1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whitney Houston has passed away

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Feb 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

^what he said...rip

2. what

what Member

Her '86 album I bought on the same trip when I met my biological father for the first time. Always thought it was the best example of her: before the diva began.

An original. RIP

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was in BH in January. Crazy town.

This song was awesome too

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8yvsU4SNWPA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Never much of a fan, but she was a great talent. RIP. At leas she made it almost twice as long as Amy Winehouse.

5. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Her daughter rushed to the hospital..

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/whitney-houstons-daughter-ambulance-15568994#.Tzg7fVxSRk4

Paramedics say they took Whitney Houston's daughter to a Los Angeles hospital Sunday morning for unspecified medical reasons.

The Beverly Hills Fire Department says Bobbi Kristina Brown was taken from the Beverly Hills Hilton around 10:30 a.m. Sunday, less than a day after her mother died in a room at the same hotel.

The 18-year-old's condition was not immediately known.

An email message sent to a representative of her father, Bobby Brown, was not immediately returned.

Coroner's officials received Whitney Houston's body early Sunday morning, but have not yet said when an autopsy will occur. Any cause of death determination will likely be delayed while they await toxicology results.

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

The Grammys are going to be f-cking unbearable tonight. That fat sh-t Jennifer Hudson is paying tribute.

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

why couldnt it have been patty labelle?

8. jdh008

jdh008 Member

They were going to cancel the party altogether, but ultimately decided to turn it into a tribute to Whitney. So it's not like it was a typical pre-Grammy self-congratulatory party.

But it would still be a bit creepy to be a guest at the place knowing that her body was still in that room.

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Is everyone's facebook cluttered with this **** too? b****es didn't even know her.

[​IMG]

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kjofj4ut2dc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It will be a good way to see difference in actual talent and what passes for talent today.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Man, what a set of pipes.

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

She can sing though. Don't get me wrong. I totally understand where you're coming from and agree, but Jennifer Hudson won't be the best candidate to illustrate that difference. Girl's got pipes.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RIP Whitney Houston. I remember having a debate back my freshman year in college with someone about whether she really was an artist or not. I said yes he said no saying that she was just a singer singing what some body else wrote. I pointed out that she wasn't just singing the notes but interpreting them in her own way and also that her singing while a natural talent was something that took a lot of work and craft to get to that level.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All of the said above I am already getting tired of the Whitney Houston attention. (I mean did ABC really need to dedicate their whole evening news broadcast to Whitney Houston?)

She was a phenomenal singer and it is tragic that she died, that said this didn't strike me as much of a surprise that she has died.

16. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Plenty of female girls have pipes.

Whitney made everything look effortless. She made the National Anthem from the 91' Super Bowl her b-tch. That song better illustrates talent gap. Many have fallen to its sword.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5jeUINzHK9o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I watch less and less TV now already, but I havent watched any TV news reports, special broadcasts, commemorations, any of that stuff. Fortunately.

This is a nice benefit of internet. Can "splice" that way. Can still get news how I want to receive it and remember a person the way I want to remember them, without all the shoved-down-the-throat puff pieces

18. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Didn't say she was as good as Whitney, just that she's not one of today's "passes for talent" music stars. She wouldn't look like total garbage singing a Whitney song like some of these other chicks. That's all.

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

So true. I read that post wondering "who watches the ABC evening news?" lol

20. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

R.I.P guys r.i.p... :( :(
    [​IMG]