1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are some free agents you want the Rockets to go after this off-season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, May 23, 2017.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

A paw, a meow, and sap? I don't understand . . .

2. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

James Johnson can shoot the three ball, block shots and rebound. He has grit and plays hard.

We don't want another ball dominant player like Holliday (although he is an excellent player).

I'm not so sure about Ibaka's defense and I think he is on the decline. Post offense is limited but he does have a good jumper and can shoot the three. He is still an upgrade over Ryno.

We need players who can impact the game in other areas (passing, defense, rebounding) when the 3 pointer isn't falling. Beverley and Ariza cannot do it alone and Capela isn't going to be the second coming of Rudy Gobert. We simply cannot afford to have a two defensive sieves in our starting lineup in Harden and Ryno..

Look at the Warriors template - Draymond, Mcgee, Thompson and Durant are stellar defensive players to cover for Curry's limitations in that respect.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Ideal scenario: Ibaka to play stretch 4 and small ball 5. Hayward as our 2nd all-star player. Bring back Nene again. Trade Anderson and other pieces if necessary.

We'll see what we realistically get.

4. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

We need players that can do more than just sit outside the 3 pt line and wait on Harden to get them the ball. We need a big and a wing that can get to different spots on the floor and score. Ryno and Ariza are one trick ponies. Push up on the 3 and they are done. Just gotta get players that compete better on both ends of the floor. James is not gonna be that leader we need. Hopefully Morey and Les saw that again this year and can make a move or two.

5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

total dream but..

gallarani and llull come in.

then mid-season we trade anderson-lou +pick for pg13

obviously talk to hayward first and foremost.

bev-harden-pg13-gallanari-capela
    llull-egordon-ariza-dekker-nanu
    brown-williams-wiltjer-nene

6. AXG

AXG Member

Simmons would be good for cheap, but he's a system player. He won't be a star.

7. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

agree with everybody on PG13, Ibaka, not high on Millsap or haywood, would rather have some nice comlimentary players than those two money eaters

8. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I love James Johnson but his price tag might be too high IMO plus I think he drank the MIA Kool-Aid. And MIA will have cap space with the Bosh contract coming off the books.

Ryno needs to be traded. Just to be clear, I don't think he's trash. I think he is a great player, but the elite teams will target him.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Otto Porter

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Would love Porter if there is a chance the Wizards won't match. If we aren't getting another star, I'd absolutely be fine with offering him the max and just seeing what happens.

The Heyward+Ibaka talk is just going to get people's feelings hurt. Won't shock me if we can't even get a meeting with Gor-Dahn.

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Which Josh Smith? Smoove or Three Sandwiches?

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I feel like overpaying for a role-player coming out of the best system in the NBA is just not the play. Prime example - Boban

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. raining threes

Bring in BoBan and Gallo.

Draft a young SF, bringing Justin Jackson home to take some of Ariza's minutes would be optimal.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Smart idea to bring back someone dead to play, but not sure i would pick up her
    [​IMG]

:D

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You think the Wiz would match a huge deal with Kelly Oubre coming up?

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To be fair, when Boban played he was a complete monster.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Imo yes, Oubre is interesting but i'm not sure you can trust him as a starter, he's also more of a SG/SF, Porter is a good rebounder for his position, more a SF/PF in today's basketball...they have a set roster at this point, they have their two stars in Wall and Beal, some good role players in Gortat, Morris and Bogdanovic...i guess they're totally fine with paying Porter at this point also cause you can expect a very good role player out of him in the worst case scenario, but there's a decent chance he'll develop into something better than that.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Porter was a star this year. Other than him not being a big time creator, he's a perfect offensive player. His percentages were crazy. The only way they wouldn't match is fear of being crippled and I would be willing to test them.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Better; but at 3X the $$$. Destined for Barkley Center.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty much, and i don't see a reason why they should fear that at this point. They're not going to be a destination for top players anyway, and even if they will, you have to expect them to upgrade at the 4 more than the 3 so...

There were also rumors about Wall and Cousins willing to play together, if that's true, maybe they'll try to trade for him using Gortat and Oubre. But even if they have no interest in Cousins that's pretty much the way i expect them to get better at this point, resign Porter so you have your "big three" already locked in, and look for an upgrade at the 4 or 5 with Gortat/Morris + Oubre and pick/s.