1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Who are you and what did you do with Joey Dorsey?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

#DorseysGameMatters

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Seriously? So the retort to his asinine comments is going to be to mock the Mike Brown / Eric Garner protests? Like, by more than one of you. I can't even. Ugh.

3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Dude did Parsons highjack your account? I was enjoying the posts untill 2 pages of this crap. Block

4. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

Yeah Rich comment was definitely out of line. But Zro &Trae lol(talk about dickriding!),brings the worst out in people.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The guy was completely out of line & landed on my ignore list a long time ago. But to sit on your high horse and lecture about race baiting and then turn around and do exactly the same thing as a way of getting one last jab in? Nah. And that #DorseysGameMatters just mocks the #BlackLivesMatter hashtag so many are using from a genuine place via social media. Anything for a giggle though, I guess. :rolleyes:

6. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

You gotta just let it roll off your back Klutch:) anyone can say anything behind keyboards with no repercussions. That's why I stick to just Rocket talk when I'm in the forum unless I'm directly called out on something.

7. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

You know what? You're right. For whatever it's worth, I'll own up to my insensitivity. I apologize. Sincerely.

8. Ghost_of_Akeem

Half of these posts need to be moved to off-topic.

Anyway, Dorsey is the main reason we won the game against Memphis, his play lit a fire under the team and you could tell that the players were all riding high after that first fast break slam. Not sure that Memphis was prepared for a Dorsey coming out party, I kinda feel like it was a sneak attack.

I just hope he can continue to play at that level, but I have my doubts.

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Good. He's built like a brick ****house, mobile and can be a factor for us. Kudos to him for trying to play through it.

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

DMO has been on the roster 3 years and for most of it he got on the floor sparingly. The guy's game is flourishing now because of the amount of hard work he has put in. The players and coaches always make a point to highlight that and because of the downs and the hard work that is so many of us are happy for him.

This rhetoric that everyone on the message board loves Dmo even when he sucks shows me you don't even read the board because most of the DMO talk is how poor he is and how he has regressed. You even said when DMo sucks again everyone will make excuses...no, if he sucks again those who don't like him will show up and start trashing him again. Your perception is NOT ACCURATE.

Dorsey has had 4-5 good MOMENTS this season and that is about it. Yeah people have said they want him waived...this board is at least 60% morons who are reactionary. DOrsey shows in a previous run he can have highlight moments are 1 good game. He needs to PROVE he can be more consistent. Just like Dmo he will play sparingly but if he keeps getting better and gains trust like Dmo had to, then he may be a long term part of the rotation.

The fact you ignore all that then try to make it a race issue is ****ing crazy.

The only pro I can give you is the fact you were able to admit you were wrong on DMO and impatient with his development.

Understand, there is a variety of stupid on the message board and every players has been unjustly attacked at some stage. It is a main reason I don't post so much, the craziness drives me nuts.

1 person likes this.
  11. Progs

Progs Member

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

haha You just learn to filter out the good from the bad.

When the team is playing bad, the fans attack the players. When the team is playing well, the fans attack each other???

Anyway the team is playing well. Ain't no forum fights going to spoil my mood, I'm just gonna laugh at them.

13. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Exactly. As someone that goes to nearly every Rockets home game, Dorsey looked terrible during his minutes, but my god, he was literally the 4th man in the big man rotation. Why he garnered so much hate is beyond me, especially when he was barely signed and assumed to me a marginal player. Now he has a good night, tons of so called "fans" are in here looking all remorseful.

I hope you clowns realize the stupidity of jumping to outrageous conclusions with limited information. Especially when D-Mo ****ed up so much this season and only recently looks like he's finally becoming a legit player.

14. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

True true.

They don't here you though.

15. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Was this really necessary?

I'm sure you're the same guy that will act "shocked" when called out for being a racist.

:rolleyes:

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

This thread became nothing of Mr. Dorsey's performance the other night against Memphis.

The guy played like a man-child...like he did back in his collage days.

Keep up the good work Joey!

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

This isn't Dorsey's first time here, so there might be some spill over animosity from his first unsuccessful stint. There was the famous self-given "Ray Lewis with a basketball" comparison. He became a fan favorite, was supposed to be an NBA-ready pick, but then was sent to the D-League where he was more interested in partying in Mexico than playing basketball.

Years later, we re-sign him to a two year deal. Completely unexpected. Then he plays terribly in preseason and we let Adrien, who played incredibly well, go because Dorsey had a guaranteed contract. Now that he's finally played well, the fans are getting behind him. Fans usually don't endear themselves to scrubs, even veteran minimum ones. How much love did Cassipi get last year?

18. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry, guys... just entered this thread and realized my comment yesterday has offended many. Reading it again I can definitely see how it could offend, and it's definitely NOT what I intended to say at all.

Here's what I posted yesterday:
    "But first make sure you don't miss CNN's next segment on protests."

Here's what I meant:
    "But first make sure you don't miss CNN's next segment on real protests."​

There is LEGIT racism out there, and REAL injustice. For someone to come in here spewing baseless racism allegations towards this community is just irresponsible and takes away from REAL racism affecting us.

I'm sorry that I wasn't more specific, but I hope this clarifies what I meant.

1 person likes this.
  19. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

This is all you can really say about Dorsey. He had one great game. A fantastic spectacle no doubt, but still just one game. If he keeps it up, we have a legit chance at a championship with this team CURRENTLY constructed.

20. Chezzymann

Chezzymann Member

I clicked on this thread expecting a discussion on Dorsey and but instead its about the protests...?