1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

which team will go further in the NCAA tournament? A&M or UT

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by randomdude, Mar 7, 2007.

1. randomdude

randomdude Member

Which team do you think will go further and why?

A&M is overall the better team but has been known to choke in big games.

UT has Kevin Durant and DJ Augustine but is young and inexperienced.

Personally, I believe/know that UT will go further because the whole team has matured over the season. DJ Augustine is the best compliment KD could have asked for. As for KD goes, well hes just THE MAN and will shine in the tournament. Abrams, Mason, James and Connor produce when needed so they will go further.

oh i might be a bit biased cause im a longhorn :D

2. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

??????????????

You mean like at Kansas?

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, I don't get that one either.

All things equal, I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised to see either make it to the Final Four. We need to wait until the brackets come out to make a better judgment, however.

I'm rooting for both, though. I want A&M to be so good in basketball that I can hate them like I do their football team. :D

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I really think Texas A&M is an Elite Eight team. They are superbly well-coached and Acie Law IIII is a great college guard. But they also don't have the talent of the elite teams. They probably won't make the Final Four, and if they do, they'll get spanked.

Texas has as much talent as anyone in the country, but they don't have the experience and the consistency that comes with that experience. I wouldn't be suprised with anything at this point from Texas. I could see Durant carrying the team on his back to a championship, ala Carmelo Anthony. I could also see them losing in the first or second round.

5. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

UT will go deep because of how great Durant is and when you combine that with the improved point gaurd play than you have a scary team.

A&M can beat anyone on any day but I just don't think they are a final four team.

6. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

It would be nice if they met at some point deep into the tournament.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

TAMU has coaching, experience, star power, depth, balanced offense, strength at all positions, a top 2 defense, and the Vince Young of basketball. They beat teams like Kansas on the road and hang with UCLA, just imagine them on a neutral court!

Texas can beat anyone on any given day but dont have the experienced players and dynamic offensive weapons like the Aggies. Texas can pull some upsets and get far, but TAMU has all the tools for a nasty run.

8. kevwun

kevwun Member

Atm will probably go further, but they foul way too much. I wouldn't be shocked if they ran in to problems in a closely called game in the early rounds.

9. torrr

torrr Member

A&M probably will. KD's a great player, but like my science teachers used to say, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts ;)

10. P. Moon

P. Moon Member

Care to give some examples? Honestly, I think either team could make a final four run, but it really just depends on the match-ups. If A&M has to play a team that traditionally gets "favored" by refs, such as Duke, in the second round I think they're in trouble. If UT has to play a solid, team oriented mid-major in the first two rounds I think they could be in trouble.

If I had to predict right now I would say that A&M will go farther, just because they would have a higher seed and play lower seeded teams the first 3 rounds.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Both teams have a chance to go deep in the tourney.

A&M has senior leadership and just a good overall team. Also w/ Acie Law, they have a chance to win almost any game.

UT has Kevin Durant, I don't think I have to say anything else.

12. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I think A&M will go farther simply because they are a talented team that has played together for several years and that coherence is important come tourney time.

I think Texas has all the talent, but they are so young that it makes it more improbable. I kind of look at Texas like the US Olympic teams where they just havn't played together as long as some of the other teams and it is going to cost them.

We also know March is very unpredictable though and I would not be surprised with anything that happens with Texas and A&M that ranges from 2nd round loss to Final Four.

I'd love to see a Final Four with both Texas and A&M in it. Its about time a Big XII team wins the whole enchilada and gets some respect.

13. AggieRocketFan96

Texas will join Texas A&M in the Sweet Sixteen. But I think it will tough for both to get into the Elite Eight and beyond. Texas will potentially face UNC and A&M will probably face Memphis and both games will likely be close till the end. It would be awesome if both of them and Kansas could secure spots in the Final Four!

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I had Texas losing to NMST. Not that I dislike them, like I said before they can beat or lose to anyone. And NMST has a lot of confidence. It was close too. In my mind if they got passed that trap then it was final four city for them.

And then... I had my Ags losing to Louisville. But I felt the game was an important test and if we pulled it out then it was onto San Antonio where I feel Memphis or Nevada will get beat soundly.

THANK GOD IM AN IDIOT. Rookie status deserved.

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I've got both of them heading to the Final Four.

16. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Since I have already said A&M in another thread, I will stick with A&M.

Both teams are prone to 'choking', but I think A&M is a slightly more 'solid' team top to bottom than UT.

17. Laozi

Laozi Member

I'm guessing by "I'm a Longhorn" you mean you are a Longhorn fan, not that you go to college.

A&M will probaly go futher, they play defense which allows teams to over come bad mistakes and bad shooting. If things are close late they have confidence because of Law III.

UT could go far if things break down well for them, but when you watch them play you don't get the sense that they really control the game. Eventually they'll run into a mature team that has a similiar level of talent. It really is a shame that the NCAA didn't put Durant and Oden in the same brackett we could see them play in a sweet 16 game.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have both A&M and Kansas going to the final 4....and I have UT going out to North Carolina in the sweet 16.

It would be cool if all 3 got to the final 4 though.

DD