1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White lives matter: Black teens attempt to shoot and rob suburban white couple

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Well, now I know you're also a narcissist related to your self-concept.

Understanding African American culture does have a correlation to your own race because YOU don't experience the same stigmas that this group does.

Your connection to homosexuals and transgenders is completely off-topic, and it is a cover up for how you feel about the African American community as a whole. I know this because of your posting history.

Overcoming hardships? Do you understand that African Americans in many areas try daily to overcome a ceiling that they cannot control? If it were that easy, we wouldn't be having this discussion. The fact is that many still consider African Americans as an inferior community.

And you're wrong. African Americans don't focus on victimization.

I cannot believe you used the word "Thug Culture." You should be ashamed. African Americans are NOT "thug culture." That's your own delusional belief. Have you ever looked up the numbers related to other races in the criminal justice system? How about the White, Mexicans etc who have been charged with violent crimes? Do they get a pass from your idiotic claim of "thug culture?"

50 years later, the majority of us (not you, it appears) have learned to live through equality. You can continue bashing liberals and blame some sort of non-existent thug culture for your distaste of minorities. Please don't deny your vendetta against all things African American.

Additionally, how dare you quote MLK or reference his name. If he were able to speak with your close-minded point of view, he would most likely tell you that culture has nothing to do with the ills of America. You choose to blame a certain group's struggle for equality, music, poverty, discrimination and lack of opportunities on culture.

It's possible that you don't even understand what the word "culture" really means. It has nothing to do with materialism. Have you ever heard of Hollywood? Kardashians? Warren Buffet? Isn't that materialism which is the so -called culture of the elite?

Your comment about expressing ideas on the NBA or basketball is fair. No, you don't have to play or coach to have an opinion, but your knowledge of the game and your experience is minimal in comparison to those of us who have played and coached at a high level. I have no idea where you draw the parallel.

God save the King? I think you would be disappointed with more African American leaders explaining to you that culture has nothing to do with crime.

"Blacks" want the same thing as you: tolerance, opportunity, progression and a happy life. They work just as hard and their culture should be celebrated just like you embellish your cultural foundations.

It's your right to continue with these beliefs. I consider them to be very dangerous, on the fringe, and representative of WHY there still is a problem with racism in this country.

Life can be more enjoyable when you view people as equal, despite their race and background. Your whole notion of culture is a scapegoat and cover up for your race-baiting.

For those of us who actually understand the stigmas associated with being "black," along with the positive aspects of African American culture are well aware of your type.

We choose to carry on and accept that those in your belief group will never accept a culture that is different than yours, only because it's different and you have no other group to blame for what you see is wrong in this country.

I feel sorry for you and the people who have opened these beliefs into your mind.

MLK is rolling over in his grave right now.

I'll pray for you to find tolerance and the competence to fully understand what culture is, and moreover, the beauty of African American culture. None of what you mentioned applies to the African American masses.

It's simply your attempt to perpetuate racism and stereotypical views that we hoped were eliminated decades ago.

Please don't even mention this as a liberal vs. conservative issue. It's a love vs. bigotry issue. Liberals aren't naive, we just choose to help those who have been systematically ignored and oppressed in multiple ways. They don't identify as "victims." They identify as survivors who have persevered through the hateful garbage that you spew from a racially intolerant lifestyle.

If you could, do us a favor. By that, I mean those of us who respect African American "culture" for its beauty and those of us who identify as African American. Stop making claims about this community without evidence and don't make a mockery out of an African American hero who sought to destroy the simple-minded thinking that has contaminated your respect for others.

It probably started for you when Obama was elected and then it was reinforced when he successfully accomplished what he said he would during his campaign. You can't handle being on equal ground, so you resort to criticizing an entire culture with the stereotypes that cause racial strife.

Knowledge is power, kiddo. Tolerance is, too.

:)

1 person likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At some point I hope we all realize the obvious truth....

#NoLivesMatter

3. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

NSFW language

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bGZ8Bb6t6cQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

Couldn't help but notice you kept stating youth culture this time not black culture.
    As for Donald there is nothing he will be able to do but watch from the sidelines he couldn't reform his hair piece much less America.

5. treeman

treeman Member

‘*****ing Most Violent Mother*****ers': Woman’s #BlackLivesMatter Rant Goes Viral

[youtube]tzHcIDYDPAk[/youtube]

Truth. It hurts sometimes.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Too bad it isn't the truth.

They held a vigil for the girl, because protesting against criminals is dumb. Therefore her truth that they did nothing for the girl is false.

Also, this entire idea that no one cares about black on black crime actually comes from people that actually don't care about black on black crime. Otherwise you'd know there have been and are plenty of things that are done about it. If you care so much, then speak out about it more instead of just using it to try to smear a group of people and paint a negative picture of them.

As for this woman, I just wish you would listen to other black people instead of picking and choosing the ones that agree with you. Often ones that are so far away from the situation that they don't understand it any more. She even admits to police brutality btw.

