1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are the top 3 Small Forwards in the West?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocketboi, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

Discuss.

I was just wondering cause I was having a conversation with myself about Chandler Parsons being the second best in the west

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

probably Parsons, i can't think of anyone but Durant and Rudy Gay who is obviously better than Durant.

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

chandler is still inconsistent

4. SK34

SK34 Member

1. KD
    2. Parsons
    3. Batum

5. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Kevin Durant, Nicolas Batum, Andre Igoudala ... after that Rudy Gay, Chandler Parsons, and Gordon Hayward

6. Normalus

Normalus Member

This, but Il take Kawhi Leonard over Gordon Hayward.

7. bongman

bongman Member

Durant and Iggy are the top 2. Depending on how you value their contribution, Leonard, Batum, Gay and CP25 are competing for that 3rd spot.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think #2 right now, he's playing at an amazing level

1) Kevin Durant
    2) Chandler Parsons
    3) Nicolas Batum
    4) Rudy Gay

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

What has Iggy really done this year to earn #2?

10. Classic

Classic Member

Chandler's in the conversation for sure. National broadcasters always gushing.

I think if Gordon Hayward were on a winning team, he'd be getting a lot more love.

11. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Kawhi is mostly a spot up 3-point shooter. Gordon has almost gotten a triple double several times this season.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Kevin Durant
    Kawhi Leonard
    Chandler Parsons

Gordon Hayward is a close 4th to CP, since he's less of a 2 way player than Chandler.

13. newAge_Rockets

I don't think this is thread worthy, but how do you guys think Parsons would be doing if he was in Hayward's role?

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

1) Durant
    2) Iggy
    3) Parsons
    4) Batum
    5) Hayward
    6) Leonard

Right now, I don't see Parsons lower than 3rd.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

My problem with Parsons is I don't really see him as a defensive stopper. IMHO the SF position is the most talented spot in the NBA, you have these really solid guys like Martell Webster or Wilson Chandler who are seen as nothing more than "average" NBA players.

So if you're gonna have a standout at the spot, he better be damn elite at offense or D (like KD currently is), or he better be a really good two-way player. Parsons is really good at rebs and offense but he seems to have lost the defensive aptitude he showed in his rookie year. It may be due to the bigger load he has had to carry last year however this year with Harden, Howard and even Lin playing out of their minds he should've gotten better on D. That hasn't happened yet, which is why I currently rank Batum, Hayward and Kawhi over him. Don't get me wrong though, I think he's still pretty good esp. since he serves as a glue guy on the squad. He really should play more D though IMHO.

16. basketballholic

Leonard shouldn't be in the discussion this year. His 3-pt shooting has gone cold.

Hayward's efficiency is just not there.

Iggy has been very good when healthy.

Batum has been comparable to Parsons offensively and probably slightly better defensively.

At worst, Parsons is 4th best. You could make quite the case he's #2.

17. bongman

bongman Member

I don't evaluate a player's value based on 30 games. His contributions to Philly and US team has more weight than this years. He is an elite defender who can guard multiple positions and his spot up shooting is underrated. He can pass and handle the ball like a 2 guard. Has length and athleticism and has a very high BB IQ.

If you have been selected as a member of the US Olympic team, that means you are top 3 in your position regardless of which conference you play in.

Any other question?

1 person likes this.
  18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Its close, but I'd rate Iguodala and Leonard ahead of Parsons right now.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I misread the question. I thought it was top 3 SFs in the West this year. You are correct then. Rep given.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't know why anyone would put leonard over parsons

And iggy is one of the most overrated players in the league. He is just a role player at this point in his career. He's a real good defender and secondary ball handler. He doesn't offer much else