1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are some free agents you want the Rockets to go after this off-season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, May 23, 2017.

1. Chamillionaire

I also like Holiday. We have enough shooting especially if we keep the current team in tact. Wouldn't trade Lou and Ariza as they are on team friendly contracts. Would strongly consider moving Ryno.

2. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

I like Speights.
    15 mins a game, 8.7PPG /4.5 RPG, 37% from 3. He was getting less than 2 mil this season. Could be a solid backup.

fattz, Hui, gatsby and 6 others like this.
  3. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

So he is a fraction of the price of a broke man's millsap?

That's very very cheap.

4. jb86

jb86 Member

Gallo
    Ibaka
    2Pat
    DMo
    Nene
    Tyreke Evans
    Michael Beasley

5. rockets13champs

I think most realistically another guard or wing bring back Nene and add Speights.
    Tucker, Nene and Speights would be great

6. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

I want Johnathon Simmons on this team over just about anyone else. I know he's restricted but he reminds me of a young jimmy butler. I think he can be a future star. Throw a ton of $ at him; enough that you put the pressure on San Antonio. Worst case scenario; San Antonio has to match and had to pay dearly to keep him. Best case; he replaces Ariza, turns into a 3 and D star, and you've knocked a division rival down a peg.

7. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Double post

8. Asian Sensation

I want him too but little known fact of the day....He and Jimmy Butler are the same age. Same exact born day and all.

amaru and BigMaloe like this.
  9. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Houston born and gave ZERO ***** on the court. He balled his ass off

10. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

IMO

Hayward, Milsap

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

1A: Hayward (pipe dream)
    1B: Millsap (I think this could happen)
    1C: Gallo
    1D: Ibaka

Some role players with MLE money-
    -Amir Johnson
    -Nene
    -Taj Gibson
    -Pat Patterson (paging Carl)

Not really mentioning Blake, Durant, or CP3 cause that's just not a reality. The big thing to watch is to see if the team aggressively shops Eric Gordon who they need to move to get true max cap space.

I think they can get one of those secondary players though easily if not Nene and another one to really bolster their rebounding and interior defense. Bringing back everyone including Nene, and adding a Taj Gibson would be a great offseason to be honest. Getting a "1" player to me comes with some risk in losing EG. They would need a huge year out of Lou.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Simmons is already 27 and will be 28 before the start of the 17-18 season. There's zero evidence that he can be a future star. Throwing a ton of money at a guy because he played well in a few playoff games is how u end up overpaying guys like Solomon Hill.

Hmc415, fattz, gatsby and 6 others like this.
  14. Gorki

Gorki Member

Josh Smith

HTX Ninja likes this.
  15. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

A Shawn Marion like player is what we want.

jump shooter likes this.
  16. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

or Bismack biyombo

Reeko likes this.
  17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

It's gonna be Blake Griffin and I can already see him throwing up.3s instead of attacking the paint :mad:o_O:eek::D

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly. fools gold for a ton of people that just happen to tune in recently but for his sake he did earn himself some money whether it be from SA or another team desperate out there

fattz likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, if we can make a run at him, sure, and if he wants to come here.

Morey is in a "beggars can't be choosers" spot. If it were up to him, maybe he would trade Harden to the Lakers for their #2 pick and go for the rebuild while the Warriors dominate the league for the next three or four seasons. But he has to keep Les happy with a winning team (and generally hollow talk of championships, which has probably died off a bit this season and been replaced with "competitive" and "winning"), so he has to find a second star.....

....even if that second star (Blake Griffin) is playing on one and a half legs. Which would help him agree with the "I'll jack three-pointers" philosophy. Less forays to the basket, less leaps into the air and landing on bad wheels. Or bad shocks / struts / axles. Whatever.

20. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Morey has to surround Harden with 4 defensive + players at all times (in the playoffs).

And one of those four has to have the ability to shoot 3s, and be a playmaker, and guard a wing player. We have hide Harden on the stretch 4, or the non shooter.

Jimmy Buckets and Paul George are the only ones that make sense.

I think the offers for Paul George will not be great with all the Laker talk.

Who knows what the hell the Bulls want,

Is giving up Clint Capella and Dekker and draft picks enough?

If it is enough, is PG or Buckets worth the risk of a one year rental?

Any free agent addition will just add marginal improvement. (Hayward being the exception)