1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are the untouchables on this team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Slam Dunk, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No one is truly untouchable, but the closest the Rockets have to that would be Harden, Capela, and DMo. Howard is in the 2nd tier, he could be had, but it would have to be a really solid deal.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Harden and Capela. That's it. Everyone else is expendable. The Rockets need to start looking toward next season.

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

5. dmorey

dmorey Member

harden is untouchable
    this is going to be like dirk nowitzki
    going to try to find the correct supporting cast
    lots of roster changes every year
    and hopefully win a championship

6. RocketRed4life

I would trade harden for whoever has the 1# overall pick this year + one of their best players...but only if harden continues giving that weird vibe. That said, i dont think anyone is untradeable

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Right now it feels that way.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly . .. . .
    I mean it would have to be a TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE type of deal
    A Hershel Walker Trade

Rocket River

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

For the right price, EVERYONE is expendable. If we could get Steph Curry or Durant or LBJ for Harden, I would do that in a heart beat. People I prefer to keep however are the following:

- Harden
    - Capela
    - D-Mo
    - Ariza

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This.

These guys are the future of the team.

If there were some make-your-eyes-pop superstar-for-superstar trade involving Harden, well, I don't know what that would be.

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Why would anyone be untouchable? Wouldn't you make any trade if it were the best thing for the team?

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Any team with a top-10 NBA player is not going to trade that player unless that player wants out. This is a league of stars, and the lucky teams that have a superstar have too much wrapped up in marketing that star to shuffle him off to another team in a lateral move. So, no, Harden his not really tradeable.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wow. Only us old farts remember the real Hershel Walker trade. How many years did the Vikings got set back by that trade? And how many Superbowls did the Cowboys win from the trade? That was sports lore.

1 person likes this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

Lmao@DMo being untradeable. You guys are in love with players that nobody cares about outside of clutchfans lol

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Harden.
    Capela.

I would've said last season's DMo, but not this iteration. I really don't care much about anybody else anymore. Amazing how my feelings have changed towards these guys.

17. Lightsnowaction

Playoff Dwight.

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

NOBODY is untouchable on this team...

Capella is the guy I'd least want to deal bc I dont think he's anywhere near his potential yet... his value is just going to go up imo..

DMo... I'd listen to offers... With a back injury already, a max contract on the horizon and the lack of rebounding... I'd listen, but doubt I'd move him...

Harden... I'd entertain offers. IF I got Thibs or someone coming in to coach I may hold off on pulling the trigger to see if they can extract James' head from his ass... but I think the dude is fool's gold and I'd try to get as much value as I could for him before everyone realizes how flawed this dude is mentally (work ethic, priorities, etc...)

Howard... I'd like to keep, but if the right offer comes along... 'bone on bone,' back 2 backs, on the downside of his career WITH a big payday coming... don't know how comfortable I would be giving him a 4 or 5 year deal...

Lawson, Thornton... guys I'd like to keep if they can be tied up for a few years on reasonable deals...

Ariza, PBev, KJ, Harrell, JT... not looking to move them - but for a good offer they can be had..

TJ, Decker - make me an offer! TJ aint gettin re-signed and Decker was obviously a mistake...

Brewer cant be off this team quick enough for me... seems like a nice guy - but pure rubbish this year...

Which leaves Daryll... I would want to keep DM - but I would make him relinquish some control to a REAL coach - no more figureheads, we need people pushing each other... a little friction is a good thing. DM is too comfortable. Let him do his geeky analytics and get me a basketball person to run the floor...

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Whoever has the no trade clause

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wanna bet that he gets a 15m+ a year contract offer? Teams know about him, they are aware, apparently more so than our ****ty coach.

DD