Not sure how you are going to solve a crime problem though when even the government admits that there is something wrong with the LE there...seems like that would be the first problem to fix...

Any ways...I remember the days when it was Bill Cosby lecturing other black folks...ahh the days...

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Awesome.

8. treeman

treeman Member

Oh, they held a vigil, well, PROBLEM SOLVED then, eh?

She is talking about celebrating thugs and the violent a$$holes like Michael Brown and this other moron who shot at the cops. She is talking about idiotic rioting and violent reaction to such incidents. She is talking about the epidemic of black-on-black crime that plagues the black community that is a FAR greater problem than police brutality and excesses that, while real, are relatively rare.

She's telling the black community to get its own house in order, but - predictably - that's not a message that the BLM crowd wants to hear. Far easier to blame someone else. Good grief, you've got people trying to deny that a "thug culture" even exists - that sort of ludicrous denial is EXACTLY what will prevent the black community from ever healing its own self-inflicted wounds.

It's absolutely true, everyone outside of the SJW movement knows it, honest black people know it, and until people like you admit it NOTHING will ever improve the black community's lot.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Her entire argument is based on them doing nothing for the girl which isn't true.

The problem is that people like you and her believe black on black crime are a result of people being black and not being poor.

And there are MANY reasons why many black people are poor in the country.

And again, the idea that nothing is done about black on black crime is false and based on nothing. Where is your proof of that? Until you provide truth on that, stop saying it.

Oh yeah?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XEnFr5JW7hY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When people like you admit those things instead of agreeing that black people are "Violent M____________" maybe we could have a honest discussion about race.

Oh and since this is a white guy saying it, it makes it the truth right? Is that the logic we're using here now?

10. treeman

treeman Member

Well, actually her entire argument is based upon glorification of thug culture, the epidemic of black-on-black violence and crime, and rioting over "fake" police brutality incidents such as the idiot who shot at cops. Or did you not actually watch the video?

No, "people like me" (by which you likely mean racists, of course, but couldn't be further from the truth) believe that black-on-black violence has to do not with only people being poor, but also with a subculture that not only celebrates thug life - violence, drug abuse, debasement of women, gang activity, disrespect for others' property and rights - but also glosses over its own inadequacies by denying that it even is a problem, and focuses on real but relatively rare problems such as police brutality instead.

1) The evidence is that the black-on-black epidemic has shown ZERO signs of abating, and only appears to be getting worse as time goes on, and 2) I will NOT stop saying it. I know telling others to shut up is the default libtard argument, but it doesn't always work too well.

Hey, nice attempt to change the subject there. It almost worked.

You aren't interested in having an honest discussion about race. I didn't post the video in order to spark an honest discussion about race - such a thing has never happened here and is unlikely to ever happen here. There will not be any honest discussion of race until the black community looks itself in the mirror and admits that it is doing much of this to itself.

As long as people like yourself continue to deny that the thug culture plays a huge role in perpetuating the misery that the black community finds itself in (much less denying that such a thug culture even exists), and continue to blame all of the black community's problems on others, there is ZERO potential to have a constructive discussion about the situation. I am not sure why you expect anyone to take you seriously if you can't even admit to such basic and obvious truths. This is the achilles heel of the BLM "movement" and why it will gain no traction outside of the fringe left of the Democrap party.

It's the whole "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" thing. Or, to use another stone metaphor, don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Make an effort to get your own house in order and we can talk about the rest of it, but until then you're whistling in the wind. Admit to and take responsibility for your own failings. If you refuse to do that, I'm not sure why you would expect anyone else to take you seriously on anything else.

Cosby may be a rapist douchebag, but he was absolutely right about the need for the black community to start taking responsibility for its own failings, and for its youth to stop acting like savages and start acting like men. And this grandma is right about it, too. If you guys had any brains you'd heed these warnings instead of ignoring them.

Hold on, doesn't grandma know better the truths about her own community and its identity? Or do we now have self-hating blacks, too?

At any rate, Mr. Wise has made quite the career of white-shaming. I doubt grandma is getting paid anything for her truth.

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It's like talking to a pile of rocks. That's the intellect around here.

The "Black" community doesn't glorify thug culture, drugs, violence and all of the other lies posted in this thread. Period.

Police brutality isn't a myth. There are countless cases that prove police were unjustified in their treatment against minorities and African Americans.

Whoever said Mike Brown was a thug, please research the man before labeling him as such. Oh wait, he's black, so he must be deep in that thug life.:rolleyes:

You don't understand African American culture. It's obvious. And, your claims really do suggest a racist mindset. I don't know why you deny it. It must be difficult to analyze your own belief structure and have some of us call you out for what you are.

Please don't try to understand African American culture at this point. If you were not prejudice/racist, it would be a great discussion. For now, because you lack the understanding of racial differences and deny that racism and police brutality exists, there's no need to discuss anything. You're choosing to be blind. That's fine, but the rest of us have our eyes open.

I love how some of you claim to understand the totality of African American culture, but you've never experienced it, either because you negatively categorize its existence or you have never experienced it based on your own ethnicity or simple mind.

