1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are we missing around here?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by giddyup, Apr 3, 2003.

1. mfclark

mfclark Member

I hate to bring up an old thread....but thanks Manny.

I haven't been around for the past 8 months because, well, I got overwhelmed. I was focusing intensely on school work, which was my first strike. It's payed off in the end - I'm working on a full year of 4.0s and have an internship paying big bucks. Also, I've come to find out that all of my sports teams are cursed, which is strike two - I can't defend them all the time if they keep losing!

Finally, at that time, I simply couldn't get into a conversation without starting a debate, argument, or something else - I was too hard-headed, and I definately don't have the gusto for fighting, not at all. That's not something I'd want to bring around, and not something that a lot of people would, quite frankly, want around themselves, so I decided just to head away for awhile.

Awhile became 8 months, apparently, because when I logged in, it said I was last around in November. Probably just after FSU lost to Louisville last year, knowing my luck back then! ;)

But I always liked this place, this cc.net. And I think now, I'm going to take many hours and read through some of the old threads, see what's been going on around here. I promise - I won't dredge up any more old threads, but I'm gonna read 'em all.

And previewing this post, it doesn't even look like my signature needs updating....though I'll probably change it eventually.

See you all around...and hopefully, this time, it's to stay!

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I was actually thinking about mfclark today...I was trying to remember who the meterology student was.

Where's Sam Cassell?? :(

I would ask about BrianKagy again, but he'd rather change bedpans of syphillis patients than read another one of my posts...

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Rockets Pimp is MIA although I have talked to him a few times. Seems like he has been busy with work and ****.

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

mfclark,

It is good to see you back. We could use another intelligent non-Rockets fan here. I'm glad to hear that your internship is going well.

Hope to see more of your posts in the near future.:)

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

I miss

• RocketsPimp
    • JAG
    • Refman
    • Dimsie
    • Elvis
    • Rudy
    • The Cat
    • Screaming Jet
    • Cuttino getting all the hate and Steve having a teflon image and game
    • Texas

and mostly
    • Achebe and
    • HeyPartner

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I miss B-Bob. Also, Grizzled and mrpaige seem to have slowed down a bit.

What happened to LeGrouper? Haven't seen him in ages.

VOR is still around, most recently in the Hilton sisters thread. His posts stand out to me because I usually want to gouge my own eyes out after reading them. (just kidding...)

I'm starting to miss Manny a bit as well. He's really grown on me the past year.

Some 'older' posters I miss are SpaceCity, ChuckyBrownFanClub and tod the bod.

And of course, tybrave.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Woo...not only are we missing some posters, now this thread is also missing some posts it once had ;). Spooky... :cool:

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I miss squirrel a lot...

:(

9. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Fade - great call on the old timers in SpaceCity, ChuckyBrownFanClub and tod the bod.

and would love it, if VOR was around more and posting more

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Please send Dimsie and Elvis an e-mail that they are unbanned. I agree that it seems too many international people are banned.

I also miss Princess. It is nice to have a few young women on the bbs.

11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Does anybody know what ever happened to Holden? :(

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Seriously?? I can't believe that a bitter archrival would say this about me!:p ;)

Actually, I enjoy pretty much everyone here and fade, you are definitely one of the first tier posters here.

I just have been busy with work and other things, but more than that, there are times where there isn't much I can add to a thread, IMO.

However, this past Saturday, I posted like 20 or so times; sometimes, it is like that for me, but those days are very rare now. But I am not going anywhere; it is just that I have slowed my pace down.

That reminds me....has anyone else noticed that ZRB has really slowed his pace down?

13. Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack Contributing Member

I was wondering the same thing ...........?

I hope everything is ok.

14. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I gotta go with Achebe. I guess the bbs just got too heated for him. Hell, its nearly too heated for me. 9/11 screwed up so much, and even managed to screw up this small corner of the internet. 9/11 is the defining moment for when this beloved website took a turn for the worst. Its gotten better, but so many people are so polarized on so many issues that its hard to enjoy it like I did back in the old days.

The Smeggy World Tour really helped restore my faith in things. Everyone was so damn cool that it immediately made me wish that I posted more and went to more bbs outings and just got to know the people here better through the bbs, email, etc. I somehow managed to develop a good e-friendship with Manny and Treeman prior to the Tour, but the one disappointment out of it all is that I didn't get to meet Achebe. Funny how that disappointment grew from a passionate argument back in the ClutchCity.com days. So Smeggy, thanks for coming. Its only a small thing, but your coming to Texas helped restore my faith in something that I've truly enjoyed for many, many years.