1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are we missing around here?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by giddyup, Apr 3, 2003.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I have this growing sense of missing people on this board due in large part to Jeff's and MrsJB's moratorium, but I know that there have been some banishments and some driftaways.

MadMax and Refman must be working the Enron case. I miss Holden, too.

Other names/personalities...

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

BK has been AWOL for a while. I miss his rantings and bike injury reports. And LHutz has been sorely missed. Another MIA is SamCassell. I talked with him a good while ago and he said he was about to change jobs and had a lot on his plate. Hopefully one day he'll come back.

CK

3. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

What's this about Jeff/Mrs. JB?

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

haven, although he's still around, doesn't post enough.

5. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

What happened to ScreamingRocketJet? I haven't seen him in a while....

6. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Not sure, but I seem to remember him getting banned for something.

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I think they are just very busy. The moraorium is self-imposed.

8. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

I remember a guy in the Rocket's team forum(don't know if he posted in the hangout) that wrote pretty funny(very pathetic) posts.I think he was named GetDariusRice,something like that...
    I guess he was kicked out...
    I miss him...or did I miss the way he use to be bashed?...
    :D :D

ALA

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I believe SRJ was banned because of a huge argument that started in a thread about Cricket or Rugby or something.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

BrianKagy and SamCassell definitely.

I know of another one, but I won't say. :(

11. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I coulda sworn I just read a post from Mrs JB talking about how she only reads books about birdwatching, meditation, and classical music.

Which really wanted to make me post...

"Lee Harvey! You are a madman! When you stole that cow? And your friend tried to make it with the cow? I wanna party with you."

;) :D :)

All kidding aside, I do recall Balke saying that he didnt want to deal with war posts and war coverage and whatnot cause it was bringing him down....which I can totally relate with....

12. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

:confused:

I have been out of pocket for the better part of the last 3 weeks, did I miss something w/ Jeff & Mrs. JB?

Also, with all due respect to them, I doubt very seriously that them not posting in here would have any effect on the volume of posts or would keep away any of the people who commonly post in here.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think what giddyup means, TheHorns, is that those two posters play such a big role on this board, with them not posting as much, it feels that many others are gone or it highlights the fact that there are other well-regarded posters who aren't around as often.

I don't think he meant that people have stopped posting because they aren't posting as much.

14. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

We're still here -- just not as often. I can't speak for Jeff, but I've been trying to stay away from the more volatile war-related threads (for my own sanity and peace of mind). Unfortunately, with the current polarized political climate on the BBS, it seems like just about every thread teeters on the brink of a blow-up at any given moment.

I did post in a thread about books and Jeff started a thread about jazz records -- those seemed like pretty safe topics. :)

15. Band Geek Mobster

I miss Elvis and dimsie...

16. codell

codell Contributing Member

I miss MacBeth and Hayesstreet. I have not see any posts from them lately and when they do, its only a one or two line post. ;)

17. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Never underestimate the politicalness(is that a word?) of Jazz:). I am just waiting for someone to post the "I don't miss any of those liberal/conservative jerks" in this thread. I too have caught myself steering clear of the war threads. I found that I would read one and would get about 3 posts into it and just stop reading. Then I would look at another one and it would be the same thing. They are all redundant.

18. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I'll probably be killed for saying this, but where the heck is Manny? That jabroni barely posts here anymore. Did he finally find true love or what?

While we're at it, where is Refman?

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Refman finally got a job. Manny just came back down to Earth. He still posts a lot, but compared to his old rate, it seems like he's gone!

20. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think Ref actually got a job and is working. That may explain his absence. i have seen Manny posting lately but just not as much as he used to. I guess when a guy goes from posting 19 times a day to 3 times a day he is missed a little bit :)