1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which team would you choose

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Jul 29, 2016.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

B for sure. Way too physical for the others and i don't know how an MJ-Dream tandem could be stopped

2. VBG

VBG Member

I would say B would be more interesting with a Steve Nash type of PG. B's only real weakness is a lack of perimeter shooting. So you would have to try and exploit that as much as possible.

I do think C has the advantage at both big men positions (yeah I know I'm on a Rockets forum) so it would be interesting.

3. VBG

VBG Member

Sorry meant C would be more interesting with a Nash type of PG instead of Iverson.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Teams don't make sense:
    - Iverson is a ball hog
    - Payton is not the best PG of his era
    - Barkley is not the best PF of his era.

I'd even put Olajuwon at PF to pair him with Robinson and a pure distributor at PG like Bogues, Stockton or even Penny Hardaway with his length and vision. I agree on a Nash as a PG on team C

5. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

B^∞

:grin::)

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

B
    They might be the absolute greatest defensive team ever assembled. As much as I hate Karl Malone, I wish he were the 4 instead of Barkley, he is the only defensive liability on the team. 4 of those players are arguably the best defender at their positions in the history of the game. Dream and Jordan would easily be the best tandem in the history of any sport.

C
    Would be a great team but not particularly great defensively when compared to B. Shaq would be great if he could ever get Kobe or Iverson to pass him the ball. That team would have no cohesion because they would never get Iverson to practice with them.

A
    That team would be the worst by a lot. Davis and Westbrook would be so far out of that league. Both of those players would come out of that contest humiliated.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

hell, we could replace Barkley with Rodman and B's defense would be ridiculous, and probably doesn't even require any of Barkleys offense and the rebounding doesn't skip a beat. However, the Rockets and Horry did prove that you can neutralize Rodman by taking him away from the basket.

I'd still vote Stockton and Malone for B. Stockton with his superb 3pt shooting and superior fast breaking skills to Payton would be anything MJ and Dream need him to be. I think they are purposely not included because no one would vote against them. Twin Towers of Admiral and Dream is marginally interesting.

Edit: now that I think about it. Stockton with Barkley is better than Malone. Barkley would feast on the fastbreak just like he did on the Dream Team, if we take the younger Barkley. MJ, Pippen and Barkley running the break with Stockton and a Dream trailer. Oh my

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I would go with this team instead:

C KAT
    SF Durant
    SG Klay
    PG Curry
    PF Lebron

I would just spread them out and jack up a 100s. No old team would have chance against that.

Jordan can Hakeem can score all the 2s they want. Curry and Durant are going to unleash a barrage of 3s.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

B
    C
    A

Is how I would rank them. Can anyone imagine Anthony Davis trying to match up against a prime Shaq? He might actually get killed. I'd have medical staff on the sidelines for the inevitable injury that would lay out AD.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Team A , would have far more better athletes and shooting. I would switch Kevin and Lebron positions. Hack a shaq would be in effect on team C. Team B would dominate the Center position. Lebron would have to play big at the 4 to have a chance.

12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd go with B - but as much as it pains me to say this, the PF spot on that team should belong to Malone.

And on team C, I'd be tempted to replace Iverson with Nash. It isn't like that team needs Iverson's scoring.

13. Buck Turgidson

They better shoot 70%, because they'd get absolutely crushed on the boards.

Of course it's Team B.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Did you really just put Mugsy before Stockton and Penny? I mean, I could name like half a dozen point guards from that era that were better than Mugsy.

Also, debatable if Payton was the best PG of his era. I think it was between either him or Stockton - and Payton definitely played far better defense and was better at creating his own shot. I think that one is very close. Of course, a case could be made that Magic was part of this era - and that would end all discussion.

Other point guards I'd pick well before Mugsy - Kevin Johsnon, Tim Hardaway, Mark Price, Mark Jackson, Mookie Blaylock and Rod Strickland.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

A, they are in good shape.

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

Definitely team C. You guys say ballhogs, I say some of the best scorers the game as ever seen.

17. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I'm tempted to say C as well, but like others have said its hard to have a lineup of TMac, Kobe, AI with only one basketball

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

A. Because Durant is about to show the world that he is on MJ's level (obviously by joining a superteam that just spanked him out of the playoffs).

19. Steve_Francis_rules

I'm going to be original here and go with... B.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

B

I hope it's the playoffs for this team, otherwise Hakeem is just going to do enough to get to the playoffs. And why can't B have Karl Malone and John Stockton?