1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whistleblower: members of Congress were bribed and blackmailed by Turkish agents

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ari, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Ari

Ari Member

Whoa! :eek: Definitely would like to see a video of that unnamed Congresswoman, although it depends on how hot she is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brad-friedman/fbi-whistleblower-hastert_b_277704.html

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

My guess is Jane Harman.

3. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Good guess.

[rquoter]
    From Wiki:

US House Resolution on the Armenian Genocide
    Jane Harman was a co-sponsor of the Armenian Genocide recognition resolution bill in 2007. However, while still cosponsoring the bill, she wrote a letter to House Foreign Relations Committee Chair Tom Lantos urging him to withdraw the bill[17]. Her argument was that while the genocide deserves recognition, it was not a good time to embarrass Turkey given that country's role in moderating extremism in the Middle East.[18]
    [/rquoter]

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Sibel Edmonds

(hahha look who I'm stealing bandwidth from)

5. Ari

Ari Member

Sibel Edmonds is apparently of Turkish descent herself. She is not that bad looking either.

6. Ari

Ari Member

Oh God she is old!

I just lost interest in this story :eek:

7. Ari

Ari Member

Looks like Harman is no stranger to dirty politics

From her Wiki page:

8. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

This does not surprise me at all. Everything I have read points to Sibel being accurate and truthful. How much anyone here wanna bet the major networks refuse to pick this up? Free press indeed.

9. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know what to believe on this without finding out more. I am wondering who Sibel Edmonds is and why she was in a position to get this information? The article states she is a former FBI translator. Was she translating Turkish for the FBI and what was the investigation she was tied to? Is this information still covered under State Secrets or does she feel that the FBI is covering all of this up?

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fap away

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Vanity Fair article from a few years ago that should answer a bunch of your questions...

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2005/09/edmonds200509

13. g1184

g1184 Member

[​IMG]

would not hit.

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Whoa, looks like I have more reading to do later tonight.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Why aren't these people in prison? Makes you wonder what impact Nixon's pardon has had on government looking the other way on criminal activity by Congress people. All the more reason why Bush and Cheney need to face charges for what they've done in office. It's disgusting what's going on up there.

16. Ari

Ari Member

This is exactly why I think it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL that the Justice Department would pursue any and all accusations of wrongdoing in government with no regard for whom they might offend in the process. The culture of corruption in Washington is out of control. We basically have people in high levels of government colluding with foreign agents to serve foreign interests and, in the process and primarily, themselves! How is this NOT being covered by the mainstream media every single night until someone is held accountable or at least made to answer for themselves?

At the end of the day what you basically have is two parties that are unaccountable and above the law, just because no one wants to do the dirty work or be accused of playing politics. It is disheartening to say the least. When it is all said and done, what America comes down to is a nation of law and order, and without that we are no better than Russia or any other country where government corruption and tyranny is rampant, and the citizens have little to no belief in the justice system.

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I wonder how this is coming out. Has Obama lifted the "States Secret" ban?

I think I remember that Sibel Edmunds justdecided to get gutsy and speak out.

Not surprising that the Bush gang banned the release of this.

They all need to be investigated and punished where appropriate.

18. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I see nothing in the major news outlets (read: rhad was right). And, naturally, Obama will just whitewash this all away. The man is a total pansy when it comes to accountability and past transgressors.

****ing ridiculous that he's just going to let all this wash away.

19. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

20. Ari

Ari Member

Exactly, Obama is not going to lift a finger and that makes him complicit in all this. Those who turn a blind eye to justice deserve to be held in contempt. It is just another example of the ruling elite from BOTH parties watching each others backs. It is like I am in Russia all over again :eek: