1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which under 29yr old PF would you select to start a team.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by blahblehblah, May 30, 2009.

?

Whos the best pf to build your team around?

Poll closed Jun 29, 2009.
  1. Amare Stoudamire

19 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. Chris Bosh

45 vote(s)
    22.8%
  3. Paul Gasol

23 vote(s)
    11.7%
  4. Lamarcus Aldridge

69 vote(s)
    35.0%
  5. Carlos Boozer

6 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. David West

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  7. Other (Blake Griffin, David lee, Anthony Randolph etc)

30 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The thread about Amare and Bosh got me thinking, which power forward in the nba would you select FIRST if you were a GM for an expansion team. This list will include Gasol, Boozer, Bosh, Amare and West all of whom are 28 or under and still in their prime or reaching it. Excluded from the list will be Duncan, KG and Dirk due to their age as well as accomplishments.

2. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Al Jefferson in a heartbeat if you consider him a power forward if you don't then I would probably roll with Amare Stoudemire.

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

damn i knew i forgot someone.... al jefferson was listed under center! argggh!! :mad: Anyways just use other if you select Big AL.

4. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

I will say no one from your list. At least not to be my franchise player. 2nd fiddle: its going to be between Gasol, Bosh, Boozer. Amare is too injury prone for me to take, especially as a rockets fan.

Like the other guy said, Al Jefferson is the only on I would consider starting a franchise with. Before his injury, he was just amazing. On top of that better on the defensive end than the others I listed above.

Hopefully he can come back and be just as good next season.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Bosh.

Amare is great but he's injury prone and a prima donna.

When I voted I didn't think of Jefferson, but he's a great pick.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You guys that voted for Bosh don't know about Bosh. You don't see Toronto games. Maybe you caught a little Olympic Bosh. But Chris Bosh is a disgrace to the name POWER forward. Soft as tissue paper. Definitely good, but not the best on that list. No way.

7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I still havent voted, but i have to admit, Olympic Bosh is the reason I really want to select him. He outplayed Howard in the Oylmpics and was such a good defender, hustler and glue guy for the team, as well as being able to hit the jumpers and rebound. But yeah, I dont really watch Bosh play much so its hard to understand how his team was so terrible this year BEFORE the injuries.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this list is full of injuried ridden or second tier stars.

I'd go with Griffin. Without a doubt.

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I would kill to have any of those guys but if Blake Griffin is an option you can sign me up for that.

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Lebron James. And if you wanted to be anal about it, fine, I would start him at PF every game and let him post up anybody he wanted. And he would be better than any other PF in the league at doing it.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Why is Amare Stoudemire too injury prone? Given he did have microfracture surgery at a young age in his NBA career, he has been nothing but solid since coming back from that. I mean, the guy has bionic knees for crying out loud.

Is it his torn retina? That was a freak accident to begin with and it rarely happens. It won't affect his play if he wears Kareem goggles.

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I liked how someone mentioned LeBron. I imagine he could play against most power forwards and still be very effective.

I'd say LaMarcus Aldridge or Amare Stoudemire .

When Amar'e is healthy, I don't think any other power forward in the league is as explosive as he is offensively, except Nowitzki. I'm pretty sure if he were the main man on a team with very few scorers, he could put up over 30 ppg, easily (if healthy).

LaMarcus Aldridge might be the best power forward under 27. I think as the Duncan and KG crowd retires. He might become a 1st team All NBA player at some point. He could be unstoppable, if he developed his post game. He'd be a much more athletic version of Gasol.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can LA create for himself? He has no back to the basket moves, shies away from contact, and has issues getting his motor running. Again, he is a great player but... meh.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Why not Carl Landry? Some dude started a thread in the GARM not too long ago about how he thought Landry was better than Aldridge. No seriously, feel free to search for it.

15. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Really? I was just thinking about how weak this list is. I'm with those who would pick Jefferson.

16. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Ha.

Whose this PAUL Gasol you speak of?

Is he Marc and Pau's brother?

17. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

Big Al Jefferson is a good choice

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I like Al Jefferson too but he's not a PF. Neither is Gasol. So if my remaining options are: West, Boozer, Amare, Bosh and Aldridge then, yes, I would honestly prefer a younger Blake Griffin if we're picking one player to start a franchise and build your team around.

19. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Chris PAUL Gasol fool. You people need to realize that nba is more than just the Lakers :rolleyes:

But yeah, like some people mentioned, Al Jefferson easily. This guy is a beast.

20. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

LMA is more of a SF.

But I'll take LMA or Big Al.