1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White lives matter: Black teens attempt to shoot and rob suburban white couple

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 25, 2015.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I think I get it now. So you're saying that the problem here is actually the blacks?

2. treeman

treeman Member

And you know, you probably have a point about thug culture being a figment of Whitey's imagination. I mean, these look like peaceful guys, right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are clearly messages of peace and tolerance being sent by honorable role models. Clearly, socioeconomic status and white racism are the only relevant factors here.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yep. Let's see what Ta-Nehisi Coates has to say about THAT.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You will continue to use statistics to support that black people are violent. Which is the picture you've tried to paint since popping into this thread. Instead of realizing that there is heightened crime in all poor communities no matter the race. This is no surprise to anyone that knows anything about how human society has always functioned. Poor communities will always have more crime problems, this is a 'Duh' realization for anyone again that has followed how human societies are set up since the history of time.

You are proving with this post and the rest of your posts here how desperate you are to paint black people as violent.

You still have not answered the question here.

Are black people violent?

I could go in depth with these statistics, but it may not be worth the time if you just simply believe black people are violent then no one should be bothered to waste time discussing race with you.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

LOL

The rap music thing huh. You lose all credibility bringing it up because one it assumes that all black people listen to rap music and it also assumes that all rap music is bad.

Fact. Not all black people listen to rap music.
    Fact. Not all rap music 'glorifies' what you call thug culture.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Graphs that fit your framework, that darn Rap music and extremely limited experience and understanding of "Black Culture" is your argument.

One act of crime, for anyone, does not mean that they are a "thug." I guess your understanding of the word "thug" is so far off of the grid that it doesn't match the real meaning.

Posting pictures of 50, Pac and Cube shows the tunnel-vision you have. Rap music IS NOT the black community. It's a genre of music.

You lost all credibility with that. There's no point in debating any further.

I guess I have to accept that racism will continue to exist as long as those who don't understand differences, including sociological discrepancies, fail to educate themselves or learn to step outside of their inherent intolerance. Racism continues with this type of thinking. I guess some of you prefer to be part of the problem by categorizing an entire population, instead of being part of the solution and learning about the factors and demographics associated with crime.

One side of my family is African American, while I am half. Experience is a powerful tool. But, if you can't experience it firsthand, it's a good idea to learn about diversity before putting an unfair, inaccurate, idiotic label on all of us. And yes, that's exactly what you're doing.

You say "black culture" needs reform. I'd say individuals like yourself need a reform of thought and the means to lose this whole elite selfishness.

Equality is what we strive for, not polarization. Congratulations for continuing the divide.

African American culture will continue to grow and make a positive impact, even if you discredit all things "black." Lord knows, all we do is "thug" it out in these streets, sell drugs, run from cops, beat people and stay lazy. :rolleyes:

I'm out to go watch ball, one of the few places where race-baiting and racial discrimination doesn't exist. We have some excellent African American and Latino boys with skills. Oh shoot, they're probably self-victimized thugs. Riiight....

Education breathes intelligence. Misunderstanding yields ignorance.

I'll rock with love and support for all, and I'll continue to forgive those that are unable to see beyond their own false conclusions and hate towards those outside of their belief structure.

Black lives do matter. White lives matter. People matter.

Keep posting your tired statistics that anyone could counter. It doesn't prove anything other than your lack of understanding of the definition of "culture," and especially your shocking view of African American youth.

7. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Devestating.

This thread ended after the 4th chart you posted.

The BLM response?

Ermm.... yeahhh.... they're exceptions, not the rule. Though they have a far greater influence over our poor kids than white collar African American's, we'll choose to pretend they don't have any bearing on how our young black men act.

#67 Honey Bear, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This thread is embarrassing.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Treeman with the Facebook graphics... LOL

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Until we reform our obsession with lengthy prison sentences for nonviolent offenders as "being tough on crime" or "getting what they deserved", this feedback loop won't change. You can't have fathers and wage earners removed from life, dependent upon the prison state where they're pretty much stuck in time, education and skills. There's been drives to promote higher education in prison yet our puritanical God fearing and enacting culture feels that's too much of a reward .

As this affects and rips apart families disproportionately from actual crimes committed across all races, it pretty much is an unfair and targeted system.

Whites smoke and deal as much in proportion, and if they were convicted similarly in numbers, there would be a larger outcry to reform the system and punish with the true severity of the crime.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Using publicity shots is stupid. It hardly shows one race to hold violence in higher esteem than another race.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry to call you out treeman, and it isn't all your fault because the media is guilty of the same double standard based on race.

If a black person has a gun it's because blacks have a violent culture. If a white person has a gun it's just entertainment, or the second amendment, or good ol' traditional values of hunting.

That double standard is a form of subconscious racism. Whites are all over the place with guns but somehow that isn't part of a violent criminal culture.

Same with the lyrics of songs.

Which came first Johnny Cash or NWA?

There are plenty in the media, as well as online that are guilty of this type of double standard. When a white person does it, it's okay, entertainment, traditional values etc.

Yet people are all ready to condemn blacks for having a violent culture and holding up violence and criminality as something to be idolized.

It's one of the many double standards and reasons why some minorities claim that they don't get a fair shake.

#71 FranchiseBlade, Aug 26, 2015
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

FB beat me to the point. Glorifying violence is not a uniquely Black American trait.

13. prohibido

prohibido Member

Some idiot clown starts a racist trolling thread and just like a trained monkey treeman climbs down and jumps in full force, totally unaware that it's a total farce.

14. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

This is a pointless post.

All we have to do is look at deaths from guns per race.

And it nullifies everything you've said. Ask yourself - Who is actually being influenced by violence to go out and commit those crimes?

15. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I think the lesson here is not to **** with asians, because they clearly don't get caught.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It doesn't nullify the double standard at all. Treeman posted a clear example of looking at pictures of one race with guns and attaching a different meaning to pictures of another race with guns.

17. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Only after I see some popped collars in the projects teaching firearms safety classes and handing out surplus M1 Garands so that "innocent people can protect themselves" will I stop laughing at the reactionary fratservatives talking about how not-racist they are.

#77 Deji McGever, Aug 26, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

As we've seen by all the useful statistics about gun violence, that is where handing out those M1 Garands would do the most good.

19. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Perhaps the MLK-quoting fratservatives should read some Malcolm X.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

*wrong thread....meant to post in the other murder thread of the reporter...