Posting a video of one African American woman doesn't prove your point.

It just shows you can use YouTube. I can do the same thing, but I'm not ignorant enough to think one voice or one incident represents the entire African American community, or the young men that you call "thugs."

Try walking into a high school classroom that is predominantly African American and call those kids "thugs" because they're "black." They'll tell you that they aren't part of your sick label of "thug life" EVEN if they listen to "that darn rap music." Don't blame the music or African American culture.

Blame the people who have inappropriately labeled African Americans and their communities. Blame the officers who continue to murder unarmed men, regardless of their alleged "crimes." Blame yourself for the racism that still exists.

Blame yourself.

12. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

There is video, taken the day he was killed, of him literally being a thug. He committed a strong-arm robbery of a shopkeeper.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Actually, I did watch the video. Anyone who thinks black people 'Glorify' thug culture are usually the idiots that think Hip-Hop is black culture.

Usually the same ignorant people that don't realize that more white people listen to and promote hip-hop and rap music than black people do.

So, is that 'Black' culture or something else?

Saying black culture is thug culture is the same as saying white culture is racist.

Yes there are many black people that are in all intents and purposes, thugs. That tell their children it's okay to start fights, shun school, and get money at all costs.

Just like there are white people that are bold racists and wave their confederate flags proud, tell their daughters not to date black men and etc etc.

Is that white culture? Would it be fair for me to say it's white culture? It would be silly and racist.

Also...Again, where is your proof that the black community doesn't care about black-on-black crime?

Actually, we should talk more about white on white crime. I'll bold this so that you and everyone else harping on black-black crime can STFU about it and feel stupid for bringing it up. The only reason you do it is to try and shame black people and promote this idea that they are as you agree with "Violent mother_______"

1980-2008, 84% white victims were murdered by white people.
    http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

In fact, from 2009-2013 that number has been fluctuating between 83 and 84 percent. So guess what, white people are not doing enough about white on white crime either. Why has it not gone down through all those years.

In fact through 1980-2008 that number for blacks, 93%
    through 2009-2013 that number has fluctuated from 90 to 91% so it seems one community has.

In fact, read up on the Jim Brown negotiating a peace treaty between the Bloods and Crips in the 90s.

The fact is, the reason why that number is so high among both races is the fact that areas are still separated. White people tend to live next to white people and vice versa.

It has little to do with culture or race and more to do with area. You put a white kid in the ghetto and guess what, they'll be ghetto. Anyone that has actually lived in those areas I'm sure can attest to that.

It has nothing to do with this idea of culture. Like a black person is just born to believe a certain thing.

Well, I posted my video to have a honest discussion. It'll never happen either if you continue to just ignore an entire group of people and think their opinions and life experiences are invalid.

No, thug culture exists except it is NOT a black thing.

When you get past your white guilt, we can have a honest discussion about race.

When you admit to the racial policies that have hindered a group of people in recent history then we can continue this discussion.

Didn't you say not to throw stones and all that mess? So a serial rapist is allowed to tell others to take responsibility....riiiight...

Well, anyone that says black people are violent mother_______ has some issues on race.

You may think Tim Wise is full of white guilt, but really it is people like you. By people like you I don't mean racist, I mean the conservatives that continue to scare away black voters by their complete lack of empathy towards them.

You shun any conversation of race or calling of racist policies because it makes you feel uncomfortable and in fact guilty. Tim Wise doesn't feel any guilt because he realizes it's not him that has these thoughts on black people being violent or inherently superior in any way. So he doesn't feel guilty talking about the 60s or slavery and how that may affect today...and it does. You feel guilty about it, not he. It's not white shame to bring up the ugly truth of the past. It's just the ugly truth of the past. If you think this world and the events happen in a vacuum as I was telling others in another thread then you need to study history a little bit more. 100 years of human history is nothing.

Also, I never called you racist, but if you do in fact believe that black people are violent then yes, yes you are.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And before someone comes in and tries to make this about a typo again.

The bolded is meant to be 'inherently inferior'

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Does anybody know what Ronny/Nomar does in real life?

Like manages a jamba juice or is an insurance underwriter or something?

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm not going to bother reading all the other posts here

But I just came in to say that the female on the picture is HOTTTTTTT. I'd hit

17. treeman

treeman Member

Hmm, so we're at an impasse. JayGoogle, Codman, and the rest of the BLM crowd refuse to admit that the black community bears any responsibility for its predicament. They continue to be in denial of the existence of a thug culture that glorifies violence, drug abuse, gang activity, etc. It's all Whitey's fault. It's all the system's fault. It's all someone else's fault. OK then.

Since there will be no constructive discussion on race today, let's just look at pictures instead.

[​IMG]

18. treeman

treeman Member

I like the play in colors on this one. The neutral blue background really brings out the contrast here, I think.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. treeman

treeman Member

This one makes me want lemon pie for some reason.

[​IMG]

20. treeman

treeman Member

This one isn't as colorful as the others, but it speaks to us in numbers in ways the others don't, I think.

[​IMG]