1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are we missing around here?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by giddyup, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Exactly. At the rate he was going, he would have been a loser with almost 12000 posts in no time! :)

2. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

no one's noticed that LiTtLeY1521 hasn't been posting in a while now? AMAZING. yet i still miss the guy

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ugh, I know. I remember when I hit 5,000 last June. :eek:

What a loser I am.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Major hasn't been posting too much lately either.

I actually think he's sitting in his apartment, frozen in one place, scared that even the tiniest little movement will jar him back to the real world where UT isn't in the Final Four.

:D

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Thanks VS! You even used one of my favorite words in jabroni. *sniffle*

RM95 is partly right as I find myself a lot of times not interested in what is being posted in this forum, but other times I see things that interest me very much. With the war and other things going on in the world, I have found myself leaning more towards the former than the latter. I also have purposely not tried to keep up too much with the war because I find it so damn depressing (I will still read the threads so but there are so many others who state what I feel but a lot more eloquently).

And then there is the matter, that I have been given more and more increased job responsibilites meaning working 50+ hours a week and 2 MBA classes at night have kept me busy. But compared to last fall and even before then, I have slowed down from my frenetic pace of the past.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Where the hell is the The Cat? I think he sometimes posts in the Fantasy forum, but never seen him anywhere else. Is he still banned? Keep him banned in the NBA Dish forum (toooo much Spers lovin for my taste), but the guy was a good poster in the Rockets forum.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Cat is only allowed to post in the fantasy forum.

I do miss his hard headed arguments though. Watching him paint himself into a corner in argument after argument was funny.

Hey Cat !! Simms still sucks.

:)

DD

8. Band Geek Mobster

I think the void The Cat has left will be felt the most during playoff time when the refs start cheating...

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I hear the rumor every now and then about someone who got banned and i only spend a lot of time in The Hangout, so I don't know a lot about what goes on in some of the other places-- much less the chat events.

Jeff and MrsJB are two of the best posters and I just knew they weren't around as much. This got me to thinking about others that I used to read regularly and I have an impression that they just aren't around as much anymore.

I think MrsJB and I are not into the same threads. That explains that. Miss ya! You don't have to say it...

I'd love to see a list of the currently-banned posters.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I miss The Cat. The few times MoT has had good games made me think of him. (he would have been unbearable! ;) ) Once or twice I've thought Duncan Idaho was Nomar, but I'm sure I'm imagining things. (sorry, Idaho! :))

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You're not imagining things.

12. Timing

Timing Member

We definitely need to have The Cat back for Chris Simms' NFL debut. :) I haven't seen red or RC Cola around lately, both funny guys.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Glad to hear it! I have these flashbacks sometimes and get confused...

(j/k!)

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I am slow. Why was The Cat banned? Is it for that argument he had with Clutch?

15. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Only two people have ever thoroughly trashed Lord of the Rings (the movies) on this BBS: nomar and DuncanIdaho. Hmmmm. I wonder...

I miss Dr. Laura. She was freaking hilarious. The strangest thing though: she sounded a lot like B-Bob. :D

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I miss B-Bob:( He's taken a sabatical from the BBS.

I hardly read the Rockets forum anymore. Are old man rock and doc rock not posting as often?

17. mduke

mduke Member

Everyone remember Diseased Monkey?;)

18. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

The Rockets forum is pure chaos these days from all the pro-Yao, anti-Rockets "fans". Clutch is doing his best to keep it from turning into an ESPN chatroom....doing a good job of it, actually.

Popeye / Oilepere posted a month ago about Stevie finally "getting it", then -poof- no more.

19. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Kagy's been gone a long time. MadMax has been real quiet for a while (by his standards ;) ).

20. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I've been mostly in lurk mode though I must admit I don't usually bother to read the war-related threads. I've even been avoiding war-related news though it is almost impossible unless you have been living in a cave on Mars with your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears. :)

The board has developed a pretty harsh sensibility over the past year or so and that isn't a knock on the board itself because it is stil, IMO, the best place to talk about anything. I still love coming on here and talking about music or the Simpsons or relatively benign news, but it is just too tough to talk about controversial things. I COULD do it but I really don't want to get pissed off or piss off anyone. The world seems to have enough drama at the moment. The last thing I want to do is add to it.

By the way, I miss Mad Max. :)