1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which youngster would you hate to see leave in a trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Oct 25, 2014.

Tags:
?

Who would you hate to lose?

Poll closed Nov 1, 2014.
  1. Black

4 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Canaan

10 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Capela

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. Daniels

85 vote(s)
    33.7%
  5. Johnson

9 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. Jones

37 vote(s)
    14.7%
  7. Motiejunas

28 vote(s)
    11.1%
  8. Papanikolaou

76 vote(s)
    30.2%
  1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Worst offseason ever! Canceled my NBÀ league pass. Blow this sh#t up.

2. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

3. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

Wheres the Jason Terry option

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm not the GM. I still stand by what I say because I think we have a Larry Bird type on our hands that can outsmart the talented Mr. Wiggins.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not a youngster

6. omgTHEpotential

I know you're not the GM. You don't think like a GM, you think like a fan - Pap is fun to watch, he's white and not an athlete who's an underrated rookie with a high BBIQ and feel for the game, very easy too root for from fan perspective. I like him too. But Wiggins is simply a much superior talent and wasn't hyped without a reason. He has a very high ceiling, but unlike most hyped prospects, he actually has a pretty high floor too because of his defensive talent, that's why you could argue he's already a more useful player than Pap. Although it's definitely arguable.

7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Capela !!!... He has the most potiential

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Kostas checking out the results

[​IMG]

9. NotChandlerParsons

Honestly...none of them, in the right trade. I feel like Nick Johnson might work his way up to fan favorite status though. 360 dunks, hard nosed defense...

10. photojoe

photojoe Member

I understand what you are trying to get at, but it is impossible to determine unless you know who the trade is for. Impossible.

I like several of our young players. I love Daniels' shot. Canaan seems like he can be one of those sparkplug guys that could get hot any given night. Papa plays hard and does a little of the little things needed to win close games. Jones and D-Mo have been developing and both seem close to turning into reliable role players. Tarik Black has been a decent surprise.

They all have strengths and things that I like about them.

But I would trade any single one of them if it put us legitimately in a better position to compete for and win a championship. It depends 100% on who the trade would be for.

11. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Daniels and Popeye.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I would say you don't like any of them better than the others, then. I think if you do, then it's easy to pick one. We could get Lebron James, but if it included Papa (who i like the most right now) I'd be disappointed to see him go. Obviously Lebron > Papa, but I'd still wish we could have found a way to get Lebron and keep Papa. Perhaps it would be unrealistic and he just had to be part of the deal, but I'd still feel a bit bittersweet over it, initially, anyway.

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

I like Papa so far.

But I would not feel bad for a second if we lost him in a trade for LBJ. Not even a little bit.

That's all I was trying to say. Currently, we are a very good team but I don't think we are quite a championship team. Not yet. Even though I like several of our young players (some of them more than others), but if we needed to lose one of them or even several of them in a trade that would bring us closer to winning a championship, I would gladly do it. And I wouldn't hate to see that our youngster leave if the other player got us there.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Jones since i think he has the highest ceiling... Daniels has reached folk hero status here on CFs after like 2 games lol

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can't fault you guys, if he had a higher motor in preseason I know he would come close to be a fan favorite.....Stomp the yard

16. PeppermintCandy

Papa gets my vote because he's already seasoned enough to be a solid backup at the SF spot, and he fits into what the Rockets need in the here and now the best IMO.

The other young players on the list are a bit of a crapshoot because their games seem to be too raw at this point. In the long run, I can see guys like Canaan and Jones growing into better players than Papa. But as of this moment, the holes in their games are noticeable, and if McHale has to rely on them a lot this season, he could have a hard time working around their weaknesses.

As for Capella, I have no idea what to expect of him, but I get the feeling he'll be traded sooner or later anyways.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

calm down now man... Papa has looked good but dont forget how good Casspi was last preseason.

Let the guy play a month in real games before you call him solid

18. PeppermintCandy

LOL you're right. I should have written "relatively solid," as in compared to the other young Rockets players.

I'm still waiting to see if Papa can handle the speed of a real NBA game. But the way he does the little things - such as the way he moves and positions himself without the ball and his defensive anticipation - bodes well for him.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Casspi was mostly shooting well, but Papa is doing the opposite. He's been successful in the things one has more control over from game to game.

20. kemah

kemah Member

lol

If I remember right Casspi started to fade at the end of preseason. The last couple of games his shot was starting to miss just as the games started to ramp up to NBA speed.