much for the perimeter portion of that. I believe the help portion on his defense is probably what needs help since he'll get caught cheating off his man in which point anyone in that position will have poorer defensive stats for efficiency and usage.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He can lock down Steve Curry given a chance.

7. SemisolidSnake

Other: The Bench. Keep it nice and clean in case any Warriors fans spill their beer on it. Even if we find the perfect person for him to defend, he'll still be an offensive liability on the next possession.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

His defense sucks ass but I thought he played a decent game tbh

9. basketballholic

1. That was the Clippers. Not the Warriors.

2. Jones got 'em going so well that McHale subbed in Smith for him and Smith went 3 for 4 from downtown scored 14 points in the 4th. It is foolish to believe Jones would have or could have done that. Jones won't fire up the 3. Jones just happened to be on the floor when the run started. He did not start it. And his 4-6 minute run there only produced +2.

If you think that run wild have continued with Jones in there and Smith on the bench then you either haven't watched Terrence enough or you are blind to his deficiencies.

Terrence was -2 in his 3rd quarter stint.

http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20150514&game=HOULAC

#29 basketballholic, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  10. basketballholic

Hehehe

11. dmoneybangbang

Yawn....

12. malakas

malakas Member

I want to see some more of this matchup..but I have serious doubts. No you are wrong about strength not sure about quickness. But serious Green is much stronger than Jones. Only Zbo gave him trouble. He has to be one of the most strong pfs in the league.

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Tjones after 2 or 3 years still gets lost on defensive rotations and plays so close to the floor you think he was a 36 yr old Shaq. He's scared to death of contact, but he has those breakout moments where you say he's a killer and then he goes back to being soft as tissue paper

14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

This is what I see too.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Everybody was getting lost on rotation when Dwight went down and when he couldn't play anymore in the 2nd half.

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I may be, again I haven't paid much attention to Green or the Warriors.

17. basketballholic

Only reason anybody would want to see any more of Draymond vs. Jones is because they are a Warriors fan.

18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I voted Iggy, though I'm not sure why. He could defend Iggy or Barnes but the match ups would not make sense with Ariza or Brewer guarding the 2. I'm okay with anyone allowing Green a certain amount of outside space. He will probably be on Festus and Bogut for some of game 2. Jones has just been weak all playoffs long. I'd like to see a compilation of his missed put-backs.

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Terrence Jones can lock-down TJ.

T_Man

20. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Circling the drain? We are one game into the WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS. One game, one game where I thought we played very well, but ultimately made a few too many mistakes.

I actually agree with you sometimes, I am not sure what to think of Terrence. He is unbelievably inconsistent. But this thread was unnecessary and you knew that posting it would lead to another large annoying thread that lasts too long because people wont stop arguing with you. C'mon man.